Thread: Which version for a cintiq 12 wx?

Gallery
    View images

Which version for a cintiq 12 wx?

Hi guys,

I have just got my bonus at work and decided to splash out and ordered a cintiq 12 wx! Thought i should really invest it in something tangible rather than fritter it away!

Anyway, I have tried artrage version 2 free version about a year ago and have just come back now to look at buying it. But there seems to be a load of different versions now - full version, wacom version and the ultra mobile version - all of which would seem to apply to the 12 inch cintiq. So which one? and as far as i can see there only seems to be one option in the purchase page (apart from the boxed version) - so are all three versions included in the one download?

Cheers for any help,
    Rob

Gallery
    View images
    ArtRage Wacom edition is an 'OEM' edition of ArtRage 2.5 Full edition. The only main difference is the branding - the tools and features are the same as ArtRage 2.5 Full edition. You cannot purchase ArtRage Wacom edition as a separate purchase - it comes bundled with a Wacom tablet in Europe.

ArtRage UltraMobile edition is for people with Ultra Mobile PC devices - handheld PCs with a typically lower screen resolution than a notebook or desktop computer. The ArtRage UI has been changed to accommodate the smaller screens.

So the only versions you should be looking at are ArtRage 2.5 Full edition, and ArtRage 2.5 Plus edition.
    ArtRage 2.5 Plus edition has the same feature-set as ArtRage 2.5 Full edition. However ArtRage Plus edition comes with a CD and printed manual in an attractive DVD case. The CD also has additional content - stencils, tutorials, demonstration movies.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks Andy.

Im in the UK (so europe i guess) so does that mean my cintiq might come with the wacom edition or has that promo finished already? Think i'll hold off untill it arrives and if not then i'll come back and purchase the full edition then.

Cheers,
    Rob

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Rob!

Artrage is bundled with some Wacom Bamboo tablets in Europe, but the Cintiq has its own set of software which doesn't include ArtRage. Hope that you have fun with the Cintiq!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design