ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: COMBINING TWO PICTURES

Gallery
    View images

COMBINING TWO PICTURES

Is there a way of taking two seperate photos or pictures and combining them to make one picture :?:

Gallery
    View images
    Maybe you could try importing each image on a separate layer? Haven´t tried it, but it seems possible.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Gallery
    View images
    I tried that but it put one picture over the top of the other. I want to be able to bring the second picture in and put it along side or underneath the first picture and then export it as one picture.

Gallery
    View images
    If your ArtRage painting is big enough to hold both the images with space around them, import each picture to a separate layer : File -> Import Image to layer. When you import each image, you can move them around on the layer via the pan tool, or, when you've imported both, just right click on either of the layers with an image and choose 'Transform Layer Contents" to move it around.

If you find that your painting isn't big enough to fit both images side by side with no overlap, use the resize canvas option in the Edit menu.

Hope that helps!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Thanx for the input dave, the problem is when I bring two pix into one page, it won't allow me to move the pictures around independently. it puts one picture over the top of another.

it might be something I have to do in another program and then import to artrage. it could be something artrage is not capable of doing.

I can do what I'm asking in MICROSOFT publisher but can't find a way to then change what i've done into a jpeg format.

Gallery
    View images
    OK, I'm no expert - but just trying to help out in the meantime :wink:

When you import into a layer you will be taken via a stage which allows you to move, rotate, or zoom that pic into any position. You must do this before you click OK and begin your painting.

Later if you still need to change the position of the imported pic - then go into the layer menu tab and select 'transform layer contents' - then you can move, rotate, or zoom away to you hearts content...

Hope some of this helps,
    Rowena.

Gallery
    View images
    Rowena, thanx, i'll have to play around with the program to grasp what your saying. i'm incredibly dumb when it comes to this stuff. so thanx for the input and i'll be working on it.

Gallery
    View images
    I think this thread may help...
    or at least define what you are asking.

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ic.php?t=11834

Gallery
    View images
    gzairborne, thank you but i just figured out that i can bring both pictures into publisher and then save it using the "jpeg interchange format". i didn't see the drop down box before to be able to do that. i can then bring it into art rage and go from there.
    thanx anyhow for taking the time to find a solution. those layers in art rage tend to make me a little nuts!!!

FOR EVERYONE ELSE, THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED.