ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seiya Kou sketch

Gallery
    View images

Seiya Kou sketch

I did this as sort of a practice for facial proportions and such, and it turned into Seiya Kou from the Stars season of Sailor Moon. I tinted the paper blue and used the pencil tool. I like the pastel effect, but I need some help with the lighting and possibly other areas. Critiques and/or paintovers would be cool!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images

sorry

very sorry ops:

Gallery
    View images
    Eh... I was talking more of a correction in technique and such, like overall shape. What I meant by 'paintover' was to correct the proportions, anatomy, shading, perspective, that kinda thing. You did pretty good at making him look like the Anime Seiya, but I'm going for a realistic-ish look. You did a nice job in some areas, especially the ponytail and such, but it isn't quite what I was lookin' for LOL! It's all good though

Anyways, any lineart, shading, anatomy, perspective, correction would be cool, as would redline/blackline, and crits ^^

Gallery
    View images

OMG!

ops: ops: ops: im sorry i tought you was wanting somone to paint over it! lollllllll im so sorry...........erase that post quick! lollll im sorry i speak french........maybe it would'nt happen if english was my first language.

:? im so embarassed

Gallery
    View images
    Your version is kinda cute(you gave him nice earrings) so no I don't wanna delete the post. I just need some good crits

Gallery
    View images
    The left eye is out of alignment.

Of all the ways to draw out there, I think anime is one of the most structured.

I would approach a drawing of anime like anime is drawn.

You are painting this like a life drawing. And that's a good thing. But my recommendation is to use this tonal technique to do humans and make the other more linear.

First thing to do is get a model -- find a pic of this character and draw from it rather than out of your head.

But if you want to simply develop this, get the model still, but on a layer work on the structure. Make a layer and find your construction lines and place the parts where they belong.

That's if you want to do this character and/or draw formally.

It's a cool early drawing. It's fun when something just magically appears when you have a marking tool in hand.

Keep going!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Gallery
    View images
    I love it. Wonderful conté crayon look with some pastel highlights. I agree this has a very classical sketch look that I love.

Animé would be a whole different genre. Just to help on the proportions a bit. The left eye does need to lower a bit. The ear should be between the line of the eyes and the bottom of the nose. The neck should narrow a bit. I included the pic to show what difference it would make. Sorry if I lost some of the beautiful sketchiness by moving sections around. Just for observing... you can fix your own or go from here.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by D Akey
    The left eye is out of alignment.

Of all the ways to draw out there, I think anime is one of the most structured.

I would approach a drawing of anime like anime is drawn.

You are painting this like a life drawing. And that's a good thing. But my recommendation is to use this tonal technique to do humans and make the other more linear.

First thing to do is get a model -- find a pic of this character and draw from it rather than out of your head.

But if you want to simply develop this, get the model still, but on a layer work on the structure. Make a layer and find your construction lines and place the parts where they belong.

That's if you want to do this character and/or draw formally.

It's a cool early drawing. It's fun when something just magically appears when you have a marking tool in hand.

Keep going!
    Yeah LOL I have troubles with the eyes! I think the main problem I have with it besides the eye is the long ponytail looks too much like part of his neck. Will have to find my model though... there might be someone around who looks like a Seiya XD

Anyways thank you! This is the kind of comment I LOVE!

Quote Originally Posted by gzairborne
    I love it. Wonderful conté crayon look with some pastel highlights. I agree this has a very classical sketch look that I love.

Animé would be a whole different genre. Just to help on the proportions a bit. The left eye does need to lower a bit. The ear should be between the line of the eyes and the bottom of the nose. The neck should narrow a bit. I included the pic to show what difference it would make. Sorry if I lost some of the beautiful sketchiness by moving sections around. Just for observing... you can fix your own or go from here.
    Ah thank you for the help with the eyes, ears and nose. The thing with the neck is the part you erased is actually his ponytail. Seiya Kou and the other two singers have ridiculously long ponytails that look like they were tacked on(though they may just be mullets or rats' tails). So that is understandable. I also have to maybe put a collar around his neck to anchor him in a way.

I'm glad you like the style... I wanted to use more colours, but I felt that three(including the paper) were enough.

You did a great job fixing it up though! Gave me quite a few things to think about in my next attempt

Gallery
    View images
    oops, sorry. now he is going to be after me for chopping off his ponytail.

Gallery
    View images
    You've actually given me some good ideas on how to adjust his ponytail ^^