Thread: Recolor block within borders

Gallery
    View images

Recolor block within borders

Hi - I'm a brand new user. I was wondering if there was any tool in the program where you can choose a color (or 'transparent') and fill everything within a border to that color.

This is what I'm trying to do: I've imported an image I created previously, and it is all one layer, one solid image. Some part of the image is white. And it's on a white background. What I want to do is remove all the "background" around the image, so that I'm just left with my solid image surrounded by pure transparent.

I've had a play about, and the only solution I've found so far is to use have the first layer be cell and use the easer tool. But that is VERY labor-intensive, and quite frankly I don't have the patience. There's got to be a simpler way, but I can't figure it out.

I'd really appreciate any advice. I'm hoping it's something really simple that I've overlooked, but I can't see what it is!

Gallery
    View images
    Hmm... So you're trying to separate the pencil/pen lines from the paper? I don't think ArtRage has an easy solution for this (at least nothing that would work like Photoshops "color range" option). What you could do though is create a new layer over the top of the layer your sketch is on. On this new layer click the little black arrow to bring up the layers menu and then select "Blend" > "More Blend Modes" > "Multiply". Now if you paint on this new layer, the darker pencil lines will show through the color on the layer above it.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.