Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zeus versus Kronos

ive shortened the guy on the right.........but kept everything else for the moment...this is what i sort of had in mind..........
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

Oh yes, that will be suitably epic!
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

sorry my essay was long and useless wasn't it best of luck enchanter!

Hey Sbug......no it wasnt useless.....there wasnt something quite right about my pic and you pointed it out.......ive seen your drawings and paintings so i know that you understand what youre talking about......ok....so my greek gods are not into twkando :lol: (i think they just used lighting strikes, to knock people out :lol: )....but you were right about the stance and the length of the torso.so i took that into consideration

Enchanter
    My artist friend

Enchanter,Dynamics is the key to successful action paintings .The eye of the viewer is going to follow and look for guides or leads to the painting.
    If you provide diagonals through action poses and liner perspective(smaller as things recede into the background) usually this gets a good response. Color is a whole other aspect which uses the viewers emotional response to value, hue contrast.
    You'll know when you get there!

I know i posted this in the gallery,but i thought i do it here as well,

C and C welcome for the finished piece!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Enchanter
    My artist friend

Wow... you really changed this! The feeling of the painting is very different than I expected... very good, just different!

What made you change to the larger human images? Just hazarding a guess, but was getting the smaller figures looking good with appropriate level of detail a bit more than you wanted to do right now?

D.

Thanks D,

I was trying to portray the Father and Son Gods , so instead of gving them, and showing the whole body, I instead opted for the 'they are huge and in a different dimension to us' look.

Thus the cloud/around their lower bodies.

My initial idea was to have Father and Son as the largest size, then Kronos children 'the titans' smaller than them, but still large, then humans fighting for the gods they believe in, on the ground............a bit too much for me at this moment.......so maybe oneday in the future

cheers
    Enchanter
    My artist friend

Dear ENCHANTER:
    El fondo de la escena es genial, muy bien lograda...
    Las figuras: entiendo que son imágenes de ánforas griegas, pero creo que se despegan, o no se integran bien al fondo.
    El logro o apariencia del cesped: es hermoso! Usaste óleos?

A little translation: The background is amazing, a great succeed...
    The human bodies: They´re grieg anphores images, so that´s I stand up, but I think, they don´t compose onto the background.
    The grass appearence: It´s so beautiful! Did you use oils?
    Regards, Dámaso from Chile.

Hi Enchanter - It looks like you will work out a great painting.The background came out nice and the figures are coming along. One little tip that has helped me find models - DAZ3D.com has a free program called DAZ Studio that has a posable man and woman available. I got my copy when I bought Bryce 5.5, but I think that they have it available to anyone on their web site. The figures can be Morphed in many ways to create different body types, etc.
    Good luck with your work.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day! Joe V.