ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zeus versus Kronos

Zeus versus Kronos

i have posted this in the Gallery........and i did get some suggestions......but i think i'll post it here.....for some further C and C.

Ive given more form to the figures.(the ones ive done before the poses were not possible).....i couldnt find any reference poses on the net.so i asked my partner to take some pictures of me doing the poses ops:

and no..i will not post those photos ops:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

Landscape is OK.
    Can't wait to see the figures in detail.
    Something I hope I can paint also in the future!

Johan

block in the body colours......
    Enchanter
    My artist friend

Hi, Enchanter. The only that crosses my mind is that the figures come close to filling the frame. There is very little room above and to the right of them. That makes it feel a little cramped - like you want to "zoom out" a little.

D.

Hi D....

I wanted the figures to be imposing...since they were Greek Gods
    and i tried playing around with the positioning and sizes, also i tried not to put both figures near the centre of the painting.....i dont know how easy its going to be to try and move them

maybe next time i paint the figures first and then do the background ...

thanks for your comment
    Enchanter
    My artist friend

i didnt like the tonal values in the previous picture, so i changed them
    Enchanter
    My artist friend

Are you going to put something in the foreground to give the characters a sense of scale?
    From your comments I'm assuming they're bigger than us mere mortals.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage
    Are you going to put something in the foreground to give the characters a sense of scale?
    From your comments I'm assuming they're bigger than us mere mortals.
    Perhaps a meerkat on a log?!

D.

Hey ENCHANTER! whats up!
    well my critics would be as follows listen dude! these are lots of comments i only want you to do them better, nothing else! so please please no hard feelings okay

the backgroun is great, i love your clouds..backgrounds aren't my type of speciality, but figures!

well, you see your character to the right the length of its body is too long, like the stomach is two abs longer, if it is going to make this pose, you'll need him to be lower, cause his legs are spread open more than other character (lets call the character with spear S)(and the character to the right K for taekwondo stances )anyway your S is at a higher stance than the K character, and the S character is shorter? though it should be higher..also the length of the K character's right arm should be a little bit more longer, if you want it to have his right arm to be in front of his chest, well, then he has an opening to the side of his head, the point of this arm is to protect his head, and if he is on the defence stance, he should be supporting his weight on the left leg, cause this seems as if he is off balance like about to fall to the front, better if you have him at equal distance for both legs(the center of gravity should be in middle, for a neutral fighting position), i'll post you images later when i get the time, to show you how to make a proper stance, for defense and offense,(but i'll need a reminder if you need pictures and stuff )

now for the S character, is he trying to throw a spear? or trying to stab him, either cases, S should be turning his chest more to his right side, like showing a little of his back to his opponent (K) and the left to be extended, cause having the left arm bent shows that he isn't concentrating on his attack, like it is only a minor damage and frustrated attack, and is it a spear? cause it looks like it is behind his head, cause he'll defentily hit himself with it (i dont like the greek methodology, so if it is something else other than a spear, dont blame me ) also the balance of the head should be in the middle or supported at something(i mean at a leg and to have a head supported is to look infront of him not to the sky), cause he looks like he is going to fall back, or at a motion of going back to make a hit, and he tripped to a small rock in the grass.. what makes the head look like he is looking up, is that his chest is raised up a lot, didn't it hurt you to make these poses cause they are like... wrong, if you try to make such a pose, you'll have some pain, a right pose is not to have pain in your stance the opening of the legs of K is better than of S.. judging from your z14_a.jpg he looks like he is going to make a long throw at him, but only if you had more space in the picture, it would make sense, but it is a small picture, and they do look like huge, so they should have a lower stances to support each others attack and defence.....

did i make any sense? if not then disregard what i said i hope that i helped i really do ops:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	taekwondo_007_103.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	174.0 KB 
ID:	1635   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	taekwondo_003_868.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	172.0 KB 
ID:	1636  

andy: ive been thinking about how to show the scale...maybe a temple or soemthing like that

drzeller: i fyou look closely at the mountian peak you can just about make out a monkey holding and raising up a lion cub ...........

sbug51: thanks for the essay :lol: , ive just started reading it ...will get back to you when i finished
    Enchanter
    My artist friend