ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: I just want Artrage to be Artrage.

Gallery
    View images

I just want Artrage to be Artrage.

I don't need too much features.

I don't need another Painter or Photoshop or Illustrator or Xara or anything else.

I just want Artrage to be Artrage. Please focus on natural material painting, which made Artrage a great and unique software.

We don't see any progress on natural materials painting since Artrage 2.

But we do need natural materials like Watercolor and Acrylic painting.

I have been waiting so long for that .

So, Artrage, focus youself!

Gallery
    View images
    Watercolor! Watercolor! Watercolor!
    de l'art ou du cochon

Mac OS X 10.6.1-iMac Core2 Duo 4Go-Wacom intuos2 612-2

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by cerio
    I just want Artrage to be Artrage. Please focus on natural material painting, which made Artrage a great and unique software.
    Yes...please.

Gallery
    View images
    by Sar Watercolor! Watercolor! Watercolor!
    yes for sure watercolor is fun. But wet watercolor and wet oilcolor
    can't be mixed together in reality. But how can that be simulated in
    AR :?: :shock: Hmm, to avoid such an impossible situation, a new
    layer should be automatically added, if someone starts to paint water-
    color over wet oils. But this would give a technical feeling to me...
    On the other hand, painting oil over dry watercolor is not a problem.
    ----------->Testing feltpen over oil
    After a quick test i saw that the feltpen doesn't cover the oil completly.
    The AR-Team solved that impossible situation :!: :shock:
    I didn't test that before... I'm once again very impressed by the
    simulation capability of AR

A small wish i have:
    A thumbnail preview in the file-open dialog for ptg and jpg Files.
    I know it is some work to do for this, so i'll be patient 8)

Gallery
    View images
    A small wish i have:
    A thumbnail preview in the file-open dialog for ptg and jpg Files.
    I know it is some work to do for this, so i'll be patient
    Sorry, i didn't see the thumbnail extension for Windows.
    Thanks for that. For now i'am happy :wink:

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by sar
    Watercolor! Watercolor! Watercolor!
    and please,check sai paint tool's water brushes.

Gallery
    View images
    cerio......You are SO right.....(Artrages' s original aim was to provide exactly that),so I would strongly back what you have said,and urge Artrages Team to stay focussed on that aim ,and stick with it...You are right when you say we dont need anymore Paintshops or painters or Illustrators...keep it simple keep it fresh and keep to your original concept, you have a great program with Artrage, it would be a shame to Overdo things as these other programs have done...its the wrong road to go down...a good watercolour...a better blender...a simple line tool,and I would be most happy with that....Jack.
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

Gallery
    View images
    Ditto for what Jacktar said: donīt go adding a bunch of stuff simply to be adding. Those that need other functions--apart from your additional art media--can look for free or cheap alternatives. A case in point: Xara was (in my opinion) the best vector program out there. In their new version, they added nothing to vector art, but a really horrible way to create web pages. They are no longer in the lead. What were they thinking? Huh?

Keep ArtRage as ArtRage. Donīt add a bunch of stuff that no one needs. (Doesnīt matter what they want. ) Those that want other things can look for ancillary programs.

You guys have created the greatest program Iīve ever seen--and Iīve seen many. Donīt go mucking it up with a lot of things that take away from the simple beauty of the program! (Okay, you can add a few things. )

--sai paint tools--not too good
    --Twisted Brush--complicated and arrogant in itīs presentation (I think like the owner)
    --PhotoShop and the rest?--please, when making ArtRage better, keep it as simple as it is.

Okay, enough from my soapbox. And thanks again guys, youīve really added something to my life with your program.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Gallery
    View images
    I agree for the most part. The simplicity of everything not only keep things easy to pick up and use, but also keeps one working in a true style. By "style", I mean to say that a person is forced to keep true to the nature of the brush (or tool) and work with with what they have to create their piece. It's what makes the images look like they were done with traditional methods, IMO. This being said though, keeping things to realistic can also be a hindrance.

For example, I would personally like to see a few options added to the Palette Knife. I've seen a few people asking for similar ideas already, but I think the abillity to turn the canvas "scraping" effect off and on at will, while using the knife would be a helpful option. I rarely found myself scraping the paint off my traditional paintings by mistake, but often did it on purpose for a specific effect. It would certainly help in those situations where I'm trying to achieve a certain gradation effect and suddenly my paint decides to run dry and I end up with a large white streak.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.