ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fruit Bowl Continued

Fruit Bowl Continued

For Narf in General Chat.. You will find nothing here or on any of my work that is a paintover or a combination there of.. That is some of the reason I post on work in progress, so that my friends here on the forum can see and understand the amount of time and paientence I put in a painting.. I dont waste a lot of time with a canvas, and I use textures for some of my still canvas's from a site on the web.. Other than that, it is hand done from start to finish..
    I have no idea what others do, nor do I care.. As long as a person is enjoying himself or herself and expressing himself or herself, that to me is what it is all about..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Click Upper Right To Visit My Gallery

Galena, Kansas, USA (Southeast corner of the state)
    Very nice again Rick. Life is getting busy here at the moment. Can't pop in as much. So I look forward to glancing in at bedtime. Keep up the great work. A also applaud your comment to Narf.

We all aren't masters. But I do love my painting. I never thought about painting over things. But I guess some could do that. Anyway, to each their own.

Yes, Rick. Absolutely. And I hope you did not take what I said as any diminishment of your fine paintings. These still lifes are astonishingly good.

My reference was to people whose work, as was mentioned, seem like nothing more was done than looking like a filter was applied and for people who are just taking up art who do that. I think novices tend to get good really quick and people who are good often become technically brilliant. And once someone gets a vision with this tool, it's easier to get to the finish in high fashion.

No, your paintings are super and I know you're going about it the old fashioned way, through painstaking observation and care for detail and fine work. And the things you gain through this process will endure for you.

I'm very impressed with your industry and skill.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thank you both, very much..
    No, "D", I didn't.. I value you critique and comments, they have helped me move toward my goal.. I always look forward to hearing from you.. Thanks again..

Yours is very impressive work Rick
    May I ask if you are painting over a background photo of stone? Its very effective.

As always, its great fun to see the various stages in your painting. It makes the resulting work that much more interesting.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Thank you Scott and Rowena.. Rowena, the canvas comes from a site called Textures.. I assume it is a photo, but don't really know for sure.. They have some great canvas for stills..

Wonderful start.. The background slate like feel is giving great depth to the pick....
    keep us posted Rick
    Regards
    K

How many hours you have spent up to now? It's so beautiful and I know it's lot of work and patience.

Thanks Kaushik and Pai.. Pai, I have about 1/2 hour in each grape, plus the sketch.. I dont know how much time I have in the sketch, as I rough in a sketch then I finite each element before I paint it.. I know there are are probably other quicker ways to do this kind of stuff, but without any formal training, I had to learn my way, by trial and error.. Besides, I really have not much else I have to do so I enjoy spending my time taking my time.. Thanks again..