ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Should I get the CD version or just download the software?

Should I get the CD version or just download the software?

The only reason I'm asking is the CD version comes with a printed manual and some video tutorials. If all of that stuff is available for download (PDF and some video links) then I'll just get the $25 dollar version and download everything else. Any thoughts?

Hi there!

This thread might be helpful to you, where I describe in more detail what is with the Plus version - http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ic.php?t=11986

There are similar tutorials available on the forums, just in the forum thread layout rather than .pdf ( see the Tips and Tricks forum ) and you can download the quickstart guide in html format from www.artrage.com/artragetutorials.html. The manual is also available in pdf format as part of the version you download. While the CD version comes with 16 extra stencils and some tracing images, a large amount of similar content can be downloaded from other users from the Art Supplies forum.

I'd say the main reason to purchase the CD version is if you want a physical product with a paper manual. If you get the download version, you can always back up your downloaded ArtRage installer, together with your registration key to a CD so that you have a physical backup copy. If you lose your installer, you can also download from us via our support page at http://www.artrage.com/ar2support.html
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design