Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cursor problems

Gallery
    View images

cursor problems

Hi, at some point my artrage cursor showed the size of the brush when painting, but i let my dad paint for a few hours and now its just a small crosshair, he doesnt know what he did, and i cant find a way to fix it, id be very happy if someone could give me a helping hand here, cheers

Gallery
    View images
    Hi shalow

My first guess: In the Edit menu, submenu Preferences: Has Use Precise Cursor been checked? If so - try and uncheck it.

My second guess: You can see/set the brush size in the lower left corner. Depending on your screen size and zoom, the circle sometimes goes into beeing a 'Precise Cursor'. At 1280x1024 100% the cursor changes if brush size is set to 13% on my version of ArtRage. Zooming in or going back up in cursor size (eg. to default 50%) will get the circle cursor back.

Happy DoodLS

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks DoodLS! I'd say those two are the most likely causes of this, definitely. Do let us know if you find you're still having problems
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    ah, yea he must've some how ticked the precise cursor option, thanks a million DoodLS

Gallery
    View images
    On this same note... I finally figured out how to select and deselect the "precise" cursor but when I move outside the image/painting -- (such as to go over to the palate or the tools or the other program options or menus)

my cursor is a nearly invisible weensy DOT.

I can't see what I'm selecting or if I'm heading my mouse or pen in the right direction... I can only see the cursor when I'm in my painting.

help!

Gallery
    View images
    My cursor is a small dot as well. I believe that is what itīs supposed to be.

When I first opened ArtRage to play around, it took some adjusting to find the cursor. Now itīs not a problem--actually itīs great that it doesnīt detract from things.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Gallery
    View images
    If the computer is using Windows Vista or has Microsoft's Ink Services installed, the cursor will appear as a small dot when over ArtRage's menus and panels specifically. This can be changed by adding a file called 'no_ink.inf' to the Resources folder inside the ArtRage folder. Any type of file will do, only the file name is important.

What this does is to force ArtRage not to use Ink Services, which will make the cursor a pointer over the menus again. Just thought I'd mention that for people who don't like the dot cursor over the menus on Windows Vista.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for that Dave. Iīll stick with my Vista and the small dot.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Gallery
    View images
    I believe the type of file might be important as i have tried emtpy txt documents and image files with the name no_ink.inf and i did not view any change in cursor

Gallery
    View images

Question

the no_ink.inf file works great for cursor type but causes me to loose pressure sensitivity, any way i can have both?
    i'm on vista sp1 with n-trig (hp Touchsmart tx2)