ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Some Questions about ArtRage 2.5 Plus

Some Questions about ArtRage 2.5 Plus

Hi all,

I recently got a Wacom Bamboo 4x6, and I'm also considering getting ArtRage 2.5 Plus.

I was just wondering if someone could give me a little more info about what those videos and tutorials cover?

Are they general drawing tutorials, or specific to features of the program?

Thanks,

LC

EDIT: Sorry for the grammar, I think it was kind of late when I posted this... :?

Hi LC!

For the tutorials, the ArtRage Plus CD contains the quickstart guide, a caricature and a colouring tutorial in pdf format by Hanzz here on the forums. You can download the quickstart guide separately in html format if you would like to from our tutorials page www.artrage.com/artragetutorials.html

The videos are timelapse painting sequences for 3 different subjects, a dragon, a chinese style tiger and a a painting of a girl, similar to this sort of video - http://youtube.com/watch?v=Id03cFfRq8A . Two of the artists provided some basic comments about their paintings in html format. They're not 'how to' or instructional videos but we thought we'd include some of the paintings we'd seen done that show the process in brief.

The CD also includes 16 extra stencils and 21 tracing images

If you decide to purchase the download version, you're still getting the same version of the ArtRage software, with the same features. You can still download tutorials online, watch painting videos on sites like youtube, get stencils here from the forums and so on.

The main advantage of the Plus version is that you get a physical product, you have the installer on a CD, and a paper manual. The download version comes with this manual in digital format ( pdf ) accessible from the help menu.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage
    Hi LC!

For the tutorials, the ArtRage Plus CD contains the quickstart guide, a caricature and a colouring tutorial in pdf format by Hanzz here on the forums. You can download the quickstart guide separately in html format if you would like to from our tutorials page

The videos are timelapse painting sequences for 3 different subjects, a dragon, a chinese style tiger and a a painting of a girl, similar to this sort of video - . Two of the artists provided some basic comments about their paintings in html format. They're not 'how to' or instructional videos but we thought we'd include some of the paintings we'd seen done that show the process in brief.

The CD also includes 16 extra stencils and 21 tracing images

If you decide to purchase the download version, you're still getting the same version of the ArtRage software, with the same features. You can still download tutorials online, watch painting videos on sites like youtube, get stencils here from the forums and so on.

The main advantage of the Plus version is that you get a physical product, you have the installer on a CD, and a paper manual. The download version comes with this manual in digital format ( pdf ) accessible from the help menu.
    Sounds good. I always prefer to get a physical product anyway. I don't like this move to download only a lot of companies seem to be taking...

Thanks,

LC

EDIT: I'm also not familiar with Kagi; what is the advantage of them over say PayPal or something?

I would assume they're trustworthy, otherwise you wouldn't be in business still!

Kagi are an online store company and reseller for ArtRage, used by a number of software companies to securely process payments for their products.

You can use Paypal if you prefer to, they accept that among a range of other types of payment. Just select it from the payment options when you purchase ArtRage. Hope that helps!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage
    Kagi are an online store company and reseller for ArtRage, used by a number of software companies to securely process payments for their products.

You can use Paypal if you prefer to, they accept that among a range of other types of payment. Just select it from the payment options when you purchase ArtRage. Hope that helps!
    Thanks for the info!

Kagi sucks

But Kagi sucks!

Yes, you can pay with Paypal, but without a special tax number
    (which to own generates an inadequate high administration effort
    and costs for small companies) you can't get your VAT back, when
    you live in the EU and buy something at Kagi.

At least I learnt not to buy something really expensive at/over Kagi,
    because I would lose the complete VAT.
    Kunst muss nicht immer kompliziert sein!

Ive purchased several programs using Kagi and never had a problem. As to getting your VAT back? Its a US$25 program, so how much are we talking about? Just an observation.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.