ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Updates not updating!!

Updates not updating!!

I purchased Artrage2 along with my Bamboo Wacom Tablet some time ago. I have tried (unsuccessfully) to install updates, and am now up to here with frustration as the lack of success I have had! Now, the installer is fine, its just the updater thing itself....it doesn't recognise my own copy of Artrage2. I have the registration key - its a legit copy that came with the tablet.

So why doesn't it recognise my version???

Please help guys....its affecting my enjoyment of the product!

Cheers,

Clara G.

P.S. - I have un-installed it twice and reinstalled it both times with success. but it just won't allow me to update the newer versions.

Hi Clara,
    What version of Artrage came bundled with the Wacom?
    Sometimes it is just a matter of downloading the driver from Wacom that matches the new release of software.
    Most bundled softwares are not upgradeable for free.
    If it is different for the Bamboo, I am not aware of it.
    Tech support will be along shortly.

Hello there! Thanks for replying.

Its ArtRage2 that came with my Bamboo (Fun) Wacom , and on the disc it says..."Pen Tablet Driver v. 5.03 Windows & Mac."

I have a MacBook, and use Firefox.

I do appreciate that some upgrades aren't free....but why isn't it even recognising my original PAID FOR version of ArtRage2??

I can't even get the stencil option.

Here is the link I have to upgrade. Wacom edition upgrade.
    That is all I know. Sorry I can't help you more. It is a weekend too.
    Shucks.

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...pic.php?t=9947

and then I also saw this:

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...pic.php?t=4690

Also I understand the latest driver for Wacom is 5.05-3

Is that what you have?
    I found that out in the tech support thread here:
    http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ic.php?t=10080

Hello gzairborne You are SUCH a sweetie for helping me with this!

I clicked on the first link you gave me, and filled out the required info. The second link related to Windows, mostly, so I never bothered with that.

I hope I can get this resolved soon, otherwise I'm gonna start being very grumpy :evil: lol, lol.

Maybe my Bamboo Driver might be contributing to this too, as its v.5.03, and you said the latest was 5.05.3 ........... :cry:

Anyway, yes, its the weekend so I hope Techy people get in touch with me during the week.

Thank you for your help, *hugs*

May great art fall freely from your pen!!

Clara G x

Hi Clara!

If you're having any problems updating at all, you can go to our support page here www.artrage.com/ar2support.html and click the top question then enter your details in order to download the latest installer for ArtRage which you can install right away.

After you've done that, make sure you're running "ArtRage 2.5" from your Applications folder, you should be up and running with the latest version!

Let me know if you have any problems though and I'll help you through it.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

DaveRage - Thank you!! Its a similar link to the one Gzairborne gave me, and I got the message, installed ArtRage2.5 with no problems at all!

Thanks to both of you for all your help - I am now painting away merrily (with stencils and everything!)

Life is good!

Clara G xx

Fantastic, glad that helped!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design