ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WIP View from the 39th floor

WIP View from the 39th floor

This is a view from my office. I still need to flesh-out the details.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

You did a great work on this so far, Jim! I like it, no absolute photorealism and still very concrete and "real"!!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

A dry view that many share no doubt.

It gives no indication of the nature of your job, or the accouterments in that space.

This uses the plant as the metaphor for isolation and a solitary. Color amidst grays. We're in a concrete 3 dimensional maze, with one plant so out of place, so incapable of movement on its own, the poor thing is marooned.

It's like a bird in a cage, or a futuristic creature that might as well be on a spaceship traveling the vast reaches between worlds.

Interesting philosophical comment on modern white collar life in the city.

Nice.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

That is a beauty Jim. I love the composition and the color scheme and the touch of irony. I was impressed with how the light streaming in reveals a myriad of colors in the wall. Sort of goes along with the overall theme Mr. Akey pointed out. Almost a yearning to be outside where it is natural and full of life. There is something very unnatural about office dwelling. Great job.

I, too, find it interesting for what it suggests. The blurred upper right portion is super--like no one ever cleans windows on the upper floors :wink:
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Appreciate your comments and analysis. I'm still woring on the details and trying to come up with a good composition. I'm posting two updates below. One with a chair and one without. Which seems to fit best?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I like the chair. Gives it more of a sense of place I think.

Very nice angle and detail painted. I like the one without the chair. :roll:

Galena, Kansas, USA (Southeast corner of the state)
    Voting for the chair.... I think it balances out the picture. Good work.

It really needs an office guy, in a white shirt and tie, studying something intently. . . I mean since we're voting, I vote for employment.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream