ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fontains

fontains

In my opinion this work is too advanced now to be posted in the "work in progress" section, but I'm pretty sure I'll still retouch it...

If you have suggestion to make this painting better, please let me know. If you notice obvious mistakes (proportions), let me know too :P
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fontaines_338.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	14142  

also any comment may be appreciated

Looks finished to me. It speaks to me from half a century past.

It's very well done and "fresh" and I wouldn't overwork on it since there's an overall balance thus it seems finished. 8)
    If anything should be said, my personal sudden impressions is that the promontory behind appears too neatly contoured, in particular in its separation from the sea and it seems a bit superimposed.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

It's very well done and "fresh" and I wouldn't overwork on it since there's an overall balance thus it seems finished. 8)
    If anything should be said, my personal sudden impressions is that the promontory behind appears too neatly contoured, in particular in its separation from the sea and it seems a bit superimposed.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Stunning and gorgeous just as it is. Beautiful work.

I would have to say that the finish isn't the part that catches my attention. I would say it was the pose being ambiguous, particularly around the cocked leg. My mind can figure it out, but I don't want to have to rationalize it.

To me the lower leg mysteriously begins up around her hip and comes down at a diagonal, without connection to the body. I would suggest making the connection to the body (i.e. it would be well to indicate the thigh). And when it gets to the ankle, I would change the plane of the foot to show that it's not just more leg.

When you are posing a model. or picking a photo for reference, you want to look for things like this, so that you can avoid particularly ambiguous bits.

Show off the form in a way that shows off the form. Think dancers and their poses. They design poses for beauty or expression, and they don't make the poses optical illusions unless they are doing a dance about optical illusions.

You have a lot going for you. You have a good eye. Just that when you were looking at this photo reference, you were probably looking at it for the head and attitude primarily. And you weren't looking for problems. But that happens sometimes. You're not alone in that.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thank you all. Glad to see you're seeing mistakes I didn't notice...

Especially thank to D Akey. I've started with a photo for reference, but the result is finally very different from the photo (be sure, the model is far more gorgeous on the photo). I've changed the pose of the model a little bite, but it has induce some problems...

I'm working at retouching my painting now :P (I don't forget the promontory...)

i hope i'm not to bold to say this ...it's the photographer coming out

on the painting it's great, strong colour

a note about composition, try not to get to centered ( the subject splits the image in almost two equal parts.

i've posted 2 idea's about different layouts of the image

1. focus on the subject more ( the girl ) a vertical image

2. is using more of the surrounding background, keeping the left side so the viewer is visually sent back into the image with a "psychological line"

it is all up to the artist what to use, add or subtract to the image.

i hope you don't mind my editing your image to show you what i mean.

Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images   

i hope you don't mind my editing your image to show you what i mean.
    no problem Steve! People may even retouch them to show me their idea : I would be pleased

'Zephon 2' looks actually better : thank you a lot
    I'm not a good photographer but I understand (and appreciate) your improvement.