Thread: Spring

Gallery
    View images

Spring

This is my first painting.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    ahhhhh too small to really critique. I like it though. Is it fair to say its cute?

Gallery
    View images
    yes, ofcourse you can say it's cute! I use this for the first time, and I am not good in drawning, so I won't be making good paintings. But I like it, and I hope I can learn from other people. I like paintings from grandma moses and so, and that' what I try to do. Ofcourse I can 't paint so good like she, but I like her style. Her paintings are is happy, colorfull, and simpel, and I like that. So can you give me advice. Sorry about my english I'm not good about that to. ops:

Gallery
    View images
    I like it too.

Have a good time with it. That's all the advice I have. And you can make the pics a bit bigger unless you're doing miniatures.

I like Grandma Moses too. She was probably was/would have been surprised that she became so famous. She just painted for the sheer joy of it. Perhaps we can all be inspired by her in that as well.

Welcome!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Gallery
    View images
    It's a delicious and fresh miniature, so I'm absolutely sure You'll soon exploit in many interesting ways AR possibilities!
    I looked at the Grandma Moses, so I had the opportunity to learn of her. Thanks!
    According to the classification we have here (overseas as You say perhaps), she's apparently a "naif style" painter, with no implied offence on the term (You never know), and a very good one indeed.
    The most famous case of a superb self-taught artist was the Douanier (customs officer) Rousseau; in Italy we had Antonio Ligabue (comparable top level in my view), a sort of Van Gogh type psychologically speaking.
    I would invite You to see paintings of both of them, should You not have done as yet!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Gallery
    View images
    You bet that is great to see you painting. I have an online friend who makes a living doing small little impression landscapes. It's a great little blog to visit to see what can be done in a small format. I love her work.
    I added a link to her blog:

http://small-impressions.blogspot.com/

Welcome!

Gallery
    View images
    Thank you all for your support.
    I have problem for painting trees, any suggestions please?

Gallery
    View images
    Check out the Tutorial Central thread in the Tips and Tricks forum. There's tutorial by Tinzo on painting trees. Lots of other good stuff too. Yeah, like D Akey says: just have fun with it. Nothing wrong with this image for sure ... keep at it and you may well surprise yourself.