ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: new to artrage

Gallery
    View images

new to artrage

Hi,

I should have made a mistake my first post is lost...

So i'm new to the boeard and to artrage.
    I'm looking for a program witch will let me feel comfortable to improve my beginner's capacity.

But before buying the program I would like you're advice.

IS it possible to make smooth things with artrage or is it a program created to make only 'textured' paintings.

My english is not great so I'll try to explain by example :

What is smooth for me :

(oups I try to post link but I'm not allowed to do it yet... I hope you'll see what i mean)

Thanks for your answers

Gallery
    View images
    Hello TheDrakoon,

Yes, ArtRage can produce a "smooth" product. One can turn off the lighting effects (which produces the "textures" of the paint and "grains" of the canvas) which will allow for a smooth appearance. You can further the effect by using the "Cell" preset for the canvas.

The images I've attached below show the same brush strokes with and without lighting to give you a better idea of how it looks with the lighting off.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for your answer.
    that's exactly what I was looking for.

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for the answer and examples, Someonesane!

TheDrakoon - If you'd like to have a play with ArtRage, you can also download the Starter Edition for free from www.artrage.com/artragedown.html which will give you a basic feel for the paint and a number of the other tools.

Also, if you'd like to post an image when you're new, you can still do so by using the instructions here - http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12
    I hope that helps, welcome to the forums!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage
    Thanks for the answer and examples, Someonesane!
    No problem.

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks Daverage.

I got the free version of artrage but as some stuff is locked (enabled in full version) I have to ask some little things.

For example I haven't seen a way to select a part of a layer.
    I used photoshop, the gimp, seashore so maybe there is no such things in artrage but another way to do the same things.

(I'm totaly aware that artrage is not another photoshop ^^)

Gallery
    View images
    Hello again TheDrakoon,

You're right about the "selection" option. That's something artrage doesn't have at the moment. Some users have suggested the idea in the suggestion forum, so maybe we'll get something like it in ArtRage3 (but to know for sure you'll have to wait for one of the Rage crew to get back to you). Until then though, I've worked around it by duplicating the layer I was working on, then simply erased what wasn't needed (you can move, scale, and rotate a single layer also).