ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: oil paint palette

Gallery
    View images

oil paint palette

It would be nice to have a palette that has all of the standard oil paint colors
    that you can choose from, such as Phathlo Blue, Alizarin Crimson, Burnt Umber, etc.

Just like you were squeezing the paint out of a tube onto your palette.
    I suppose it could just be a Custom Color Picker image.
    Is something like this available?
    If not, it would be nice if you included it with ArtRage.

Thanks for a great program and making the demo free.

Gallery
    View images
    :lol: no need for a paint palette - just open a new dedicated layer to mix on, and put the chosen colours on the colour swatch on the right edge . If you want , start a new one, also save it to disk if you get a good colour selection.

Think Simple.

Gallery
    View images
    I think he meant it so that you can select the right color corresponding to the real paint. I suppose there is somewhere a guide giving RGB values for standard painting colors. However since the colors don't mix exactly as in real painting it wouldn't be very useful to use them.

Gallery
    View images
    Well actually what I'm saying is if you want to mix a new paint colour (rather than selecting from the colour panel), then you could do the mixing pallet on a new layer ... i was really suggesting a solution for Willem who asked for a dedicated pallet, for me it's OK to hunt for a colour on the colour selector.

With AR it's so "analogue" there's always a way round any problem (often several)

"Think Simple"

Denn :wink:

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by Netdevil
    I think he meant it so that you can select the right color corresponding to the real paint. I suppose there is somewhere a guide giving RGB values for standard painting colors. However since the colors don't mix exactly as in real painting it wouldn't be very useful to use them.
    Unfortunately, a list of RGB to names ("Burnt Sienna: R### G### B###") probably hits too many proprietary/copyright/trademark issues. This is why Pantone color number guides rarely appear in software-- to include them requires royalties paid to Pantone.

One way that software can get around this limitation is to simply allow an external text file to define these lists of names to colors, and to not include any "official" color name sets. Then the user community can pretty much trade around their own approximations of Pantone or Speedball or Pelikan or Crayola or other familiar brand shades on an informal non-commercial basis.
    --
    [ e d @ h a l l e y . c c ] Japanese-themed tees and gifts