Gallery
    View images

How does Artrage compare with other apps. Newbie

Hello everyone,
    I'm in the process of looking to buy one of the following:
    ArtRage 2
    Corel Painter X
    Corel Painter Essentials 4

The cost factor is an issue but I'm willing to spend a little more if it's worth it.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. I plan to use it with a Wacom Intuos3 6x8 tablet.
    Thank you

Gallery
    View images

Re: How does Artrage compare with other apps. Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by bmc858
    Hello everyone,
    I'm in the process of looking to buy one of the following:
    ArtRage 2
    Corel Painter X
    Corel Painter Essentials 4

The cost factor is an issue but I'm willing to spend a little more if it's worth it.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. I plan to use it with a Wacom Intuos3 6x8 tablet.
    Thank you
    Only you can decide what's best for you. All three software programs have demo versions, download them and have some fun seeing what they can do. Then you'll know which one you like! :-)

Gallery
    View images
    You could also consider buying a drawing tablet. Mine came bundled with
    Painter Essesntials and Photoshop Elements. Of course the best bargain
    on the planet is 25 bucks for Artrage.

Gallery
    View images
    Ive looked at the other programs you mentioned and lurked around some forums related to them. They may be more powerful than ArtRage (as well as much more expensive), but with ArtRage you will be up and running much faster, I think. I just bought AR a few days ago, and it took no time to work through the manual and the various tutorials. Very straightforward. For what its worth.

Gallery
    View images
    Hi bmc858 newbie,

I bought a Wacom (at the time where it didn't come bundled with ArtRage). I too looked at the mentioned programs. Then I decided to take ArtRage for a spin - first downloaded the free edition. Loved it instantly and bought AR2 soon after - mostly because of the extreme low price. I figured - at that price I'll just have a go at it and then I can allways buy Painter or PhotoShop later on.

A year after I still use ArtRage and haven't had time to think about Painter yet...

Happy,
    DoodLS

Gallery
    View images
    Look at the art that has been posted on the forum.. Need I say more?
    Click Upper Right To Visit My Gallery

Gallery
    View images
    And if you look at Rick's latest work, I'm sure you will get an idea of the scope of work that can be accomplished with Art Rage.

I've downloaded the trial versions of some of the other programs mentioned. Because I am not always the brightest bulb I find them very difficult to use. Art Rage was a go from the start. I am still learning things that can be done with Art Rage that are very satisfying.

I think once you give Art Rage a try you will find a lot of pleasure in just letting yourself enjoy the creative process.

Gallery
    View images
    Welcome to the forums!

You might be interested in trying the ArtRage Starter Edition, as Improv was saying. While it doesn't have all the features of the Full Edition, it can give you a good basic feel for how the software feels and works. You can download it here:

http://www.artrage.com/artragedown.html

If you have any questions, you're more than welcome to ask on the forums or email me directly at support@artrage.com as well, that's never a problem.

Also, if you're considering a more expensive program, one of the good things about ArtRage we think, is that you can pick it up for very little money and have the advantages of the benefits of both programs
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Well, I've decided to go with ArtRage.
    I just want to thank everyone who responded to my question.
    Thanks again.