ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Paintroller bug in version 2.5.20

Gallery
    View images

Paintroller bug in version 2.5.20

Hi there,

I have updated ArtRage to version 2.5.20 and the paint roller bug still exists.

I'm uploading a screenshot with the tool values and how to reproduce the bug.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    The roller bug fix in 2.5.20 didn't relate to the problem you illustrated. However, I am unable to replicate this problem when I try here. Can you let me know whether you're using a mouse or graphics tablet?
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Gallery
    View images
    I think my first screenshot is a bit misleading.

Drawing with either mouse or tablet gives the same result.

I've found an easier way to reproduce the "bug": just draw with the roller in a circular motion, painting over an already painted area when you are about to do a full circle. I'm uploading another screenshot to illustrate better.

I observed that this happens only when the loading setting is at least 6%.

I just recently bought ArtRage, maybe it isn't a bug, but the way the program calculates how much tint the roller absorbs from the canvas. If that's the case, I think its really odd that the roller can paint infinitely if you keep painting in a circular motion.

So, it's a bug or it's the way the roller tool works? :?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for the info!

Basically, what's happening is as you loop the roller over the previous stroke it's picking up paint again which extends the amount of paint loaded on the roller. However it appears that it's doing that a bit excessively as if you keep looping over and over itself then draw out a long straight line it takes a very long time to run out ( progressively longer the more times it's looped over itself )

I managed to get a similar behaviour at smaller loading values than 6%, but I had to tighten up the loops a great deal. As that does appear to be a bug with roller loading in this situation ( low loading coupled with low pressure and a small roller size with a stroke which intersects itself repeatedly ), I've taken a note of this for us to look at for the future.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Ok, thank you.