Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A juicy pair, an eternal rose and the wild bunch ;)

Belvrog....no probs .........I welcome constructive critism.......I try and bear it mind when i paint the next picture.......I think i will leave it....since i put lots of time into it .
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

Excellent Enchanter........

Thanks Bumble......I think your rose is still brilliant
    Enchanter
    My artist friend

Simply amazing stuff E.

All - around awesome ^_^ I think you definitely succeeded in getting that "painterly realism" you were looking for.
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away."

-- Henry David Thoreau

Perfect painting. 8)

Wow.

Nice demo.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Woah that's cool!
    One crit tho, you have these nice sharp shadows under the larger fruits but the grape casts none - you might want to add castshadows on the right to tie the image together a bit more.
    Also ... on the pears, you could add a hint of a sharp edge were shdow meets light,near the center of the mass. It is very apparent on the reference you used and helps making the fruit rendering coherent with the general lighting (top down), kindof defining the 'B' profile of the fuit since light hits it twice - one time at the top, one time at middle height. I know I'm not very clear ... I can make a quick mockup/paintover if you want. I like to call that effect the 'butt dimple trick' if you see what I mean :P

Really a stunning beauty!
    Last edited by screenpainter; 11-24-2009 at 01:23 AM.

gzairborne : thankyou for looking

pior: Thankyou for your comments.......there is a shadow under the grapes but i guess i didnt extend it enough.........thanks for the paintover offer but i think i will leave the painting and think about doing another one i saw your website.fantastic stuff

D Akey : Dear Dakey.....hope you are well..thankyou......i welcomed your observations if the WIP section........but i think i will use your comments for future still lives

Levent Suberk: thankyou .good to see you......have you had anytime to paint?

Draco91: thankyou for looking

RobertSWade: thankyou for looking
    Enchanter
    My artist friend