ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Further clarification on "Frisket" posting...mea c

Gallery
    View images

Further clarification on "Frisket" posting...mea c

Mea Cupla...

After I posed the question about the additional of a frisket feature to ArtRage, I realised that what I was really looking for was not so much the traditional "film" frisket used in airbrushing (and other artidtic applications), but more of a liquid masking application. Some people call this liquid frisket (and, yes, this is used in airbrushing too). In any event, the availability of a digital tool to apply this to work-in-progress would be wonderful!
    My early question still applies: has this been dicussed before and, if so, what was the result?

With thanks,
    Opsimath

Gallery
    View images
    In ArtRage 2.5 Full edition you can paint to a layer, then select the option to convert that layer to a frisket. (If you set your layer opacity to 50% and use red paint, it's exactly like using 'quick mask' mode in Photoshop).
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images

Response from Opsimath

Okay...that does it, you're making it just too inticing. I'm buying Artrage tonight.

All the best,
    Opsimath