ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My toon character...

My toon character...

Mostly done in ArtRage with the exception of the background done in PhotoShop. (I got to stop doing that!) :?

She is a character from a cartoon series I am developing and she came out great...

I know it has been a while since I put something in the gallery so I blamed it on my day job.

I like the reference photo feature for developing character designs. I grab a picture of a real linx to get an idea on her color scheme. It really helped keeping all my resources in one place.

Mostly use the magic marker and airbrush to ink and paint.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

cool kitty !

Very cool kitty!
    I like the style. Very cute.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

That's fantastic. Will your cartoon series be aired online? On TV? On DVD? The varying thickness of the outline strokes is really nice, love the highlights, and the dramatic colour contrast of the green eyes - bam! Wow. Very captivating.

- Gita

That's some really fine linework you got there, Jose. VERY nice design also.
    I'm a fan...

Dickie

Actually she may be part of a cartoon strip I am developing. Not sure yet. I have done strips for newspapers and on-line comics before. I like doing the thick and thin line since I used the old ink/brush method a while back. It gives my stuff a classical toon look. I like Anime but I always go back to my personal style. Whatever the client wants I suppose.

A few people are waiting for me to do some Anime.

Now that the World Soccer Cup is underway, I might tone her down into a Soccer Logo. DOn't know for which team though.

lol

Hi, love the cartoon cat, very smart and professional.Nice work indeed. What about the USA soccer team, or the England team, we could do with all the support we can get. Regards,Tony

Well I always figure the Linx would be a South American Logo. Here is hoping for USA. Thye need this one. I have yet to check on England. A lot of good teams out there.

Jose: Is your avatar one of your characters? I dig the design a LOT. Oh, and do you have a webpage with your work?

Dickie

turtlemock-love little Linx girl shes great-its fantastic how you made her stripes stand out so vibrantly and i love the illustartion style you used for her.

Selby
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~