Thread: My first short animation (iclone)

Gallery
    View images

My first short animation (iclone)

i know i was away for awhile and i'll still trying to use artrage in texturing models in a 3d program.

i found iclone in Nov and since then i have made my first short

a light hearted comedy 3 mins long

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=BIrZ1CuKMpM

hope you enjoy

Steve

no artrage was not used ...but i'm still learning iclone but i hope the next one will be different

Gallery
    View images

second iclone and a new series i'm starting Amdo

i'm starting a new series Amdo

i just posted scene 1

hope you enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqgnPvCwaso

Steve

Gallery
    View images
    Dear Stinkyu111, ahw, that's so cute! animation must be really fun!!! good job!

Gallery
    View images
    thanks Lee

was really fun to make

Steve

Gallery
    View images
    I'll bet these were great learning experiences. Very ambitious.

The mechanical issues like timing will come over time. The hockey one played slow. If you sharpened up the dialog and moved it faster it would work better for ya.

I could tell you were getting better as you progressed. The second one -- overall you got some pretty good movement, barring the "walking on ice" slippage. And I couldn't make out a key word after the "bird" passes overhead. But with the walking, you're in good company with that. Professional Saturday morning animation studios way back when had their moments with the feet matching the ground.

Great running. Really good.

But I was really getting into the second story. There were some pretty cool things going on with defining that character. A real page turner. You hooked me. I WANT MORE!!!

Congrats! I'm impressed. You have won a fan here.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for the comments.

yes the animation is not perfect ( think of southpark guys hopping around ) and i'm ok with that, it's a learning curve on that area.

i was watching Shawn Kelly an animation teacher at animation mentor, with his 15 years of animating "he's still learning".

i want to get better .. on the whole running in the 2nd (Amdo) i borrowed from the iclone set on motions ...i just had to get the character to move in 3d space ( the run and walk is on the spot ) i think walks and running is the hards thing to do right now.

one thing about iclone 2.5 is that the motion editor is alittle different then Animation Master, you can set the motion for each bone separate and iclone it's time line is the whole body is set ( not just each bone ) it's more work, hopefully that will change in July V3.0 iclone is coming out and states it's changed the motion editor ( can be done in the scene also )

as for Amdo's story ...That was scene 1 of 28 ( 2 pages of a 40 page script i wrote at the end of March )

i am still touching up the script as i move forward ...i use Artrage for pencil test of the scene layout ..camara angles. i finished scene 2 drawing yesterday ( 65 slides of image to image cuts with dialogue )

i have a week off ( vaction time ) coming up in 2 weeks May 5 and hope to dig in and work my movie magic.

I am the voices, the actor, the camera man, director and editor and i love it.

Scene 2 will set up more of the story WHY and WHO is Aachen Amdo.

Thanks for watching

Steve

Gallery
    View images
    I really liked the work you did on the second one. I think you should get a friend to do the voices though. The voice doesn't seem to be as cool as the story and the drawing elements. Just doesn't seem to match all that well.
    The art and animation was very cool to see. I thought you did a great job
    on the scenery and the animation.

Gallery
    View images
    thanks gzairborne

about the Aachen's voice ( the speech slur is me making that up, i think of him as my Daffy Duck ) ...it's that my main character is a weak push over and a happy go lucky guy. that's to be contrast to the other's voices. i know movies about good guy vs bad guys are over kill ...this one is hopefully a little more ...the Main character is pushed through the events not by his choice. but more about that when it's done

thanks for watching

Steve