Thread: Hall of Fame

Gallery
    View images

Hall of Fame

It would be great if there was a Hall of Fame thread that was pinned in the Gallery forum. In it you would find works that are of high quality to show that you can really use ArtRage to achieve results similar to non digital mediums. I was going to suggest a way for people to vote on individual pictures posted in the gallery but that might lead to problems. It's not so much how great of an artist someone is but how similar the level of detail their artwork contains is to non digital creations. Some of the sketches and paintings I've seen are incredible and really show what you can do with the program if your capable.

Gallery
    View images
    Ambient used to have a Gallery on the web page that had particulary strong examples of work created in AR. They now spotlight a few works on the main AR page, but not a collection.

Perhaps reinstatement of the gallery would be a means of achieving this. I wouild vote for not voting -- let the AR folks choose.

D.

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Guys,

I'm not sure how it would work, but, since you posted this, I had to point someone towards Waheed Nazir. It wasn't easy to do.

For me he is the best of the best and copies of all his posted paintings need to be grouped somewhere on the Forum.

(There are many others in that category, but Waheed's name came up in another posting.)

The Ambient team make good choices for their home and sales pages, and those choices could be grouped here as well.. I don't want to vote on what should be there. The forum is so big now I will miss new stuff.
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.

Gallery
    View images
    I've always wished for a way to create a "dynamic gallery" of all the pictures a user has posted. If you like someone's work, or some one references another person, it would let you find all their images.

D.

Gallery
    View images
    The board code could be modified and there could be a specific way a user uses the gallery to post pictures which will automatically feed them to a true gallery type feature that might be accessible from the main page which would just display all images attached in that forum and could be sorted by author, views, ratings and a hall of fame that could have pictures added to it by admins tagging images in the gallery.