Thread: Frankie-boy Web comic

Frankie-boy Web comic

Hi, it has been a while since I've posted here but this should be the start of more regular posts. I'm even going to return to my unfinished painting of Don Quixote at some point.

I've taken an illustration I did in Artrage last year and modified the Frankenstein character from it to be part of a comic I'm working on. The comic will be a rather weird amalgam of fictional and historical characters.
    I'll be posting some of the pages (minus dialogue) on my blog.

The line work is all hand drawn and scanned. The monochromatic painting for the whole comic is all being done in Artrage. I'm trying to recreate the 'feel' of the black and white horror comics of the 70s.

The original (non Artrage) drawings are on my blog if anyone's interested.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    Mark Twain

Gallery
    View images
    Incrediblly convoluted drawing style with an amazing degree of detail.

Gallery
    View images
    70s horror comics? Some of my favorite drawing styles in B&W. They were still drawing well back then.

I like the rosary. Makes it feel like he has good guy potential.

I would recommend that you focus a little more on the light and dark pattern that is secondary to the outline. Clarity of the visual read will suit your ends, I'm sure.

I like the volume of the guy -- he feels huge and solid.

Good one. Nice to see you back.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Gallery
    View images
    Great job! Amazing detail.

Thaks guys, much appreciated.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    Mark Twain