ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Next Paintings

Next Paintings

These are the three ideas I would develop, DA (and any one interested chasing them in these secret Sections :lol: ).
    Two of them are Greek Mithology and each one would be completed with a different technique. I hope there's no major mistake in their structure.
    No reference or painter to inspire to again (sorry).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	danae_and_the_golden_rainreduced_445.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	13445   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jealousy_hercules_rescuing_deianira_from_nessusreduced_570.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	104.5 KB 
ID:	13446   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	expectations_191.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	242.5 KB 
ID:	13447  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

A progress and an addition.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deianira_nessus_and_hercules_908.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	174.9 KB 
ID:	13467   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sgiorgio_566.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	13468  

Cool. Ambitious.

I think the one with all the girls with the skull emerging with the hour glass is saying to the women they best get their coffees. The soap opera Days of Our Lives is on.

I like the quick movement you are showing with your exploration of subjects and compositions and so forth. You don't have to finish them all if you don't want

But as a compositional exercise you might also try just quickly and loosely and tonally blocking in the picture with all the values in place. No worries about details, and it will give you lots of experience quickly in terms or arranging your canvas. No worries about expressions and perfection. And see how much story you can tell without anything else and how surprisingly complete it can look with only that. It's a good exercise, and may direct your compositional awareness to the essence of each painting, especially since you seem to be into the kind of image that is broad and staged and could be read from a distance that were done before cinematography and close ups.

Cool stuff. Keep going! I think many of these show a lot of new awareness to detail.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I got two formidable suggestions: the first to look for past masters to choose a style or get significant lessons and the second to take to a finished level of unfinished the sketches.
    I appreciate very much Your supportive comments and You're really an art "maitre penser" (do not have the right accent for maitre on the keyboard). :wink:
    The first one with the skull (You referred to) shows women actually representing the whole mankind in its contibuity always full of desires, expectations and waiting for ... each one with a different attitude for a different objective (since we were australopitheci or when we trasmit that to a new generation). Women represent the mankind because we start all as females I understood before Y chromosome starts changes. Moreover in Italian and other Latin-derived langages (French, Spanish, Portuguese etc.) the Skull-The Death is a feminine word too and is the "overarching waiting entity in this world"!!