ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: The desert

Galena, Kansas, USA (Southeast corner of the state)

The desert

Not much to say. I'm still practicing....if practice makes perfection. I'm going to have to give up sleeping!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	desert_2_806.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	13441  

Bright warm colours and a simple composition! Nice practising.
    i think there are to paths for practising. The first is experimenting and learning techniques and exercising Your visual synthesis capabilities and modeling of the subjects You prefer. This may be sometime a bit tedious. The other one is to enhance Your inner view to see what You want to represent. This may be sometime frustrating.
    It's a bit like training muscles and brain.
    The two become a magic source of great satisfaction once You can put them in place together with enough confidence. This is possible to everybody while perfection is possible to nobody.
    OK, enough philosophy and go on with Your talent! Best wishes!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Very hot!

I suddenly feel like I should check my gas gauge and get a cold drink.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Caesar, Thank you very much! Your insight is very welcome. And, D Akey, thank you also, we just returned from a trip through Arizona. The painted desert was awesome. But not too hot yet. LOL

A lot of good stuff happening here JD. Wonderfully intense colors for sure and some nice textures. I hope you'll continue to explore.

Thank you so much Robert, it's good to get positive encouragement. I've attempted painting and chauk works at several different stages of my life. But never had the courage to share them with many. So everyone here's kind words are great. Thanks again

I would hazard to guess that your attempts at various stages in your life to express yourself artistically were the outward manifestations of something inside you that is begging a creative outlet. The trick now is maybe to just trust your instincts and not worry about your short term output while you experiment with the "toolbox" that ArtRage has to offer. I have a feeling that over a short period you may well surprise yourself. In the mean time, I truely believe that you could not have found a more receptive, supportive, and encouraging community with which to share your creative journey. Please keep at it and share with us.

Which is a roundabout way of saying that I sense something in you.