ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Features I would like to see added to ArtRage

Gallery
    View images

Features I would like to see added to ArtRage

In addition to the features everyone else is requesting I would like to see these incorporated.

Add to tool palette
    -India ink pen with the ability to use various size points. Also the ability to save the settings to be recalled later.
    - Calligraphy Pen with the ability to use various size points and the ability to save the settings to be recalled later.
    -T-square with the ability to move it freely on the workspace.
    -More brush variants and the ability to save the settings

A ruler that can be rotated as need (not a stencil)
    Stencils - the ability to increase or decrease the size of the stencil in the workspace.

Templates - the ability to use templates that load into the workspace but does become a part of the canvas. Not a stencil, I really need to be able to use graph paper for some of my designs.

Cursor that can be changed enlarged, shrunk, or even change the shape.

Ability to load Tutorials into ArtRage so I can be looking at the tutorial while drawing or painting.

Ability to have the Resource folder anywhere that I choose with a link to it within ArtRage

Gallery
    View images
    Note that there are already rulers in ArtRage that can be rotated and positioned as needed.
    All stencils (and rulers) have three modes:
    Stencil mode: Simple masking
    Ruler Mode: The movement of your drawing tool is constrained by the edge of the stencil, and it also masks out your stroke.
    Guide Mode: Like the ruler mode, but with no masking - so your strokes follow the path around the edge of the stencil.

Stencils can be scaled, rotated, and moved around as necessary. You can either use the Scale/rotate/move tool buttons at the bottom of the ArtRage window, or you can use left-click in combination with <space> to move, <ctrl> to rotate, and <alt> to zoom.

For template overlays, you can either load them as a tracing paper, or you can load them into a new layer, and set the layer opacity down (probably with a 'multiply' layer blending mode) to overlay your work area.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Thank you, I did not figure this out, but will add it to my ArtRage notes to refer to in the future.