Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1st painting

Re: 1st painting

Nice way to jump in Scason. very genuine treatment of smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by scason
    Can one really learn how to paint with traditional material digitally? What I mean is , will the skills I learn with Artrage transfer to real paint?
    Yes and no. The basic manouvers of paint and texture of paper, use of line and principles of painting/drawing light and shade near and distant, composition and so forth will all translate to traditional media. The hitch is color mixing and behavior of materials, setup, cleanup. There are things about any of the traditional media that would be impossible-even ludicrous to try to imitate in the digital realm. These you must learn by experiencing them. The bright side is that they are also the things one can pick up very quickly. It doesnt' take long for example to realize that when using acrylic paints without extender (medium for delaying drying time) that a spray bottle capable of fine mist is an essential tool. The stuff you learn about actually making good art can all be learned in ArtRage.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Very Unique!
    Did you mean for it to be a Symbolism?
    The smoke almost seems to have a life of its own, with a human form going up into Smoke. Do you see it?

I did see the figure, but that was purely by accident. Only noticed it after the picture was done. If I had done it on purpose I probably would have tried for a skull in the smoke, lol. How would that do for symbolism?

Sean

scason... any more to share?

D.

Scason,

What a nice hyper realistic painting..

I like it very much..

Keep.... :wink:

Weeks

striking image.

What a great start to your new addiction! This piece is both beautiful and unique. And welcome to the forums, it is a real pleasure to have you here. Looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful work.

This program is an invaluable learning tool, in my opinion, and ArtRage is the closest to emulating natural media that I have found. I hope you have lots of fun learning about art and ArtRage!

I'm sorry Soul. this is a really old post from 2006 by an inactive member. I just thought it was such a cool image and I hadn't seen it before so thought I would share it. since I spent an afternoon going through the ambient spotlights just looking.

Then I couldn't help myself with the comment. My bad for bringing an old thread to the top... forgive me? please.

Oh!!! You see how well I pay attention; I didn't even notice the date lol.

It's too bad that we haven't seen more from the original artist; that is an interesting image, with a lot of potential behind it.

No need to apologize, I'm glad that you brought this painting out of the archives and dusted it off; I like it!

well said Soul baby