ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1st painting

1st painting

I'm new to the forum and this is my first painting with artrage. I swiped the idea from a image on the web but the rest is all me and a tablet PC. Please critique and comment. I am a beggining artist and need all the help I can get. Can one really learn how to paint with traditional material digitally? What I mean is , will the skills I learn with Artrage transfer to real paint? Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

jeepers Scanson nice one-what a kickoff in the ArtRage world -like it a lot

you asked
    Can one really learn how to paint with traditional material digitally? What I mean is , will the skills I learn with Artrage transfer to real paint?
    I say yes..many of them particularly treatment of light and textures and like all things you learn anywhere i think what you learn in ArtRage will inform all your other art(digital and non digital)..the things that will be different when you paint in the real world will be stuff like more setup packup time and mess, more physical space needed to paint, and no undo button

Selby

That's great first painting! Keep 'em coming!

D.

Re: 1st painting

Quote Originally Posted by scason
    Can one really learn how to paint with traditional material digitally? What I mean is , will the skills I learn with Artrage transfer to real paint?.
    Yes.

There are lots of ways to paint already, all with different techniques, advantages and limitations. They are not so forgiving or clever as ArtRage. Try buying a real canvas that will change color and texture after you've put the paint on!

The feedback you can get from this site comes in two flavours, technical and critical. The critical will improve your actual painting. That will help with any other method that you might try. You have some World class painters here.

What did I think of the painting?
    I think it was great! That was not an easy painting to do.
    Keep them coming!
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.

Welcome to the forums, Sean. What an excellent piece - you'd better stop calling yourself a beginner, you're making the rest of us look bad. =] Seriously, smoke isn't (imho) easy to make appear natural, and you've done a brilliant job of that. And you chose to go with one of those square matchsticks instead of the flat ones; the 3Dness of it and the burnt matchhead are so spot-on, I feel like I could reach out and grab it. Very cool, thanks for sharing.

- Gita

Fantastic. The flow and dynamics of the smoke is awesome. That's really very good!
    And welcome to the forum! I look forward to more of your work here.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Thank you everyone for your comments. I really appreciate the encouragement. I lucked out with this painting. It just fell together. I just want to improve with each picture. Thanks again.

Sean

Yeow, scary good! Welcome!

(There isn't some subliminal message in that smoke is there?)

sam

Excellent beginning of an ArtRage addiction. :lol: You know it doesn't take long to get hooked.
    Art is like an ill-trained Labrador retriever that drags you out into traffic. (Annie Dillard)

:shock: Wow that is amazing and beautiful to look at. Love the idea and your style, look forward to seeing more of yor work. Regards,tony