ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Just bought full version - weekend paintings

Gallery
    View images

Just bought full version - weekend paintings

I finally bought the full version of ArtRage and I had some fun with it this weekend!

The layers feature is great and I used it heavily on the gum chewer painting below. I am just concerned I will get too reliant on layers that and be unable to do without them when I try "real" painting. (My intent is to do some "real" world painting in addition to ArtRage after practicing for a while.)

If anyone has any suggestions or advice on any of these pics, please feel free to post it!

I have not used tracing images here. For that matter I have not tried the built-in reference image thing yet either.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Gallery
    View images

painting comments

Oh bummer... I didn't realize there was a size limit for the comments on the attached files. But you get the gist.

The gum chewer was mostly done without any reference, except for his teeth and right fist - these came from a comic book character I was thinking of copying before I took the painting in a new direction. The holes for eyes is a stolen idea, but I came up with having the flames behind the head resemble eyes, which I am pretty happy with.

Thanks for any suggestions on these!

Gallery
    View images
    The water and fire are uber cool in the gum chewer 8)
    How did you do the great purple background?
    You could try the airbrush to create the reflections and to make the eye shiney (see my quick attempt here: http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...pic.php?t=1105. Its a bit cartoony, but you get the idea )

I love the shadowy Kurt Cobain picture (Very neat writing, you need to change the C to K though :wink: ). I used to get called Kurt Cobain when I was at school many moons ago.

I like the bunny girl too Though I'd personally like to see it with a less in your face background colour

Gallery
    View images

purple background

The purple background was the simplest thing ever!

I just used a big fat roller and painted a wavy lines that partially overlap. The darker areas are where they overlap, the lighter areas are where there is just one layer of paint.

Gallery
    View images
    oh wow, dont change anything...theyre just right!

:lol:

Gallery
    View images
    Wow, three excellent illustrations.
    The gum chewer is great - I like dark humour like that.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    I love the Gum Chewer!!!! The style is wonderful. and I could tell that was Kurt without reading the name so you did good on the likeness. Thanks for sharing.

Sean

Gallery
    View images
    Yep, it absolutely looks like Kurt, no worries on that front. Three very different styles and three very cool pieces. I love them all, and would have a really hard time choosing a favourite from the three.

- Gita