ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help! my Wacom Intuos3 tablet has arived

Help! my Wacom Intuos3 tablet has arived

Hi Everyone,

I was so excited to finally receive my new Intuos3 Wacom tablet, all the way from the good ole US of A.
    The installation instructions tell me I first need to uninstall the existing Wacom graphire2 driver before I can proceed, and I have spent almost the entire day trying to do just that!
    I have trawled the Web for answers, emailed Wacom (they haven't yet responded), and been on several forums to find a clue.

I keep getting to the point in Windows Add & Remove Programs, where 'removing programs' is 'not responding'.
    Cant think why, or whatever I can do about it, but at this stage it looks like my costly new tablet is destined to become an ornament!

Aaaarrrrgh!
    Any insights will be much appreciated...
    Rowena.

Re: Help! my Wacom Intuos3 tablet has arived

Quote Originally Posted by Rowena
    The installation instructions tell me I first need to uninstall the existing Wacom graphire2 driver before I can proceed, and I have spent almost the entire day trying to do just that!
    I'm not at home right now, but from memory, if you go to the Start Menu, there should be an entry for Wacom. Click on it and there are only two or three listings. One of those uninstalls the driver properly by uninstalling the software AND cleaning out the registry entries for the driver. Then reboot your computer. You should then be able to install your new Intuos3 driver. Don't forget to get the latest driver from the wacom site.

Hope that helps, I'm writing this from memory right now.

Cheers

Improv

Hi Improv,

I checked under Start/all programs, but my cursor over the Wacom tablet icon only reveals user manual etc, no uninstall available. I even reinstalled old driver from disc to see if something was lurking there, but no go.
    Even in the disc menu does not list 'uninstall' anywhere.

I am completely stumped as how to get this off my registry.

Thanks for all help.
    Rowena.

Try using My Computer or Windows Explorer to find your existing Wacom folder then look for a file called uninstall or possibly unwise and run it.

Hi Rowena,

have you tried going into your control panel from the start menu -> Add/remove programs, and checking for "Wacom tablet" or similar. That's where it usually is on Windows.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage
    Hi Rowena,

have you tried going into your control panel from the start menu -> Add/remove programs, and checking for "Wacom tablet" or similar. That's where it usually is on Windows.
    She mentioned already doing that in her first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowena
    Hi Improv,

I checked under Start/all programs, but my cursor over the Wacom tablet icon only reveals user manual etc, no uninstall available. I even reinstalled old driver from disc to see if something was lurking there, but no go.
    Even in the disc menu does not list 'uninstall' anywhere.

I am completely stumped as how to get this off my registry.

Thanks for all help.
    Rowena.
    The file I was referring to is called "Tablet Preference File Utility" This would remove your custom settings for the driver/tablet. I was thinking that maybe your preferences had to be removed before removing the driver.

The only other thing I can think of is to go to the registry by using regedit. Do a search for all instances of Wacom and then for Graphire.

When you come to a match, delete it and F3 to continue the search.
    That should clean out most of the Wacom and Intuos entries in the registry. Then reboot, then install the new driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Improv
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage
    Hi Rowena,

She mentioned already doing that in her first post.
    Right you are. Not sure how I managed to miss that! Sorry Rowena!

If I'm reading it right and you're going into Add/Remove programs and it's ceasing to respond, you could also try starting up your system, closing down any background programs such as virus scanners, utilities and so on ( At the very least temporary closing items in your task tray down near the clock ), then seeing if you can then open and operate Add/Remove programs without having it hang up on you.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Control panel windows uninstall will not remove drivers or clean regestry.. Go to directory of Wacom and use their uninstall program that is in that directory.. That uninstall will clean you up..
    Click Upper Right To Visit My Gallery

The removal utility people are referring to appears to be "remove.exe" in the following location by default, to the best of my knowledge after checking around on the Wacom forums.

C:\program files\Tablet\Wacom\

Seemed to do the trick on a test machine here. Hope that's of some help
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design