PDA

View Full Version : First Post!

splotch
01-10-2008, 04:02 PM
Hello all,

I'm new to ArtRage although I did play around with the trial version for a bit.
Loving the software and having needed some help with a few log-in issues , I can safely say that the support seems to be as fine as the program (thanks David!)
Here is me first pastel effort done just recently,and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to reduce the number of white pixels that aren't paintable that you get when using the chalk/pastel brush? I was hoping to be able to paint some of them out on a seperate lower layer,but it didn't seem to work that well.I know that these are needed to help achieve the pastel look,but any advice on controlling the #'s would be great!

Thanks for looking...

Bumble
01-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Hi Splotch...wonderful painting..... :D :D You could try lessening the roughness of the paper.(just click on tools then, Layer options, then edit paper settings to change the roughness of the paper)

RobertSWade
01-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Also try increasing the pressure setting. Excellent image none the less. Hope we'll see more. :)

splotch
01-11-2008, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the tips guys, much appreciated. They both helped out (I am not yet used to additional options in the full version I guess).
I also have since found that painting or rolling on an under layer of a neutral colour helps . Even when you do have some pixels show through( which I do like) it isn't a harsh white.

Thnx!

Is_It
01-11-2008, 10:25 PM
it is a different style, tht s all! i like it a lot like this! so fresh

D Akey
01-11-2008, 10:39 PM
Very cool.

Welcome!

I think you'll like the full version.

:D :D :D

AndyRage
01-12-2008, 08:29 AM
If you want a stroke style that is more solid at the centre, but still has nice break-up at the edges you could try this:
Select the Marker Pen tool. Take the wetness down to zero. Select the 'Art Pen' option for a more opaque stroke. And set the softness down toward zero as well. You should probably take the pressure control down a bit as well to give you the ability to do a lighter stroke.

splotch
01-14-2008, 04:30 PM
I tried that out and it seems to what I was looking for.It still looks like pastel but the "empty "pixels are much easier to paint over.

Thanks Andy.