PDA

View Full Version : "What can you paint in 30 minutes thread"

Pages : 1 [2] 3

hmfc
03-22-2007, 05:28 AM
First time poster........... please go easy on me, as i've only had Artrage for about a week and still learning :)
It took me about twenty minutes to come up with this and I admit, it's not very good. I thought lots before posting, as some of the art work on here is absolutely fantastic and didn't particularly want to embarrass myself, but eventually took the plunge and thought, 'it's the only way I'm going to learn'.
So here goes..............

Aged P
03-22-2007, 05:42 AM
Hi hmfc,

If in doubt, post!

Having been around here for over a year I am amazed at the progess people make using ArtRage.

Well meaning criticism. :D

The Swan's head is perfect but it's neck would broaden as it reached the body. I suspect if you filled that lower curve in on the right hand side that would fix it.

Where the Swan touches the water on the left hand side is great, but the right hand side has got a bit squared off. Just curve it slightly to match the left hand side.

You understand reflections well, the reflected neck may need a bit of change if you alter the real neck.

This was not just a nag, I think you're going to be good at this.

Phil

If you can't see what I mean I can tweak the painting and re-post it. But I really hate people doing that to my stuff without asking. :)

hmfc
03-22-2007, 06:00 AM
Hi hmfc,

If in doubt, post!

Having been around here for over a year I am amazed at the progess people make using ArtRage.

Well meaning criticism. :D

The Swan's head is perfect but it's neck would broaden as it reached the body. I suspect if you filled that lower curve in on the right hand side that would fix it.

Where the Swan touches the water on the left hand side is great, but the right hand side has got a bit squared off. Just curve it slightly to match the left hand side.

You understand reflections well, the reflected neck may need a bit of change if you alter the real neck.

This was not just a nag, I think you're going to be good at this.

Phil

If you can't see what I mean I can tweak the painting and re-post it. But I really hate people doing that to my stuff without asking. :)

Hi Phil
Thanks for your advice mate, much appreciated.
I think I get what you're telling me, but just to make sure, I'd be delighted if you could tweak the painting for me when you get a minute, so I can double check.
Cheers

Aged P
03-22-2007, 06:26 AM
Hi,

Tiny changes.

I also sneaked a highlight into his eye.

Phil

(Keep painting, a canvas a few oils and some brushes would have set you back £25. :D )

hmfc
03-22-2007, 06:48 AM
Gracias for that Phil.
The changes have made a clear difference, much obliged.
All I need to do now is store the info into the correct part of my brain and I'll have no excuses.

Keep painting, a canvas a few oils and some brushes would have set you back £25.

You're right......... and a swan to put in my bath for reference would cost me a fortune....... :lol:

Aged P
03-25-2007, 09:25 AM
I'll stop doing this now and let my eyes and brain recover. :D

No layers involved.

Phil

D Akey
03-25-2007, 09:56 AM
Celebrating the first four star chef in space with a meal on board the MIR space station. Is that green stuff foix gras?

Tubular, dude!

Looks like fun, P.

odemilson
04-10-2007, 04:34 PM
Hello everyone.

I'm a Graphic Designer and amateur illustrator from Brazil, just starting to discover the fun of the tablet.

When i subscribed to the forums, i've been here for a while, just looking at the folk's works and learning with them. So i had problems with my PC and stopped for a time... Now that i'm back, resolved start putting some stuff here so everyone can see...

This is my first post ever, and this is one of the first drawings i did with my tablet using artrage. Took a little less than 20 minutes. Nowadays, i'm using it as base for another studies on other techniques in artrage... this means the reptile maybe appears over here another time

------

"A bird that gets along with bats, must be prepared to found itself upside down in the morning"

Aged P
04-17-2007, 08:39 AM
Just day dreaming with the Palette Knife and Tube.

Phil

WolfNinja
05-03-2007, 12:12 PM
Just day dreaming with the Palette Knife and Tube.

Phil

That's cool. I like the orb-ness.

Here's what I made in 30 minutes.

pai
05-05-2007, 05:39 PM
playing with blending color in 30 min

TobiasRyen
06-01-2007, 11:29 AM
Hello.

I painted my painting in 27 minutes. It is a Dogfight sky-high between German Luftwaffe squadrons and British RAF squadrons.

Enjoy.

P.S: Filename is wrong written, it's supposed to be "Dogfight", not "Digfight." :roll:

Bobbi
06-03-2007, 03:34 PM
AgedP, fantastic picture. All these talented people posting on the forum. Makes me want to slink away. But I won't. ArtRage is too much fun.

Bobbi
06-03-2007, 03:48 PM
Aged that night scene is unbelievable. I love it.

Aged P
06-11-2007, 08:02 AM
Hi Bobbi,

I only just got back to painting here.
Thank you for your kind words.

As you like night scenes, I'll dedicate this one to you. :)

Phil

D Akey
06-11-2007, 09:10 AM
All wonderful. . .

Great dogfight, I feel the action.

and I like Pai's blending fantasy.

Advanced (Aged) P, nothing like role playing against the Danes to inspire such images, wot?

When I was playing, I was very active in drawing elements from the imagination. RPGing online was one of the most visual non-visual experiences.

Delightful stuff. And all the better since it was painted so quickly. Keeps it all pure fun.

Grubznug
06-12-2007, 01:50 PM
a relaxing painting done in about 20 mins. 8)

screenpainter
06-12-2007, 01:58 PM
This is my second try. First one went to After9. :D

pai
06-12-2007, 02:19 PM
Hi GZ, that's great one in 30 min. :D

Here's my 30 min of the day (actually i think it's less than..i didn't time it)

screenpainter
06-12-2007, 02:22 PM
Ya just had to make me look bad didn't you? :D :D :D
That is beautiful Pai.

pai
06-12-2007, 02:26 PM
:oops: no GZ..I really think yours is great in 30 min bcos I can't do those. The above one, I've tons of those...ha..ha. since I start AR...Yours has technique and mine really don't, just spontaneously.

screenpainter
06-12-2007, 02:30 PM
Well, still it is beautiful... and you should post it in the gallery.

RobertSWade
06-12-2007, 02:56 PM
He's right Pai, it's beautiful. Just because it's spontaneous doesn't mean it's not art. Beleve in yourself, you're a natural artist. Everyone here believes that except you.

screenpainter
06-12-2007, 03:22 PM
Okay, now I try a fast one. See not so good as you. You have a talent for it.

pai
06-12-2007, 03:55 PM
Hi Bob, that's a very nice of you. :D Thanks. But I'm not sure what's natural artist. I found the explanation on internet is: one with no knowledge of drawing. so here I'm.

Hey GZ,

That's nice. I saw two balloons up in a bright sunny day. :D

OK...now I'd given a try on yours. See, it's too funny one even I laugh. :lol: :lol: I can't do yours. (still within 30 mins)

screenpainter
06-20-2007, 12:39 AM
How did I miss this reply. Sorry. I went to bed I think. I think you are talented at whatever you touch Pai.

D Akey
06-20-2007, 07:19 AM
Hi Pai,

"Natural artist" is a real compliment. It means you are born with an artistic sense in you. It means that you would display quality even without training.

It means that you have a head start, whether it's a good eye, or a good sense of color, or design etc. Any or all of these qualities are implied by that broad statement.

-------------

As to the paintings, I really love the one that reminds me of a conception in RS085. 'Conception' has several meanings. It's that moment when life begins -- whether the life of a biological organism, or an idea, or painting.

And all those notions are what I get from your painting.

I particularly like the paintings you do that bring together all your artistic skills, where it shows more polish and a little more geometry as a design feature. Those pictures feel more finished to me. There are still many good things about all your work, but I think some look more tentative and experimental and less finished.

That's appropriate, considering many are exactly that -- experimental. But perhaps you have also some successfully finished pieces in there as well.

Those might suggest a finished look -- something to keep in mind when you begin hooking together what you are learning into your dominant, very personal, carved out, unique method that sets you apart. It's personal because all of it comes from your trial and error (and successes).

Hanging on to the stuff that works won't lock you in necessarily. But it will allow you to anchor one very solid approach that could serve you when and if you decide you want to paint specific things like people. You would be able to envision human form (for example) though the style you've been putting together.

On the other hand, you may want to lean toward total abstraction when you're dealing with concepts and feelings. That's cool too. But your continuity would lie in your approach. That's where Pai the artist would show herself in each of her paintings.

Excellent work.

You now have manifested good methods for doing the beginnings, the middles and the ends. This will likely evolve over time, but right now there seems to be plenty for you to work with.

:D :D :D

RobertSWade
06-20-2007, 08:56 AM
Thank you for weighing in DA. You said what I meant without being able to put it nearly as eloquently as you.

So there you have it Pai ... straight from our resident Art Professor. :)

pai
06-20-2007, 04:29 PM
Thank you GZ, D Akey and Bob for that nice compliment. Learning to accept them. :lol:

@D Akey

I really appreciate your comments and the insight of my paintings. That's a lot for me to digest every word you wrote. :) It's true that I've already felt getting more and more thinking in my head but need time to process them. Sometimes I felt sorry I couldn't write more to respond to you. Maybe I'll do that in my paintings. :)

Wikash
06-22-2007, 09:13 AM
I don't have time to watch every single artwork, but as far as I've seen, they're all great! :D

pai
07-26-2007, 08:37 PM
Thanks Andy for the ruler tip. It's really useful. Here's my try.

Tondy
07-27-2007, 04:52 AM
Thanks Andy for the ruler tip. It's really useful. Here's my try.

Wow. That screen looks so different than mine. What version are you using?

thor88
07-27-2007, 07:57 AM
This is my first post on the ar2 forums, so id like to say hi to everybody :D

total time : 23min

AndyRage
07-27-2007, 10:01 AM
Hi thor88, and welcome to the forums.
That's a great character, well drawn.
I look forward to seeing more of your work.

D Akey
07-27-2007, 10:12 AM
Cool!

Without the eyes he looks like a shaggy sheep dog turned human.

"Where's the wolf? Wolf! Wolf!"

Would make a good animated character.

I'd mind the width of the folded over top of the boots. What would they look like from the side? If you're trying to maintain the width of the folded over bit, that is.

There was a style of boot that the leather was actually higher to the front, I assume for negotiating dense vegetated areas, or to serve as protection to the front of the legs.

But these look like they might be the evenly folded over kind.

Nice drawing though. Very nice.

cryztalwing
07-29-2007, 07:09 AM
I made this one using ArtRage 1.1..

screenpainter
07-29-2007, 08:12 AM
That's really cute Cryztal. You should post it in the gallery. Really. Just click on the Gallery link and then click on New Topic. Put something in the subject line.
Like "My artrage painting." Or choose anything you want for subject.
Write your message just like you did here... "I made this one using...."

Then go through the Browse button process to find your picture on your computer. The same way you did here. Then click on Submit button and voila! you have posted your first pic in the gallery! Welcome to the forum.

D Akey
07-29-2007, 08:57 AM
Too cute -- that expression.

It's as if one of the smiley faces married a chihuahua, fox, bunny creature -- this would be their child.

I love it.

:lol:

shirly
07-30-2007, 04:55 AM
HI!!!!!
I HAVE MADE THIS PAINTING IN LESS THAN HALF N HOUR.....

bugfix
08-01-2007, 10:57 AM
done in less then 4 minutes ...

An old lady living in the house where I've had my very first flat. she was a kind of house keeper... or house dragon...

ÄlveKatt
08-01-2007, 10:58 AM
I made this one using ArtRage 1.1..

AAAH! It's a pokemon!

D Akey
08-01-2007, 12:40 PM
HI!!!!!
I HAVE MADE THIS PAINTING IN LESS THAN HALF N HOUR.....

Looks like an image of Vishnu in benign aspect. The blue and the shapes of the features portrayed say that to me.

Very nice line work. Very well done.

D Akey
08-01-2007, 12:43 PM
done in less then 4 minutes ...

An old lady living in the house where I've had my very first flat. she was a kind of house keeper... or house dragon...

Hahaha. Definitely communicates that feeling. Joyous image the way you made it so scathing. Wipe your feet.

RobertSWade
08-03-2007, 08:05 PM
:)

Caesar
08-04-2007, 05:41 AM
No comment. It's not worthwhile. Only a quick relaxing exercise.

D Akey
08-04-2007, 07:20 AM
Robert, nice image. Definitely in a good relationship - background to foreground.

I also like the paper shoeing through. Gives it a bit of a sparkle and keeps it feeling direct and spontaneous.

D Akey
08-04-2007, 07:23 AM
Caesar, nice. Looks like something that we would expect to see in the American west. I'm sure they have this look in Italy since Italy reminded me so much of the US in the vegetation and terrain.

Nice colors and the blurry quality is as if this were a vision in my mind, or I'm looking at it in your head rather than on my monitor.

Cool.

Caesar
08-06-2007, 09:07 AM
Thank You D Akey! It was only a mental exercise using colours to suggest a landscape and I'm sincere saying it's not wothhile.
I'm glad it reminds You some place in US. I'm sur imilarities exist between US, that is almost a continent with a great variety of environments and Italy having latitudes not dissimilar. Italy, on its turn, notwithstanding the limited size, has also a great variety of landascapes, but everything has quite a different scale and is lmost everywhere densely populated for a country which is mostly made of hills and mountains and only a true big plain in the north. So here You rarely feel lonely in a savage and hostile environment also because the sea, rivers and winds adverse conditions never produce heavy disasters. We have a very long coastline and two big island with incredibly nice lanscapes (many Sardinia shores, beaches, coasts and sea are among the best in the mediterranean and might compete with many tropical places), other places like Portofino and the Cinque Terre (near Genoa) or Amalfi or Capri etc. are absolute natural sea looking wonders. Our parks and mountains from north to south are not rarely various expressions of paradise. The Italian Alps have (in common with France and Switzerland) the highest tops in Europe and the Dolomite Group of the Italian Alps have perhaps many of the most beautiful mountain landscapes with the incredible colour of their rocks, the grass, woods and alpine lakes.... As You said in the past, our country was really blessed by God! We probably realised this since long time and tried to be somehow grateful and we answered with man made masterpieces. A great deal of them (temples, churches, paintings, statues et..) were thus dedicated to Divinities before, then to Him and his Saints.

pai
09-07-2007, 08:24 PM
Taking a break.

ginem_ginem
09-09-2007, 12:21 PM
Just a doodle...
I find it kinda funny...

screenpainter
09-09-2007, 12:34 PM
A splendid use of typography.
wow, you did this in 30 minutes... you are good.
Great job on the geezer and the concept.
Funny stuff.

D Akey
09-09-2007, 12:45 PM
Pai, you have some something remarkable on your break. It feels like an oil painting that is painted in thinly here and there, letting the toned canvas come through, and then you painted in opaquely with that bravura white line business.

Really smashing. Might be a good way for you to sneak up on a painting.

D Akey
09-09-2007, 12:52 PM
Master card. Don't leave home without it.

Who likes this one? All in favor, any eyes? Two. Alright, any nose? One. The eyes take it, by a nose. Or something. . .

screenpainter
09-09-2007, 01:50 PM
I scrolled too far, sorry I missed yours Pai.
It looks whimsical and etheral. Wonderful colors too. Amazing what you can do in 30 minutes... would take me hours.

pai
09-09-2007, 08:57 PM
Thanks D Akey and GZ. Get some fresh air in my mind from another painting.

pai
09-10-2007, 08:43 PM
Just tired and want a break again.

Orangeish
09-16-2007, 07:19 AM
imageMakes me think of paints washed off windowpane by driving rain. Except the crossing strokes on upper side, but I especially like them; suggesting bit of shape not yet distorted by water. Feels very calm; I really like this.

Apologies for posting two images. It is cheating but I was embarassed by quality of 30 minute sketch so cleaned it up a little and colored better. About 60 minutes.

Orangeish
09-22-2007, 03:35 PM
Wow, I killed this thread I think.

Here is making sure it stays dead.

Aged P
11-13-2007, 08:21 AM
Hi Guys,

A quick break from blending wall paint to match one they don't make any more. I really needed a 4ft colour picker. :)

Phil

D Akey
11-13-2007, 10:14 AM
What ho, fellows! Making room for mush, magically! Away!!!!!!

Selby
11-13-2007, 10:26 AM
hehe fun one Aged P :) i hear them signing 'the magical mystery tour...'

btw do tell if you find a 4 ft colour picker im helping redesign a space to be painted at the moment and i think it would help if we had 4ft swatches for people to visualise the finished result.

Selby

nyquist
11-24-2007, 08:13 PM
My first ArtRage image was under 30 min but I started with the rose image from the tutorial as a tracing. I decided liked it enough that I decided to put it in my blog and write about ArtRage. :)

Attached is my second ArtRage image, it is my first image from scratch.

I probably could've done a better job but I lost a little time trying to figure out why the colors were working so weirdly. LOL, then I realized that "Metallic" was turned way up (my boy had been painting with metallic yesterday). I do like the idea of trying to paint within 30 min, it's a good exercise.

creationsings
11-29-2007, 07:32 AM
Nice to see you posting work here, John. :) I like this...great work for under 30 minutes!

D Akey
11-29-2007, 09:53 AM
Super heroic!

Keep painting and drawing! You're on a roll.

nyquist
11-29-2007, 10:25 AM
Thanks! I hope to fit another in shortly. I'm really enjoying ArtRage... this time I'll make sure I've turned metallic off before beginning :)

John

sdoak
12-19-2007, 06:33 PM
here is my attempt. Not the best but in 30 mins it is hard to do for a lefty using a righthand and a mouse.

Bumble
12-20-2007, 12:28 PM
Haven't had much time recently to do much with artrage to many preperations for christmas to do!!!!! :lol: :lol: but I managed 30 mins this evening....... :D :D

Selby
12-20-2007, 03:53 PM
what a lovely half hour bumble :D beautiful and peaceful-just the thing for this time of year

Selby

jerren
12-27-2007, 02:07 PM
OK, so I cheated and took 35, but I was close

nyquist
12-30-2007, 05:05 AM
I painted this late on Christmas Eve. I was up wondering what the soldiers were doing on Christmas and started surfing. I found this picture of cadets in working together in training and it made me think of Proverbs 27:17, "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.". I used the tracing feature and did it in around 30 minutes. I put in my gallery but decided to wait until after Christmas to post it here as I was concerned that posting a painting of soldiers on Christmas might unintentionally convey the wrong impression and offend.
http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/gallery2.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=9455

I did it large in ArtRage, so before shrinking it down I ran a Smart Sharpen in Photoshop in order to preserve the crispness of the strokes that I could see before downsampling

John

Asincrono
01-02-2008, 12:49 AM
I spent less than 30 min. in this unusual hero.

ArtRange
01-03-2008, 08:37 AM
Hello, this is my first post here :D , hope you like it. It took maybee 15 mins to do.

Ico_dY
01-07-2008, 03:12 AM
About 18 min. :)

D Akey
01-07-2008, 03:25 AM

You just keep getting better and better.

Fantastic. Nice broken mark style. Has a real rhythm. Interesting how the BG reflects the hair. Whether directly intentional or not, it has a unity around which all else pulses. But it does not interfere with the girl's appearance. It's almost like the whole thing is an ornament to and around her without being rigid or formal. The painting describes her very well, I think.

In my mind's eye, I think know her type based on what you have done -- the type who can make beauty out of anything in her environment -- very earthy. Perhaps even a Zen sensibility as the rows remind me a little of a Zen garden with the sand raked in rows, though not slavishly reflective of that. Yet I get a kind of "Ah, so" flavor to this portrait.

Nice work.

D Akey
01-07-2008, 03:29 AM
Sorry for skipping everyone else.

Short time limits can be very fun. No time to get bored with a work, that's for sure.

Very cool stuff, all.

Ico_dY
01-07-2008, 03:54 AM

You just keep getting better and better.
[...]
Nice work.

D Akey you are too kind, I'm moved by your comment. :oops:
Many thanks!

Caesar
01-07-2008, 04:14 AM
Degno dei grandi del fumetto! :D

As valuable as the as the greatest comics drawers!

Ico_dY
01-07-2008, 09:28 AM
Degno dei grandi del fumetto! :D

As valuable as the as the greatest comics drawers!
Uh! I run out of words, Caesar! Thanks. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Selby
01-09-2008, 11:43 AM
fantastic Ico_dy :D a beautiful portrait. what girl could failed to be pleased with such a nice picture.

Makes me think of a sketch for a movie or play to show how the character must look and what she must embody.

Selby

Ico_dY
01-09-2008, 12:14 PM
Makes me think of a sketch for a movie or play to show how the character must look and what she must embody.

Thank you so much for your comment, Selby.
In effect I was thinking about a comic character. :)

chrisV
01-16-2008, 10:10 PM
now if I could just get there in 30 minutes

D Akey
01-16-2008, 11:29 PM
Really cool style. Reminds me of marker comps.

I could see this as your bright first sketch for your journey to some really groovy get-away. . . Make it so! (but take a laptop!)

RJR
01-17-2008, 05:32 AM
thats some great work. :D

cyberslurpie
02-08-2008, 04:32 PM
my noobie artwork with the airbrush

Ico_dY
02-08-2008, 05:54 PM
A little experiment... :)

D Akey
02-08-2008, 09:19 PM
my noobie artwork with the airbrush

Looks really cool. Would make a great pattern for a garment. I'd buy a shirt with it on it for sure.

Interesting. Reminds me of a cross between primitive masks and space alien kind of a feel. But I shan't probe.

Cool.

D Akey
02-08-2008, 09:29 PM
A little experiment... :)

Experiment? Dang! Some experiment.

I think it truly is perfect. I love the splotchy paint. Feels very artistic like a Manga cover should look in some cases.

Awesome.

Ico_dY
02-10-2008, 12:22 AM
Thank you, D AKey! :)

cyberslurpie
02-11-2008, 07:01 PM
thank you for noticing akey...

Aged P
02-16-2008, 12:23 AM
Another break from decorating and repairing the floor! :)

Needs a lot more twigs really, but I went for depth.

Phil

D Akey
02-16-2008, 12:28 AM
Mysterious lighting.

Good to see you taking a break. Your presence has been lacking for a spell. Missed your hanging out with the art folk in favor of the craftsmen.

I bet the house will look fabulous.

screenpainter
02-16-2008, 01:25 AM
Very cool. Great job the trees and lighting effects Phil.

pai
02-23-2008, 10:12 PM
An imagination quick sketch. Quite busy these days and sick for awhile. Really miss seeing lots of nice paintings. :)

D Akey
02-23-2008, 11:44 PM
Phew! Am I glad you didn't give up on us.

Nice, sweet colors.

Hope you're feeling better.

juliediane
02-24-2008, 03:23 AM
I used the spray thingy for most of this one.... just had to fill in the blanks to finish it off. It was kind of fun beating the clock. Didn't have time to think....just create quick.

RobertSWade
02-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Maybe 20 minutes.

Caesar
02-24-2008, 09:51 PM
Bob, this is a absolutely wonderful! Th colour palette reminds me Pissarro and the style somehow Kandisky.
The less time it takes the less Your art fury and raptus suffer add-on technical structures and gets out pure! :D :D

D Akey
02-24-2008, 10:05 PM
juliediane, that's a pretty snazzy colored relief sculpture. Pleasing design.

I guess not thinking, or at least out speeding one's inner critic, sometimes works. Worked really well here -- not that you have such conflicted creativity.

But I can tell you that I do, and it's really good getting to where I can turn it off.

Good one!

D Akey
02-24-2008, 10:10 PM
Robert, that's a really good one. I like the look very much and I think you could develop it into a blend between a modern art experimentation combined with the edited simplicity of graphic art. Suggests some neat directions.

Keep at it.

Lamborghini
02-25-2008, 03:10 PM
K this is some graffiti I did for another thread but I think I did it in about 20 minutes :P

juliediane
03-06-2008, 01:51 AM
Here's my 30 minutes.... make what of it you will. It beat me and I did it. Scary thoughts huh. Called it bridge to nowhere..... because that is exactly where it went while I was painting it.

Caesar
03-06-2008, 03:20 AM
Very nice! It seems a tissue of a Venician Carnival costume hanging to dry! Colourful and a witty title too! :D

D Akey
03-06-2008, 05:19 AM
Nice one JD!

With your reaction to another abstract where you said 'Hmmmmmmmmm', I thought you were judging it as not very interesting. Little did I know that the sound you made was the sound of digestion.

Excellent. It looks very fun and visually active.

juliediane
03-06-2008, 05:53 PM
Naaaaaa........ I never judge anyone as non-interesting. Everyone is individual in their thinking and style. Hmmmmm.... is just that.. me thinking, and that usually gives me a headache. LOL I have somethings that I have painted. And they are so odd... they are all Hmmmmm......
sometimes we just gotta paint odd. Pssssst......digestion huh. LOL

juliediane
03-06-2008, 05:57 PM
Thank you also Caesar. Isn't it amazing what different people see in art. I would never had thought of that. Again, thanks.

Ico_dY
05-27-2008, 09:05 AM
20 min, no reference. :)

Ray
05-27-2008, 10:56 AM
even i m here,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:)

Mairzie Dotes
05-27-2008, 06:06 PM
Hi Ray,
Your painting is just a beautiful scene
of lovely colors, well placed strokes
and textures. I could never paint such
a wonderful image in only 30 minutes.
A "quickie" painting takes me 2 hours. LOL ! :D

Ray
05-27-2008, 06:30 PM
Thank u mairzie

juliediane
05-27-2008, 07:03 PM
Great work Ray. And welcome to Artrage.... great people here. Everyone is so friendly and helpful.

This is another one of my 30 min. paintings.

Mairzie Dotes
05-28-2008, 11:37 AM
juliediane.
Glad I didn't miss this painting. Just love
the open feeling to this. That water is so
well done. Am working up the nerve to try
"water" one of these days. Great job ! :)

juliediane
05-28-2008, 11:52 AM
Thank you Mairzie.... I'm always trying something new. I just never know if it's going in the bin, or on the forum. LOL

acd
05-29-2008, 01:14 AM
My 30 minute sketch from yesterday....

A.

juliediane
05-29-2008, 03:43 AM
Holy cow acd....... great work. I couldn't have done that in days.

Lee
05-29-2008, 04:28 AM
Dear Acd, Julie's right! that's awesome and more,,, love the purple haze, and the fading buildings in the back ground! very good!

screenpainter
05-30-2008, 11:32 PM
I would be very happy with that after investing 8 hours or more.
Great job ACD.

tomzuk
06-06-2008, 10:13 PM
this is my "speedpainting"... only 25 minutes of work, but technically it's not quite good

Bumble
06-09-2008, 08:48 AM
just a quick doodle.......:D;)

Orangeish
06-21-2008, 03:11 PM
Thread seems to have died. RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!

wenkat
12-18-2008, 06:50 AM
E1 posting nice stuff here!
This is my first attempt to do within 30 mts.

Wenkat

odemilson
03-10-2009, 05:03 PM
...since i posted here.

Let's not leave the 30 min thread fall into oblivion.. hehe. This one i did when i was doodling a little to get more practice with the pencil. About ten minutes, as the man said to the friendly skull.

mindbender
03-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Hi,
just made my first "paint in 30"-attempt just playing around with the different features in AR.

odemilson
03-13-2009, 04:02 PM
I was testin' the pencil on a rough paper, this sort of came out...

mindbender
03-14-2009, 12:31 AM
Nice faun,
you should come and make a sketchbook and/or join the daily sketch challenge at the ImagineFX site (perhaps you're already a member...) :)

Mairzie Dotes
03-15-2009, 03:34 AM
I have been really enjoying these wonderful paintings and happened
to notice the latest well sketched entry by "odemilson" on rough paper
and thought the ornery, horned and well hoofed devil might need a friend
to cheer him up! :eek:

It also gave me an opportunity to practice sketching the human figure,
a skill that I am still working on.

Hope you like Roses, Mr. Devil!!! :)

PWQuack
03-23-2009, 05:17 PM
I usually take my time on my pictures... this was fun. I had no idea what I was going to draw when I sat down, this is what came out. It took about 15 minutes.

Mairzie Dotes
03-23-2009, 10:27 PM
Erk! Donno what happened other than I was up late and my eyes
are tired ~ ~ ~ :o

jbyrjbyr1
03-24-2009, 05:22 AM
Hey Mairzie...nice dreamlike (or nightmare-like perhaps) quality to this. Kind of a surreal and insubstantial look to the subject...except for the eyes, which are piercing. :eek:

Does this herald a return to the forum vampire days of yore? Or perhaps just "biting satire"? :cool:

weembaman
03-24-2009, 06:32 AM
I like this, The eyes bring an interesting quality to the painting. They almost hypnotize you....:)

Mairzie Dotes
03-24-2009, 07:53 AM
Hey Mairzie...nice dreamlike (or nightmare-like perhaps) quality to this. Kind of a surreal and insubstantial look to the subject...except for the eyes, which are piercing. :eek:

Does this herald a return to the forum vampire days of yore? Or perhaps just "biting satire"? :cool:

jbyrjbyr1,
Am truly flattered that you are (shutter!) enjoying "Little Miss Blue Eyes",
thank you! :)
I give much of the inspirational credit to PWQuack's great new painting of
an intensely glowering monster with piercing, red eyes. Was on my way
to shutting down my p.c. but decided to view his latest entry and ........
PING! ... I was instantly inspired by PWQ's creative painting, was then
overcome with that painterly feeling of, as you mentioned, the "vampire
days of yore" nature and decided to see what I could do in about 30
minutes. My blue eyes WERE really tired so I attempted to reflect the
feeling. Had much fun with it. :)

Mairzie Dotes
03-24-2009, 08:11 AM
I like this, The eyes bring an interesting quality to the painting. They almost hypnotize you....:)

weembaman,
Thank you for your kind response, so happy that you like the painting. :)
And one last thing if you please .....

Look into my eyes ..... you are nowwwwwww under my powwweeeer! :eek:

Danny the Fool
04-26-2009, 07:02 AM
Hi there, I'm the new guy. After reading through this entire thread, I'm going to resurrect it with something fairly simple that I still like a lot...

Lee
04-26-2009, 07:47 AM
Dear Danny, Hello! what a beautiful painting!!! simply beautiful!!! you can put it in the regular Gallery if you want, very nice work!:)

yachris
04-26-2009, 10:58 AM
Wow, Danny, that's beautiful... you really nailed the misty trees, and the reflections. Well done!

Danny the Fool
04-28-2009, 12:17 AM
Thank you Lee and yachris, glad you liked it :-)

I'm still figuring out the tools in ArtRage, so every piece that's not an instant throwaway candidate makes me happy...

weembaman
04-28-2009, 05:31 AM
Very nice.....Well done..

anarkissed
04-29-2009, 12:47 PM
took 30mins. Looks it too. LOL At least the forum is inspiring me. FYI I live nowhere near a scene like this.

joey_matthews
04-30-2009, 01:55 PM
I can't share right now, as I'm unable to share images but when I get fully able to upload here. I'll gladly share some I did in 15 minutes and under, though compared to the talent I see I wish I spent longer :)

~Joey

Taron
05-04-2009, 11:30 AM
Not quite 30min, but only 28, but I didn't want to shoot over...

I've done a lot of quick sketches, but it's been a while that I wanted to make a "complete" speedpaint. Right now I'm in a creature mood, so I thought some goofy monsters would do well... :P

Mairzie Dotes
05-04-2009, 12:36 PM
took 30mins. Looks it too. LOL At least the forum is inspiring me. FYI I live nowhere near a scene like this.

anarkissed,
I only wish I could paint a beautiful landscape such as this in only
30 minutes .... the palette choices are soothing and the scene is so
relaxing and tranquil, a wonderful place to spend a weekend or possibly
even forever. Well painted! :)

Mairzie Dotes
05-04-2009, 12:49 PM
Not quite 30min, but only 28, but I didn't want to shoot over...

I've done a lot of quick sketches, but it's been a while that I wanted to make a "complete" speedpaint. Right now I'm in a creature mood, so I thought some goofy monsters would do well... :P

Taron,
I know just how you feel because I also can slide into a "creature" mood
but haven't painterly congered any up like your cool 30 minute "speed
demons."
What fun with the paint brushes you've had! The main character's wrap
around wings are to die for and I just love those little, quizzical orb faces.
I want to squeeze them and love them, sooooooo adorable they are! :)
(They are really such cute little things!)

jbyrjbyr1
05-04-2009, 01:25 PM
Earlier today I decided to pop into this thread and glance at a page or two; 40 pages later I caught my breath. I'm amazed at the quality of many of these quickies (I'm usually still clearing my throat and twiddling my thumbs at 30 minutes).

I was inspired, despite reservations, to try this challenge and actually set my cell phone alarm for 30 so I wouldn't get wrapped up and still be drawing as tomorrow made an appearance.

I have an interesting (if somewhat limited) reference book called DRAWING THE HEAD and have been going through it as time permits; while I personally feel it has a few flaws, I also believe it has some fascinating concepts (especially for a complete beginner such as I). Anyway, I'm trying some of the book's techniques for this 30 minute special. No doubt I'll eventually come back to this very rough picture and fool around with it when I DON'T have to watch my time! Used chalk (first time trying it) and a little knife.

jb

Mairzie Dotes
05-05-2009, 02:56 AM
jbyrjbyr1,
May I say .... WOW! This is such a beautifully painted eye .... soooooo
expressive! I doubt that you could add any additional embellishments that
would be beneficial because the soft simplicity and focused gaze of this
demanding to be recognized eye, alluringly stands on it's own. There is
an intensity that is noticable in this piece.
Just beautilly well done in just 30 minutes. 30 minutes??? I am gracefully
jealous!!! :)

byroncallas
05-08-2009, 03:23 PM
Well, I never speed paint - I'm slow as grass growing. But this thread is inspirational so I took a shot. 30 minutes EXACTLY. Was fun - the fastest 30-minutes I can recall in a long time.
100% Artrage & Mouse.

idiotiQue
05-09-2009, 07:57 AM
my try.. :p

Sketchism71
05-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Well here it is... about 25 minutes from opening Artrage to exporting as image. That was kinda fun! I think the 3rd distal metacarple has a stress fracture...LOL

Sketchism71
05-09-2009, 11:43 AM
Ooops! Here it is

SCP
05-09-2009, 04:02 PM
Nice one Sketch:)

p.s Like your sig :D That is me for sure lol

libidee
05-10-2009, 10:47 PM
Only just!!!

libidee
05-10-2009, 11:36 PM
Okay maybe one more...
I traced it... But it's monty python, and i didn't want to wreck it!:p

Sketchism71
05-13-2009, 01:52 AM
Those are great libidee!:):)

JeroKane
05-13-2009, 02:04 AM
Wow! Some really amazing pictures in this thread! :)

Really need to start free up some time and start painting myself again. :o

Jer

libidee
05-13-2009, 11:19 PM
Thank you Sketchism71!!

cbaer45
06-18-2009, 01:10 PM
Wow, these are all really good! Even if I spent a couple days on a painting, I would never be able to get it to look as good as some of these that took 30 min. :o

Here is something that I made in about 30 minutes.

Alandra
06-19-2009, 03:52 AM
This took me 25 minutes...
Most of the time I spent deciding on colours x3

Little Beth
06-21-2009, 12:49 AM
This was a great little project during my exams, gave me some time to chill out. I was inspired bu the new ghostbusters game coming out and thought I could use the circle stencil! Its a little bit rough in 30 mins so i might go back and tidy it up

emenemsbis
06-21-2009, 04:33 AM
Great drawings!^___^
I especially like this Ghost buster sign from Little Beth, but others are amazing, too!
I made something in 30 minutes,too :) I like to make rough sketches made in something about 20-30 minutes - just for practising or, like it was now - for relaxing ans stopping thinking about anything ;)
Drawing from photo, but it wasn't traced - it was only inspired by photo of Won Bin - great actor :)

yachris
06-21-2009, 07:48 AM
Wow, Em, that's a beautiful sketch!

chambersecrets
06-21-2009, 08:27 AM
this was just like not even 10mins just playing in artrage. doing some japanese brush painting.

emenemsbis
06-21-2009, 08:50 AM
yachris, you're too kind!!^^

chambersecrets - what a beautiful painting^^

Anartist1948
06-21-2009, 12:08 PM
Yes!
Now that is what I like to see. That is real drawing. Freehand drawing and painting are the best way to express ourselves, not tracing.
That is a beautiful drawing. Is it in chalk or pastel or pencil with crayon?
Thanks for sharing

emenemsbis
06-21-2009, 07:37 PM
Yes!
Now that is what I like to see. That is real drawing. Freehand drawing and painting are the best way to express ourselves, not tracing.
That is a beautiful drawing. Is it in chalk or pastel or pencil with crayon?
Thanks for sharing

^^ if you're asking me, it was made with pencil :) thank you :)

Navineous
06-23-2009, 09:04 AM
Only just!!!
That is amazing =]

mannafig
06-24-2009, 11:05 AM
I painted this in 12mins

drifteremage
06-28-2009, 11:27 AM
First post, thought I'd give it a try. Really good pictures, don't know if mine is very good, but here goes.

Mairzie Dotes
06-28-2009, 10:17 PM
First post, thought I'd give it a try. Really good pictures, don't know if mine is very good, but here goes.

Greetings drifteremage,
I think your painting is ZING -ZOWIE WOW!!! Lots of interesting texture,
colors and lively expression has produced an exciting piece that is creative,
kicky and a joy to view. Just love this! :)

A warm welcome to Art Rage! I detect that you may a sense of humor and
if so ... you might consider checking out my thread in the "Art Projects"
thread titled ... "Food With An Attitude." There have been many ingenious
(and a bit strange by normal standards) paintings submitted of food. You
are most welcome to stop by and please feel free to submit an original of
your own. Food paintings from the sublime to the demented are most
welcome. ;) :)

Aged P
12-30-2009, 12:45 PM
Hi guys,

I decided I was taking too long on a painting, so I'm back here for some quick and intuitive stuff. This took about 20 minutes.

Phil

lindsay1959
01-04-2010, 12:25 AM
My effort for and to stop being a lurker:) hope this worked

lindsay

Docsmith626
01-04-2010, 08:30 AM
Actually, that worked pretty good. Certainly got my attention.

lindsay1959
01-04-2010, 03:32 PM
thankyou
its certainly colourful and I learned how to post pictures to the forum , this 30 minutes picture posting is good in that for me you dont have to think and obsess over the work just do it

which is good for me

now that I posted something other than problems I am happier:)

Mairzie Dotes
01-05-2010, 12:42 AM
Hi guys,

I decided I was taking too long on a painting, so I'm back here for some quick and intuitive stuff. This took about 20 minutes.

Phil

Aged P,
Have been meaning to comment on your glowing obelisk-like painting ...
it seems to have a hypnotic quality about it that defies being ignored, a
structure of energetic power that is influencing it's surroundings with it's
bold presence. A unique and creative work ... well painted. :)

Fashmir
08-14-2010, 06:40 AM
It's been a looooong time since I posted anything in this thread. :) So here's a little speed paint. 15 minutes no reference.

Fashmir
08-14-2010, 07:37 AM
Here's another one just off the brush. 20 minutes no ref.

Mairzie Dotes
08-14-2010, 09:58 AM
Fashmir,
Wow, what wonderful quick paint fantasy pieces. Much energy and
intrigue afoot with a nasty dragon of flight versus a possible meal
on the run and a sinister sorta-Svengali. :eek: If only I could create
imaginary figures like this. :)

screenpainter
10-06-2010, 11:45 PM
I absolutely love that figure drawing emenemsbis!!! Great stufff Chamber Secrets and Drifteremage! Beautiful work Manna!
Lindsay I absolutely love your sailor! Haven't visited this thread in a long time. great one Phil!
Fashmir... wow great imagination and great quick sketches.
so much great stuff here!!!

sandyg
10-07-2010, 12:35 PM
The sketch is amazing emene 30 minutes, it's really good.
Fashmir, Fantasy quick work, fantastic. Some great creations, I shall have to go through this thread again.
Sandyg.

SCP
10-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Fantastic Fantasy Speedies Fashmir !!:):):):)

gigicharm
10-08-2010, 05:52 AM
Okay...usually I am a sticker kind of gal...but for the challenge I put my stickers away and only used paint and the pallet knife...

:o

screenpainter
10-12-2010, 01:58 AM
lovely gigi.
here is one I did. I definitely ran out of time.

Briex
11-04-2010, 11:13 AM
ArtRage oilpainting, based on existing internet picture:

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/gallery/files/9/8/4/9/zuid_limburg_ar_thumb.jpg (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=13479&c=3)

JoshSouza
11-04-2010, 01:08 PM
I am still getting used to artrage but what the heck. I am practicing drawing animals. I drew this in 30 minutes last night using Artrage for the iPad and a griffin stylus. I had to get a trial to preserve the layers when I exported it to a computer. This is supposed to be an Iguana....

Briex
11-06-2010, 11:26 AM
Hasard Cheratte, a former coal mine company in Cheratte-Liege, Belgium (EU). Painted in 30 minutes, based on picture. Enjoy. For more inspiration: Google "Hasard Cheratte".

screenpainter
11-06-2010, 02:52 PM
As always, your work is amazing and beautiful Briex. I really love your painting style. I was wondering where you had disappeared to and I have visited your website whilst you were absent for awhile... very nice indeed!

Briex
11-06-2010, 08:20 PM
As always, your work is amazing and beautiful Briex. I really love your painting style. I was wondering where you had disappeared to and I have visited your website whilst you were absent for awhile... very nice indeed!

Busy. Fast painting: white roses in 30 minutes. The wilder painting, the better. Getting the key essence of a picture...

Briex
11-10-2010, 10:17 AM
done within 30 minutes roughly... Orginal size 1000 x 1000 mm

screenpainter
11-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Those white roses are amazing. the landscape is great also and i like the style of it. But I can't get over those roses...fantastic! It's very educational for people too to see how many subtle hues actually make up the white parts.

JoePhoto
11-10-2010, 06:29 PM
Wow - I just paged through this entire thread and there is so much inspiring work that I had to join this forum and post. This is such an amazing thread idea, I'm inspired to give it a shot myself. I'm recently getting back into hand made art, so this is an amazing journey for me. Thanks to everyone for sharing their work.

JoePhoto
11-10-2010, 07:27 PM
Here's a go at a time limited painting. This one took about 40 minutes. My young son is enthralled with Iron Man at the moment, so painting/drawing Iron Man is the best way to ensure I can use my iPad when he's around.

I'm still figuring out ArtRage and this is one of the first images I'm happy enough with to show.

Painted in ArtRage for iPad, reference used, resized and sharpened in PS.

screenpainter
11-12-2010, 12:35 PM
That's really good Joe! It seems to take on a quality beyond Iron Man also... very futuristic looking

JoePhoto
11-15-2010, 07:26 PM
Thanks! I'm going to work it up a bit more. This thread is some great inspiration.

timp
11-16-2010, 04:10 AM
iPad & stylus, about 20-30 minutes. I wanted to go on painting, but the old girl woke up...

screenpainter
11-16-2010, 07:42 AM
That's really looking great. I wish she wouldn't have woken up for awhile so it could be even more developed, but still you captured a lot here and it makes you feel good to look at. Look forward to seeing more of your ipad art.

WolfNinja
11-21-2010, 09:22 PM
Not the best thing in the world, but hey it took me 30 minutes. :d

I had fun messing around with the paint settings at least.

funwulf
11-26-2010, 01:27 PM
here is 30 min face hope

Mairzie Dotes
11-27-2010, 05:34 PM
Hi,
Have been slow in responding but just had to mention how much I
am enjoying the all of the paintings as well as the updated entries.

gigicharm ... your painting reminds me of a feminine, flower topped
cozy hat that I wish I had in anticipation of the fast approaching winter. :)

gzairborne ... what a gorgeous landscape ... you are a master of color,
form and expression. What talent! :)

JoshSouza ... A great Iguana sketch. I think he already ate the fly
that was buzzing overhead. :)

Briex ... Your landscape, Coal mine light house, White Roses and South
Limburg Landscape are all wonderful. "White Roses" is so beautiful. :)

JoePhoto ... Wow! Iron Man looks much like the original Iron Man movie
character but with emotive, personalized artistic flair. :)

timp ... Gira Sleeping, even though you mentioned incompletion, is
touching. A really charming painting. :)

WolFNinja ... Just love the whimsical Owl piece. It appears as if this
owl is as wise as the fables suggest. :)

fablefox
12-03-2010, 11:45 PM
This is my first drawing, it took like 20 minutes. I'm a great fan of Van Gogh Starry Starry Night.

Mairzie Dotes
12-04-2010, 01:07 PM
here is 30 min face hope

funwulf,
Can't begin to express how much I love this painting. The artistry
is quite exceptional ... so expressive and touchingly beautiful it is :)
and ...
to the point that your wishful, dream spun piece has inspired me to
create my impression of the other side of wishing on the moon so to
speak. It took the still learning, likes of me a little more than a half
hour to place my thoughts onto canvas but here it is and the title ...
"In His Shadow." :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

frame352
12-04-2010, 01:16 PM
liking this, timp! nice piece!

iPad & stylus, about 20-30 minutes. I wanted to go on painting, but the old girl woke up...

Mairzie Dotes
12-04-2010, 01:29 PM
This is my first drawing, it took like 20 minutes. I'm a great fan of Van Gogh Starry Starry Night.

fablefox,
"Starry Starry Night" is one of my favorite paintings and wishing on a star
is one of my favorite pass times. If you don't mind, I'd just love to make a
wish or two on your most wondrous celestial night glimmer's. The painting
is so beautiful, just love the unique expressive moon, heavenly colors and
meanful concept. It has "heart." :)

eighty+
01-09-2011, 02:02 AM
(1) doodlebugs favorite resting place thorton heath croydon 1943 memory

(2) arizona cacktus growing country ??? 25 mins ok

eighty+
01-09-2011, 04:55 AM
looks like the native's have got big John at last :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

homiedude180
03-27-2011, 07:41 AM
My turn! I wanted to mostly mess around with blend modes on the layers.
(It's supposed to depict a crash landing/ambush on an extra-terrestrial planet.)

Mairzie Dotes
03-29-2011, 12:28 AM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What I did paint in 3 seconds! :eek: ( Do I win anything? ) :o :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

pai
03-29-2013, 04:41 PM
This isn't easy..haha. all oil paint only:rolleyes:

Peter Pinckney
03-30-2013, 12:39 AM
20 minute AR4 doodling.......

pai
03-30-2013, 11:13 AM
Great one in 20 mins, Peter. Here is mine today. This is really good exercise for me as I tend to think tooooo long..haha.

Peter Pinckney
03-31-2013, 11:21 AM
Using 2 tools :oils brush and knife.......25 minute mountains

pai
03-31-2013, 01:06 PM
20 mins this one..also posted in my abstract thread :)

pai
03-31-2013, 08:20 PM
Ok, tried another 30 mins, i think around 35 mins..ok next time will be faster without thinking too much :)

oil paint, the cloud i did previously, bench stencil

pai
04-01-2013, 02:51 PM
39 mins for this. just remembered a passed away very talented and passion artist. just played with thick oil for feeling the texture

byroncallas
04-03-2013, 05:31 AM
PAI and Peter: love your entries: Fun to resurrect this thread.
Here, exactly 30 minutes just throwing paint. No time to clean it up, but it was fun. :)
I much recommend to zoom full screen and view at a distance. It will be a very different painting.

copespeak
04-03-2013, 10:25 AM
Byron, I commented on this in the other thread, but this is great for a 30 minute painting. Your pen must have been flying! :)

byroncallas
04-04-2013, 04:34 AM
Robyn, yes, thanks - LOL, it woud be fun to be going so fast with real paint. What a mess that would be! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

operated
04-04-2013, 08:54 AM
figured id try it and was great fun .

byroncallas
04-04-2013, 10:22 AM
Great fun "operated". And the title sounds like my life. The painting looks pretty close to it too. :D:D:D:D
A wild and interesting piece.

Rondo
04-04-2013, 11:16 AM
In +- 20 minutes.....tube and knife

pai
04-04-2013, 08:48 PM
Aww, nice to see all of you having fun with 30 mins , no time to think painting. i can see Bryon has lots of fun just pouring paint on the canvas :)

And, Opeerated, isn't that fun in restriction of time and you just "paint" and have "fun" with it :)

Rondo, that's a very nice sky, yes, i love paint tube and knife too, great combination to work with :)

roselina
04-04-2013, 09:09 PM
Very difficult task for me.. But it was interesting to try...

Weeks

Hi budy
I am Rose Lina , I like your art. You make a very good artist budy if you try harder.... I love your Art really good. I know it's very difficult to play with white and black color..

operated
04-05-2013, 10:43 AM
Great fun "operated". And the title sounds like my life. The painting looks pretty close to it too. :D:D:D:D
A wild and interesting piece.

Haha sometimes i think im better at titles then painting (probly true) , but i was working on that one and after 10 mins i was finished , i tryed add stuff etc but it felt done .

Peter Pinckney
04-05-2013, 12:50 PM
A little under 30 minutes..........night sky

byroncallas
04-06-2013, 02:59 PM
A little under 30 minutes..........night sky

Strange. I posted yesterday noting WHAT A TERRIFIC SKY. Where the heck did the post go? :confused:
Anyway, Peter, terrific as always. Your skys always rock. Your black and white here is top notch. Killer. :cool:

drawing4art
04-06-2013, 09:11 PM
Gosh love all of these, different styles,subjects, and tools a veritable gallery all in itself :) Will have to try my hand at this.

pai
04-06-2013, 10:53 PM
can't sleep, i cut my hair..haha :p

copespeak
04-07-2013, 12:35 AM
Lovely!! :D :D

byroncallas
04-07-2013, 04:54 AM
can't sleep, i cut my hair..haha :p

Nice trim. :p:D

operated
04-07-2013, 08:52 AM
Quik selfportret ,

copespeak
04-07-2013, 08:59 AM
It has all the feel of looking into a mirror! Good one! :cool:

Steve B
04-24-2013, 07:00 PM
I admit I tried this challenge once on a different image, and I thought it was cr*p, and so chucked it about 15 minutes in and labeled it a "warm up." ;) Given that, I started over and this took about 35 minutes. I have a presaved doc with canvas size, an imported Texture Overlay and Layer Textures all set up-- a la Roy Blumenthal's method. That saves some time too.

This was a great deal of fun, and the experimentation with various media as well as playing with Blend Modes, Duplicating Layers, changing transparency, and moving them around came right out of the thread "What makes digital art digital art?" That was a great conversation.

MJSparks
04-25-2013, 08:18 AM
I don't know if I ever added this, but this was a one word prompt with a 30 minute timer from some time ago... I should probably do some fresh work, but I have a lot of unfinished works that need attention.

pai
04-30-2013, 11:20 AM
Woah, great quickie Steve and Magen. So happy more people join in 30 mins fun.

I am doing this one again to cheer up my friend who has been sick long time just now. Very quickie one as I was doing another painting but want to send my friend a happy one.

Mairzie Dotes
04-30-2013, 12:18 PM
I don't know if I ever added this, but this was a one word prompt with a 30 minute timer from some time ago... I should probably do some fresh work, but I have a lot of unfinished works that need attention.

MagenSparks,
The solemn nature of this winter's scene of chilled beauty is both powerful yet somehow peaceful in
nature. Just love the predominate presence of the formidable tree that seems to have much to say in
it's impressive presence. :D

Can't believe that I am able to view and hopefully respond to your lovely painting. Have been plagued
with p.c. problems for 3 months now and have been unable to access/respond to any of the Art Rage
forum posts. (and not much of anything else) Here's hoping when I click the 'submit reply' tag, you will
receive this.

MJSparks
04-30-2013, 02:01 PM
It's always nice to cheer up a friend, Pai with your always enchanting works...and to hear from Ms. Mairzie. I have missed your eloquent way with words. I am glad to see you found your way out of PC doom to be with us again.

pai
05-03-2013, 11:19 AM
thanks so much Magen :) i need a break from watercolor, haha, so hard to control ...a quickie for break time. actually this done in 10 mins or less..haha..just for breakkksss :p

Selby
05-11-2013, 07:33 AM
gorgeous colours Pai:) Ilove that the longer I look at it the more my eye can read into the picture.

Henry Stahle
05-12-2013, 10:48 PM
75525 ...chasing barefoot in the green grass. 25 minutes. Sharp.

grayflo
05-13-2013, 11:45 AM
Pai, that green one reminds me of a Turner. Lovely atmosphere.

copespeak
05-13-2013, 01:21 PM
Very cute Henry and well painted Pai.

Abstract from me.

pai
05-13-2013, 10:54 PM
thanks so much Selby :)

so cute and lovely one, that's so good within 30 mins, Henry :)

Robyn, love your abstract a lot :)

grayflo
05-14-2013, 11:55 AM
Copespeak, yours reminds me of the rain forest, with several levels of foliage linked with vertical vines. Dripping with moisture and colour. I love imagining!

copespeak
05-14-2013, 12:44 PM
Thank you Pai and Lin! Dribbles are hard to do in AR.

Here is another. The other morning was a real 'red in the morning' kinda start and I took lots of pics. Our hills and sky were alight with colour, and I loved the way the edges were picked out with red gold.

Yngve
06-02-2013, 02:21 AM
This was actually the first attempt for a self portrait ever. I made a single line sketch of my face from a reference picture. Then added some schading using a pencil with precision turned off so I could set the slope to 75% to mimic charcoal. Worked on the right with some black/blue watercolor to mimic ink. The background is on a separate layer, combination of colored chalk, 'inky' watercolor and used the knife to smudge parts of it.

pai
06-07-2013, 12:35 PM
love it. those lines captured so well the mood, her expression :)

Marilyn Anne
06-10-2013, 02:51 PM
I enjoyed the challenge and seeing what other people have done with it.

FantasyShades
06-14-2013, 04:42 AM
Drawing on a tablet is still very new for me, and goodness I really have to get used to it still!! Its difficult!
I love it though.
I tried a portrait because I am horrible at portraits, and hope to learn (some day) to do it better. I decided that the tablet is a good tool for practice purposes.
I always shy away from portraits, they are so terribly difficult. But the time has come to step out of the comfort zone :) lol

So here is my first 30 minute tablet attempt. Constructive feedback is always very welcome.
I used a reference picture, but did not trace (as you can see :P)

I tried to color it a couple of times but then the time was up, coloring it right is hard I think.

FantasyShades
06-14-2013, 05:59 AM
Hey there again,
I know I am new and should not post too much but its a bit addicting.
I found a new tool that I liked, so I tried again until the 30 minutes where over (so its not finished yet).
I decided to stop using the reference picture, it makes me nervous :) lol, so this one is more fantasy.

operated
06-14-2013, 06:51 AM
Hey fantasyshades,

i like ur portraits , dunno why u dont like to do them , they look sweet to me.
Also dont think u can post to much of ur art .

so keep posting gj

Chris_Paris
06-14-2013, 10:09 PM
Hi All.
Thanks to Yngve, Marilyn Anne and FantasyShades for their recent contribution.
Picking here and there in the 50 pages of the thread I find really amazing how people can be creative in 30 minutes !

Here is a small painting that I have done with AR in ... around 25 minutes.

Marilyn Anne
06-15-2013, 08:44 PM
Very freely done ad truly decorative.

bryanni
06-18-2013, 05:31 AM
My little contribution to this thread. I am still quite a beginner so your comments are most welcome to help me progress.

Marilyn Anne
06-18-2013, 07:24 AM
Very atmospheric!