PDA

View Full Version : Moonbrook Mill

jacktar51
12-08-2007, 10:52 AM
Well its got a moon a brook and a Mill.....What more fitting title could I use?....Hope you like this one ...it has some weird colouring I know but then I am a bit Excentric as a lot of old Brits become...So I will beg a little artistic licence please, (as I do at times like this).........Jack.

Bumble
12-08-2007, 11:22 AM
Wonderful Jack...beautiful :D :D

jacktar51
12-08-2007, 11:42 AM
Thanks for that Bumble, appreciate the reply. pleased that you like the picture.....Jack.

Is_It
12-08-2007, 11:43 AM
love it mate, make me think of pictures of old, before industrial revolution

EB
12-08-2007, 11:59 AM
A very well panted setting!

:D :D :D

screenpainter
12-08-2007, 12:15 PM
That's a beauty Jack. Love your painting style. Not quite so eerie as some of late. Still there may be werewolves lurking about this village. :D

RobertSWade
12-08-2007, 01:56 PM
Has an eerie storybook feel to me. Really nice detail work Jack.

barnburner
12-08-2007, 02:37 PM
I love it Jack. :)

pai
12-08-2007, 08:04 PM
Very beautiful and the skycolor really matches the moon and bring out the atmosphere. :)

FurrTrap
12-09-2007, 03:03 AM
Well I like the palette, a lot of very mossy green roofs here too, due to constant damp airs and high mould counts. Most trees are covered with lichen. So to see green roofs I think of remote countryside :)

Nice...

Caesar
12-09-2007, 03:10 AM
You often display (this is one case) a very courageous colours selection and mix/ blend which make Your works atmosphere cast feelings, emotions and a paradoxical combination of both familiarity and slight oddity. 8)
It's like You paint a parallel dimension or universe corresponding to past time for us or an underworld where anything is a somehow diffferent and melancholic reflex of this world and life a little ghostly and shadowy.
Conclusion: an amazing style and art!!! :D

jacktar51
12-09-2007, 06:50 AM
Is_It.... I know for sure that many of my Ancestors were indeed from the southcoast of England....I think I may have a connection through my art to older times....I certainly do like to paint old fashioned stuff, and I kind of associate with timbered buildings and antiques...perhaps its because I am getting older...Heh....Pleased you like it anyway...Jack.

EB...thanks for the reply and the comment EB, and thanks for looking at my work.....Jack.

gzairborne...Hello GZ..THanks for looking in... a lot of my night scenes are a bit strangly coloured, you are right....the scenes I have in my head of night,have very little colour,although I do Dream in colour, not many people do according to statistics, I really wouldnt like to know how they get their figures ... its like how do they know that dogs only see in Mono, no colour at all...funny old world isnt it, thanks for looking in mate, always appreciated... Jack.

Peter Pinckney
12-09-2007, 07:03 AM
This one has connotations of books I used to read as a kid Jack (we're the same generation folks! haha) Great atmosphere!

Nika
12-09-2007, 09:54 AM
Wonderful painting :)

jacktar51
12-09-2007, 10:32 AM
RobertSWade... Thanks Bob , I take attention to what you say as the most improved artist on the forum,your opinion counts....Jack.

barnburner,,,thank you very much Sir for your kind comment....Jack.

pai....thanks for looking Pai, always I seek to improve my Art,and trying different techniques is always a good Idea if we are to keep learning, Thank you for the reply.... Jack.

FurrTrap.......Thanks for the reply Mate....Theres plenty of green moss around the area you live I think FurrTrap, If I have your location right?....and plenty of misty mornings too I'll wager.....Jack.

D Akey
12-09-2007, 10:34 AM
Like a design burned into ivory or an old bone. . .

Very old world. If I smoked a pipe, this would be on it, and a fine old pipe it would be too.

:D :D :D

jacktar51
12-09-2007, 10:53 AM
Caesar... Hello Mate, thanks for looking in, theres quite a few cottages around the Cotswolds Area that look a little like these, but these are really very old thatches, timber beams and wattling covered with a lime and clay finish, or at least I think thats what they did before bricks came along. oh yes and stone walling..thats been around for many a moon I'll be bound.....thanks for the reply Matey....Jack.

Mr Peter Pinckney....Hello Peter....You cant be as old as me Matey,your from the twentieth century, ha har,....I'm Re-incarnated from the 18th...according to all my ancestral links down Portsmouth and Devon, lots of generations of Seafarers in my tree Pete, .....Jack.

jacktar51
12-09-2007, 10:56 AM
Nika... Thanks for looking in, and for the comment, nice to get the feedback....Jack.

jacktar51
12-09-2007, 11:01 AM
Mr D Akey.... I am at present facinated by the very slight colour technique, so slight you can only just notice that its there, you can get some really great effects like thatcolour on a second layer and then fade till its almost gone and only the slightest trace is left, very good in dark scenes, where I suppose you wouldnt get much colour anyway..Thanks for the reply D appreciated as usual,but just as much.....Jack.