PDA

View Full Version : Printing on fabric

RobertSWade
12-05-2007, 04:48 PM
I did not know that there are special sheets you can buy to print images directly onto fabric with an inkjet or bubblejet printer. You can also make your own with this method:

Printing onto Fabric
One of the easiest methods of transferring images to fabric is the freezer paper method.
This is how you do it, cut a piece of freezer paper the same size as your printer paper, also cut a piece of fine cotton fabric the same size and make sure there are no threads hanging to catch in your printer.
Then iron the cotton fabric to the shiny side of the freezer paper and put one sheet at a time into your printer, sometimes it curls so l have a stick just to hold it back as its feeding through.
You can also print text this way as well, when it feels dry , just place a piece of parchment paper over it and iron with a hot iron setting and this will set the colours.

Or go here to buy manufactured fabric sheets:
http://store.quilting-warehouse.com/projects-photo-transfer-fabricsheets.html

I think a print like this would look interesting mounted on cardboard and framed.

Thanks to EB for bringing this to my attention. :)

Dany51
01-09-2008, 09:37 PM
Is the freezer paper like the celophane, transparent ?, I ask this because I would like to be sure that I did understand well.

RobertSWade
01-10-2008, 07:21 AM
It's a plastic coated paper. You should be able to find it at any grocery store along side celophane and waxed paper and aluminum foil.

Lee
01-23-2008, 10:23 AM
Dear Robert, i can't wait to try this, !!!! thanks!!!! :D

Thank you to EB!

quickdraw
02-03-2008, 05:19 AM
which side do you print on....the cotton side, or the freezer paper side?

RobertSWade
02-03-2008, 07:28 AM
Print on the fabric side. The freezer paper is for stiffness so it will feed through the printer.

Dany51
06-18-2008, 07:08 PM
Thanks Robert, I will try the technique and see what I get.:)

ScottF
06-19-2008, 07:55 AM
An interesting idea. Thanks!