PDA

View Full Version : My first one. Kill me, I deserve it

lluisfernandez
12-04-2007, 08:08 AM
I will let you all lapidate me. But it's my fist attempt ever!
Thanks.
Please be polite.

Caesar
12-04-2007, 09:14 AM
Why? What's wrong with it? It's a tasteful unformal instead! :)
Welcome!!!

D Akey
12-04-2007, 12:52 PM
"Just so I won't be all alone. . . Nobody must get stoned."
- Dylan (maybe)

"Oh thou agate. . . take this piece not for granite."
- Vulcan (mayhaps)

Welcome.

I wouldn't know how to critique this. It looks very good for what it is. But the dark lines in the purple are not my favorite part because they sorta pull the attention away from the color work you have going. They're sorta scratchy.

But I would need a context of a series or something. In that case, the lines may be more appropriate.

Rather than line, if you want to add something interesting in the texture, strategically placed as a variation that would harmonize more with the softness you have going. That would be less intrusive and add some variation.

But the rest is quite nice.

:D :D :D

RobertSWade
12-04-2007, 01:48 PM
My opinion for what it's worth: I love the rather jarring choice of colors and how they create tension. I also think the composition and division of space is good. The lines I would like better if they didn't end so abruptly on their upper ends. Overall though, it's something that would look completely comfortable in a Modern gallery. So, good job. Welcome and keep on. :)

FurrTrap
12-04-2007, 07:39 PM
Interesting exploration!

I love the rich seaweed green top left then the transition through French blues into amber flames at the bottom. The lemon yellow top right is a colour I have rarely used but it's very fresh and invigorating.

I think colours are a great way to "open up"... I'm tending to work that way right now. I have a few favourite palettes that I will explore more.

But starting with a colour exploration is a wonderful way to get a feel for what you might want to do next.

Just be free :D