PDA

View Full Version : Tricks for tablet users

Fashmir
06-03-2006, 09:52 PM
If you use a tablet and stylus, you can get some pretty good results for straight lines and curves using ordinary rulers and curves. The color image I did today at the studio on my Cintiq (which granted made things a snap for lining up what I was doing visually). The curves were done at home on my Wacom Intuos 2 using a plastic ruler, compass ruler, and curves. I decided today to make myself a tool for the studio for straight lines. I bought an ordinary clear plastic ruler, some double stick tape adhesive, and some felt. I attached two thin strips of felt to the under side of the ruler near the edges. This not only protects the screen but buffs dust off as well while I use it. It makes creating straight lines a snap on any screen paintable hardware you may have access to. Tablet PC users could make use of this.

Aged P
06-03-2006, 10:49 PM
Hi Fashmir,

(I'm treading carefully though a quagmire of innuendo here, in deference to the younger Forum members!)

I like those ideas, but it's not so easy if you've only got an A6 model.
It does make a difference!

I think, if I ever wear this Wacom out, I will buy a far larger one.
This is something to include in advice on graphics tablets in the future!

drzeller
06-04-2006, 02:46 AM
Aged P... Nah... Just use smaller ruler!

D.

Fashmir
06-04-2006, 06:27 AM
(I'm treading carefully though a quagmire of innuendo here, in deference to the younger Forum members!)

Huh? Maybe I'm thick, but I have no clue what you are talking about here.

drzeller
06-04-2006, 09:22 AM
I believe he was inferring that his "equipment" is smaller than yours. Of course, he only meant his tablet...

D.

Prawnsushi
06-25-2006, 11:09 PM
i wonder why i haven't thought of doing this before -_- great idea :)

Disaster Master
06-27-2006, 06:11 PM
Thank You Fashmir.

very good to hear this from you.

at least, it is better than using empty cups to draw curves isn't it. hah.

Disaster Master.