PDA

View Full Version : Meow

Fashmir
03-29-2006, 07:51 PM
An extended doodle.

Loadus
03-29-2006, 08:34 PM
Works like a charm. Beautiful tonality. You can see the amount of work from the brushstrokes. I'm about to have a stroke just by counting them :D Five stars!

Weeks
03-29-2006, 09:33 PM
Fashmir, When the talent is an obviousness. ArtRage will become the
reference' tool for the many artists who find in a creation like
your, the inspiration and the force necessary. Cheer...

Weeks
I'm confused, my English is not good enough to express exactly what I feel ..

AndyRage
03-29-2006, 09:47 PM
Oh geeze that's fantastic.
Fashmir, all those hairs must have driven you nuts.
Way back a few years ago we wrote a 'fur' plugin as part of KPT 5.0.
I can see I'm going to have to do some sort of brush to make painting fur easier.

That's a fantastic picture. The eye is scary it's so realistic.
Way cool!

AndyRage.

AndyRage
03-29-2006, 11:22 PM
Zoinks. Well, the brushes do adjust down to sub-pixel size if you take the size and the pressure slider way down.
I think we need to do some research into how fur is painted. Probably dry-brushing is involved, and we dont have a decent fan or dry-brush yet.

AndyRage.

DaveyJJ
03-30-2006, 12:08 AM
Yikes! Is 'stunninglystunning" a word? Great job.

ninja-usagi
03-30-2006, 01:19 AM
show off! :wink:

DaveyJJ
03-30-2006, 01:52 AM
Meaow Fashmir!!! That's just great! What a furry talent you are! How COULD you just have the patience? I would have given up at 1/2 way through. And it's so artistic!

And Andy, a fur brush, yes it's a great idea. Once I read about an old technique used by fur-painter experts long time ago, like in the reinessance or so. They painted with water-based paint, like egg-tempera, on fat oil paint. It made the thin tempera paint "shirnk" so that he lines became narrower, on the fat surface. So a 1 millimetre brushstroke became 0,5 or less after shrinking. Can something like that be done digitally?

Shouldn't Andy's reponse be ... "Sure - how hard can it be?" :lol:

hanzz
03-30-2006, 06:44 AM
wonderfull painting, I'm in awe.....!!!!

I can see I'm going to have to do some sort of brush to make painting fur easier.

Now there's an idea that makes me drool...well ...sorta. Painting hair is one of the most rewarding tasks ,when done well. And a tool like only you guys can deliver,would indeed be a great asset to this program.

Shouldn't Andy's reponse be ... "Sure - how hard can it be?" Laughing

my point exactly :lol: :lol: :lol:

sbug51
03-30-2006, 07:22 AM
i can't see the brush strokes, or the roller if you used it, is it a large size then resized smaller??

and i think artrage being the way it is, is fine, cause otherwise it will turn into painter and will get complicated, cause artrage is about being different and not the same line like other softwares, its art, and rage... just simple, like we wont do what you guys are doing :D (pointing at other software companies, though i love adobe :)) also i was going through the chat topics, and it had some water effect thingie going on, that would be really cool, cause i am better at water color than oil (never tried oil in real life)... i dont know i think i will finish it in its real post, not here.. but for now

really cool man!!! really amazing!! must practice, i wish my university projects are over so i can draw with rage :P hehehe

felfish
03-30-2006, 03:44 PM
i like the detail in the eye. it's really wet looking and has the color flecks near the pupil.

Fashmir
03-30-2006, 05:58 PM
Thanks so much for that response everyone. I'm going to turn it a little now and (no false modesty) say that seeing it for the first time in many hours... it's not my best work. I did have alot of fun doing this one, but I feel myself verging on summoning some concentrated focus and doing a serious amount of work on something in art rage. That means large file sizes and any speed shifts I have to face to do it. :) I might have to take some breaks and do some quick pics (which is likely how I will start out as I home in on a suitable subject and treatment).

sbug51- to answer your question on dimension, I worked this at 700 x 1000 and reduced it for posting.

DaveyJJ
03-31-2006, 12:10 AM
I've used the posted one for my desktop background (if you don't mind). A link to the larger one would my desktop really pop. :D

cym
04-02-2006, 09:50 PM
I can only shake my head in amazement. Of course the fur is incredible, but that eye...I will be studying that eye!

Marvolo
06-03-2006, 05:53 AM
VERY awesome wait till i get rage and you can see the eye i drew then i can rage it up :D

~Marvolo~

florida girl
06-03-2006, 06:30 AM
Wow Fashmir,
Wonderful Work!
I love your cat's eyes! How did you achieve such wonderful effects?

byroncallas
07-18-2020, 06:47 PM
Another of David extraordinary "doodles".