PDA

View Full Version : Loneliness

uuderzo
10-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Hello,

I want to share this work in progress with all you, and i'd like some suggestions and impressions.

D Akey
10-24-2007, 12:41 PM
Playing off the flag pole sitting craze -- something soooo odd and unnatural, but such a great symbol. In this case he's seeming to have to do something very unnatural just to breathe fresh air/escape (pick your metaphor). Could represent many things.

I liken it to many illustration themes I have seen. Has a sort of dystopian flavor.

I would make the different elements of the clothes different in color, just for aesthetic interest, lest it look like you got lazy and couldn't mix another color. . . unless he's supposed to be in a uniform or costume. But since this is more like he's a non-conformist, I would make his clothing consistent with a more individual look -- or make it look corporate 3 piece suit for irony, like somebody who conforms except for his one little sanctuary. One way or the other.

But this is really really cool. I love it. Great theme. And it looks good. One thing about these what I call 'concept pieces' is that the look needn't be slickly rendered, though it's an option.

Well done!

:D :D :D

RobertSWade
10-24-2007, 03:04 PM
Salvador Dali meets Anime. Yeah, I like it too. :)

screenpainter
10-24-2007, 09:27 PM
Cool style. I like it too. Very surreal.

uuderzo
10-25-2007, 04:37 AM
Thanks all.

I'll consider to differentiate clothes colors, even if my inital intent was to add a lot of decorative details on the monochrome cyan color (like old military clothes).

I think I'll add some distant birds too, more distant poles and a warmer sunlight.

Caesar
10-25-2007, 04:53 AM
Risultato assai suggestivo e piacevole! Niente a che vedere con il mitico Uderzo dei fumetti di Asterix? Pur essendo Caesar non avrei rancori! :lol:

A very evocative and pleasant result! Anything to do with the legendary Uderzo of Asterix comics? Although I'm Caesar I would have no rancours! :lol:

uuderzo
10-25-2007, 05:05 AM
Si e no. Diciamo un lontano parente. Ho avuto la fortuna di incontrarlo una volta.
Ma io disegno per diletto nel tempo libero e non sono un granche'. Mio fratello invece lo fa per lavoro.

Yes and no. Say a far relative. I was lucky to meet him once.
But I paint for pleasure in spare time and I'm not too good at it. My brother instead does it as a work.

Caesar
10-25-2007, 06:40 AM
Allora convinci anche tuo fratello per qualche opera AR! Un'altra ottima occasione per me di imparare! :D

Convince Your brother too to post some AR work then! Another very good opportunity for me to learn! :D

uuderzo
10-25-2007, 11:05 AM
Eheh, he is a Photoshop devoted...

But he owns also an ArtRage license. Maybe a day he will find the time to test it deeply. I hope.

For now you can have a look at some of his works:

http://www.extremefantasy.it/gallery-giochi-di-ruolo.php?di=33-creature-del-terrore-mostri-l-r#
http://www.extremefantasy.it/gallery-giochi-di-ruolo.php?di=34-creature-del-terrore-mostri-s-z-#

(Look for works of Andrea Uderzo).

Sigh... I realize that my work in progress is not comparable :oops:

Well, speaking about it, I added some details and colors but still something is missing. I wonder what can I do to get a "completion" of the image.

RobertSWade
10-25-2007, 01:12 PM
Art runs in the family I see. I like the additions to this one. :)

AndyRage
10-25-2007, 04:19 PM
Woah, this is progressing nicely!
I love the detail and the general feeling of solitude.

D Akey
10-25-2007, 04:54 PM
Nice work. :D :D :D

I love the red tennis shoes. It reminds me of someone.

uuderzo
10-29-2007, 11:17 AM
Added some details to the hairs, some mossy on the poles (very nice texture Andy!) and darkened the sky to enhance the moon(s) and to balance the overall lightning.

I think I've no more to tell about this picture... hope you like this final result!

D Akey
10-29-2007, 02:14 PM
Bravo! :D :D :D