PDA

View Full Version : Pastel Meadow

RobertSWade
10-20-2007, 03:39 PM
Two for your perusal and opinion. :)

DoodLS
10-20-2007, 05:39 PM
Lovely as allways. I like 1 the most (not too happy about the glitter in 2). DoodLS

sarjenius
10-20-2007, 09:01 PM
Exploring your hillside picture style? I really like that style and am exploring it myself besides my typical doodling. :?

I think you have pinned down a very impressionistic stlye. The first one especially. The second one doesn't fit (in my eyes) with the glitter in comparison to the rest of the brushmovements. But both are very nicely done. I like both. :D

D Akey
10-21-2007, 02:35 AM
Winderfully panterly.

There's a log of very good things that are happening in this one, not least of which is the patterny brush strokes have been toned down in favor of the subject. And theres a lot of harmonious variation.

Color's good to.

Makes for an interesting pic. :D :D :D

RobertSWade
10-21-2007, 06:02 AM
Appreciate the comments and agree that the glitter is not working. Thanks guys. :) Will move it to the main gallery.

maror
10-21-2007, 10:59 PM
very well done robert...

as said above, the glittereffects are not so nice....
weel i seems that i give always the same tip :P but try F5....

greez

John B
10-25-2007, 07:33 AM
Very nice impressionistic style, great color. Like 1 better also. My only suggestion would be to restate the tree trunks a little to indicate trees instead of big bushes. Very well done as usual. John B

Caesar
10-25-2007, 09:08 AM
They are both wonderful, Bob. The first one is pretty homogeneous.
The second one would be probably better because of near field definition through glitter, if the bushes on the middle field had not glitter. Some more delicate texture may be obtained perhaps from some metallic use and maybe a bit of light knife. :)

Rowena
10-29-2007, 01:26 AM
I love the first one!