PDA

View Full Version : Great for Children Illustrations...

turtlemock
06-03-2006, 03:50 AM
This is my first piece done in ArtRage2. With the exception of the background which I gave a slight motion blur (from the other paint program) it was done entirely in ArtRage2. The drawing came from one of my designs for a on-line training course to get kids ready for school. Although I would have vectorized the ink lines, The felt tip inking gave the whole painting a informal, innocent look.

The airbrush tool is very intutitive and is great for applying skin tones.

Great drawing program. :o

tony
06-03-2006, 04:13 AM
:)Hi and welcome. Wow, what an exceptional piece of work. Love the style adopted and the angle used. One can easily see that this is a picture produced by a professional person. Fantastic and look forward to seeing more of your work.Regards Tony :)

turtlemock
06-03-2006, 05:07 AM
Thanks! I plan on using ArtRage2 for more of my illustrations. My goal is to create illos entirely in ArtRage, but being in the graphic art industry I may incorporate it with my other apps. I am so glad I can exprt out to PhotoShop with laters. It seems to be made for a good tablet.

More art on the way.

8)

Fashmir
06-03-2006, 08:40 PM
turtlemock- This is awesome. I love seeing this kind of expression in illustration for kids. It is good to have your skill showing up here in the ArtRage forum. I hope to see more from you.

empty_chilli
06-03-2006, 10:56 PM
really graet!

It reminds me of the CD cover for The Offspring, Americana albulm, but, happier.

bleepnik
06-04-2006, 04:32 AM
Well, he just looks like he hasn't a care in the world, doesn't he? You've captured innocence beautifully, turtlemock. Welcome to the forums!

- Gita

turtlemock
06-04-2006, 01:01 PM
Er! Um! Actually he is a she but no matter. The angle really does not show the gender much expect for the hair which of course a lot of boys have. Still I enjoyed creating it.

THis pic is a tribute to childhood and summer.

Thanks for all the comments. Let me know some ArtRage tips too.

bleepnik
06-04-2006, 07:24 PM
*blush* Err.. umm... indeed. Oops. =]

.g

AndyRage
06-05-2006, 01:09 AM
Oh I guessed it was a girl - the face gave it away.
Welcome to the forums, turtlemock. That's an awesome illustration. It's a great style - the mix of soft shading on the block colour with the bold lines - fantastic stuff. It combines to an excellent overall effect. And it's a cute picture as well!

turtlemock
06-05-2006, 02:46 AM
Lol!

Actually JustG is not the only one who thought she was a he. My older brother is also a CG artist as well and I finally convinced him to buy a Wacom tablet and insisted on getting ArtRage2. Hope you all might see his stuff here as well.

Thanks for all the comments.

8)

AndyRage
06-05-2006, 10:09 AM
I think it's the cute nose...

ka
06-06-2006, 11:00 AM
hum you say it's a picture for children!!ok but behind the colors i feel something dangerous:this child goes to fast and the colors are crying i love this"fausse naiveté""see you ka

turtlemock
06-07-2006, 05:13 AM
Well, for me a summertime childhood always has a hint of danger if you look at it that way. I remember getting banged up a lot more in the summer than any other time.

My summers I always think of green hues.

Interesting.