PDA

View Full Version : Halloween house...

Taron
10-15-2007, 04:23 PM
Yet another halloween doodle, because I was in the mood for it. I had my friend, Kursad (Plecxus), around, who joined in a bit for the fun and for exchanging a few artrage experiences! 8)

Anyway, here it is... "Halloween house":

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/files/halloween_house_172.jpg

pai
10-15-2007, 04:28 PM
COOL~~ It's perfect for the creepy Halloween mood. :D

Taron
10-15-2007, 05:50 PM
Hihi, thanx. Just a doodle, really. I should just call it "sweet freedom", or so... ;)

jacktar51
10-16-2007, 09:36 AM
Hello Taron... you know I was going to like this because it is just my kind of picture...love it,great work mate, you got some good effects going in there.... Jack.

Bumble
10-16-2007, 09:38 AM
Great Stuff..... :D :D :twisted:

Nika
10-16-2007, 10:11 AM
Excellent work :)

Netti
10-16-2007, 10:25 AM
Awesome! Wow, I love it! :D

Excellent job!

RobertSWade
10-16-2007, 03:24 PM
Am I the only one who sees a crucifix scene?

Anyway, I like this on all levels. The colors, the lighting, the sky, the Disney-esque castle ...

Excellent "doodle".

Taron
10-16-2007, 04:49 PM
Haha, thanks, thanks, thanks, everyone! Awwww, I think I just do that to cash in on all the beautiful comments, haha! Very few things could be nicer than coming back home and filling up on such pleasant encouragements!

Robert: shhhhhh! :idea: 8)

Jack: ...without a pirat or sailboat? hihihi... ;) ...THANX!

screenpainter
10-16-2007, 05:08 PM
Very finely painted piece and oh so spooky. It is beyond spooky.
Love that swirling mass of chills in the air.

Caesar
10-16-2007, 10:42 PM
Dear Taron, You would be the Michelangelo in Halloween Country and get Jack Skeleton Prize!!! :lol: Am I wrong seeing an inspiration from the superb Nightmare Before Christamas animated movie? :D
Looking forward to see what You will cook in Your "magic pot" on fantasy subject!!! :lol:

Taron
10-17-2007, 04:45 AM
Hehee, thanx! :lol:

Nah, Jack Skeleton had simply been the perfect choice for a great piece of film history. As wonderful as that one is, it's also rather evil. It's as if one makes a singing easter bunny with a basket of eggs and now everyone would refer to this one as the reference for it.

Anyway, I understand and appreciate no less! Certainly has the theatrics, hihi. Thanx again! ;)

Taron
10-26-2007, 10:47 PM
Oh wow!!! Wow, wow, wow! I just tried out the Layer Export (holding down shift) to get color and bump layers individually! Then I took it into After Effects and finally got to try out my own filter "ZbornToy" on the artrage painting! Awesome! I'm gonna have so much fun with that!!! :D

Check it out... I mean, this is just a few second of hooking it up and switching on the lights, but wow... what a blast seeing the artrage painting in a NEW LIGHT, hahaha! :lol:

AndyRage
10-27-2007, 09:03 AM
Oooh, rockin'. That's a very cool effect with the bump maps!
Nice painting as well.

Caesar
10-28-2007, 02:53 AM
Taron, would You repeat dumb-proof, step-by-step what You did to get that cool effect (on a super work!!) pls? :)

viijei
10-28-2007, 08:44 AM
thats some excellent work

_Lady_Art_
10-28-2007, 08:48 AM
amazing work... :D :D :D

Selby
10-28-2007, 12:48 PM
yipes that is spooky :) i never knew a punkin could look that menacing :shock:

Selby

Taron
10-29-2007, 09:56 PM
Taron, would You repeat dumb-proof, step-by-step what You did to get that cool effect (on a super work!!) pls? :)

Hey Caesar,

I assume you are asking in regards to the lighting example (bigger picture)?! I've written an Adobe-After Effects filter that does interactive lighting of depth images and full rendering actually, including transparency and caustics and so forth... "ZbornToy". It's the first and only filter I'm actually selling, too, but it's such a speciality that it takes a long time for people to catch on to it. I'm loving it, of course, because I know what it can do, but well.... anyway, in terms of bringing artrage paintings to life it's SUPER easy!

Just save out the secret layer set by holding down shift, select your layer->export layers feature and save. It will save 4 images, whereby we'd only care about the first 2 (save as png and it will read: "image.png" and "image_bm.png"). Somehow after effects couldn't read the _bm as PSD...might be a funny setting in the format?!

Anyway, after that you only need to import those two images into After Effects, apply the zbornToy to the image_bm and chose the image as shading->color. Set the color mix up to 1.0 and you're almost done. Now you can use the light sources to your hearts content.

Check out my website www.taron.de and go into the Zborntoy banner. I've got a bunch of examples and tutorials there. Because of it's speciality and it's power in professional contexts it's not as cheap...but well.

However, I havn't meant to make this an advertising for something that most certainly won't catch on here anyway, hehehe, but well...you've asked for it! ;)

I think I would have little to no hesitation to put parts of it into artrage, if I was allowed to! 8)