PDA

View Full Version : Lord of The Rings

Caesar
10-07-2007, 07:21 AM
Going through the Celtic mood, here's a composition still to be completed, most likely with Sauron eye, perhaps a Nazgul and some secondary elements TBD to balance.
Comments to improve are welcome before it's too late! :)
As usual I did not use reference pictures, not even for Gandalf who, fortunately, is not a difficult "identikit" to remind! :wink:

_Lady_Art_
10-07-2007, 07:53 AM
wooow so amazing painting Caesar... :) Lord Of The Rings... :) I know Lord Of The Rings it's famous whole the world...but I didn't even watch Lord Of The Rings series movies...Did you work by chalk and oil paint together on this painting?

Caesar
10-07-2007, 08:24 AM
Not exactly Lady Art.Chalk only (and blending of course), except air brush touches on bush shadows. Now I'm starting with pencils for the figure.
We'll se it will end up. :?:

screenpainter
10-07-2007, 10:40 AM
Great start Caesar. Can't wait to see how you add your masterful touches to make it come alive. :D

Caesar
10-07-2007, 11:33 AM
Thank You for trusting in me even more than I do GZA. In the meanwhile I proceeded, but just a little bit. I forgot to say that there's also some glitter to simulate the pebbles and now the pencil for the face . The Modigliani stretching is due to the fact that taking the picture from my laptop to this desktop it changes becuase of different aspect ratio of the screens. Any suggestion to do better than correcting width by trial and error at the end?

Aunt_Betsy
10-07-2007, 12:10 PM
Great start Caesar! The face is brilliant! I looking forward to seeing it finished. :D

D Akey
10-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Coming together nicely! Like he is appearing in slow motion. :D :D :D

Wizards can do that if they want to make an entrance.

screenpainter
10-07-2007, 01:05 PM
Materializing out of thin air. :D
Splendid progression.
Perhaps you could add to the canvas on the left side.
I know this would entail more work, but then we might
see his hand resting on the entrance to one Bilbo Baggins humble hut and
complete the story of the piece.
:D
I just don't see any problem with any elongation at all. It is turning out
beautifully.

Caesar
10-08-2007, 02:35 AM
Thank You GZ. I do not know how to elongate quickly (i. e.) seamlessly paint the left elongation fast enough, so perhaps I should think of a smaller frame in case once other elements are there.
In any case a very good point Yours. Initially the two hands shold have been raised and the club flaming against a front dragon flying nazgul , but I could not do this without tinying too much Gandalf prospectically!
A conceptual mistake!

screenpainter
10-08-2007, 03:13 AM
It looks great Caesar. Not to worry.
Perhaps he is resting his hand on the outside of the hobbit hole,
and looking in at us. :D

Caesar
10-08-2007, 10:13 AM
Thank You Betsy and D Akey for trusting on a happy end! :D

Caesar
10-09-2007, 10:48 AM
A further step also considering GZ comment.