PDA

View Full Version : Path WIP

pai
10-03-2007, 05:52 PM
I think I'm addict to this WIP for the time being. Maybe a good place for me to see my own progress.

This is how I start my thought and then go on...

I start with the roller, then mostly oil and knife the rest.

pai
10-03-2007, 05:56 PM
Then I start adding colors and details. Up to this point is an hour work.

D Akey
10-03-2007, 06:06 PM
I would never guessed that the final came as a result of that beginning.

Absolutely time to rethink the tools for me. Never painted like that. But I see so many here who are producing such remarkable results got there this way.

Fantastic. What can I say?

Well done Pai and thanks for the lesson.

:D :D :D

pai
10-03-2007, 06:15 PM
Thanks D Akey for looking in. :)

Since I'm not good in drawing :oops: (actually I'm practising that's why I want to do this WIP). It's all in my mind. Sky, tree, path...and then just keep imagining how I want in the painting to be (more is I'm getting my feeling into it) ...then keep adding color and movement. It's not finish yet. At least my mind hasn't stopped in this painting.

RobertSWade
10-03-2007, 06:27 PM
Wow Pai. Your process is as amazing as your final products.

Nickillus
10-03-2007, 08:00 PM
Nice to see the process Pai. Great fluidity to it, with beautiful colour subtleties emerging on the way.

Caesar
10-03-2007, 08:49 PM
Great start for a WIP! We'll see where this will "lead" You and us with You.

pai
10-04-2007, 01:05 PM
Thanks Bob, Nickillus and Caesar for looking in.

I'm inspired by people in this WIP section. :) Actually everytime I start out the painting differently and it will keep changing along the way I paint. It's just like this one I've changed the sky again. :lol: :lol:

D Akey
10-04-2007, 01:20 PM
Has a more contemporary feel than the other, even though it's not that different. The previous one had some umber kind of color in the clouds that make me think of old oil paintings with varnish and felt just a little earthier.

This is more atmospheric and benevolent feeling -- like a harmony between the heavens and the earth, between the male and female principles blending together, as in old Chinese philosophical references.

It's more natural for the sky to come down to earth than the earth to go into the heavens. etc etc. . .

And my comments come merely from having the paintings side by side for comparison. I would not have come up with that seeing one or the other only.

Nice turn you took with this one.

Feels fresh.

pai
10-04-2007, 06:13 PM
Thanks D Akey for the input. :D Yes, I found it the sky change the whole feeling as you said more in present time. I think I'm finished for this one I'm not sure what else can I add to it. It's another experiment for me. :)

Nika
10-05-2007, 01:30 AM
Amazing, Pai :)

pai
10-05-2007, 04:05 PM
Thank you, Nika. :D

_Lady_Art_
10-05-2007, 08:18 PM
so wonderful painting and lesson pai... :) before I complete my paintings I use paint roll to make my background and then if I want to make a tree or flower round on canvas I draw those by pencil then firstly I paint by chalk and after then I paint by oil paint to close chalk and pencil... cause when I only draw directly by oil paint while the canvas background has got paint roll...so oil paints spoiling you know mixing each other...but...you directly paint just by oil paint by random...this is so good idea...sometimes all of us want to make by random their paintings...this could be useful for all of us... thanks so much to showing and teaching... :)

best wishes from Turkey... :)
...and...
best works and paintings to you... :) :wink:

pai
10-05-2007, 10:08 PM
Thank you, Lady Art. I'm glad you find a little bit helpful to you. I'm still learning too. :)

screenpainter
10-05-2007, 10:26 PM
Beautiful work Pai. Wonderful to see the stages.

DoodLS
10-06-2007, 07:35 AM
Hi Pai. This is a great WIP display. I am amazed how your image seems to grow out of nothing. Very interesting and inspirational.

But I must admit I like land_WIP_14.jpg the most. That yellow path - is has a high level of intensity and seems so well balanced with the tree/grass and the loosely defined trees/fog in the background. Beauty.
- DoodLS