PDA

View Full Version : ArtRage reviews in magazines.

AndyRage
09-28-2007, 11:39 AM
I'll use this thread to post 'cuttings' from physical magazines about ArtRage.
You get to see all the reasons why you made a great decision to shell-out your hard-earned cash for ArtRage :)

AndyRage
09-28-2007, 11:42 AM
ArtRage 2.5 in ImagineFX magazine.
And whose handsome face is that in the Artist review column??

ArtRage Scores: 4.5 / 5.

Overall comment: “As well as being extremely useful for creating natural media elements and complete paintings, this is a fun tool and a great buy for any digital artist."

AndyRage
09-28-2007, 11:48 AM
Computer Arts magazine:

ArtRage scores 5/5 and gets the Computer Arts ‘Recommended’ award.

Overall verdict: “As well as being extremely useful for creating natural media elements and complete paintings, this is a fun tool and a great buy for any digital artist."

AndyRage
09-28-2007, 11:49 AM
Advanced Photoshop magazine:

ArtRage scores 4/5.

Overall comment:“Fun but at times, can seem limited in options compared to Photoshop. However, it’s single-minded approach to application makes the applied media options and stylish working area a real pleasure to use”.

AndyRage
09-28-2007, 11:50 AM
PC Answers magazine:

ArtRage scored 88% and received the PC Answers ‘value award’.

Overall comment: “Powerful painting fun at an attractive price”.

AndyRage
09-28-2007, 11:53 AM
MacFormat magazine:

ArtRage scores 5/5 and gets the Macformat ‘Choice’ award.

Overall comment: “It can’t match Painter’s richness or media realism, but it’s accessible, fun and phenomenal value”

AndyRage, being a true-blue, gumboot-wearing New Zealander (pronounced NuZillnda) says: "Choice!"

AndyRage
09-28-2007, 11:55 AM
MacWorld magazine:

ArtRage 2.5 scores 4/5.

Overall comment: If your artistic aspirations veer towards enthusiast rather than pro, then ArtRage 2.5 is for you. Cheap, intuitive and fun, it’s the ideal bridge between traditional pen and paint and working digitally. Perfect for beginners and the young, if you do out grow its limitations you will at least have built a firm foundation from which to move on.

AndyRage
09-28-2007, 11:57 AM
MacUser magazine:

ArtRage 2.5 scores 4/5

screenpainter
09-28-2007, 05:19 PM
Awesome reviews... congrats!

To get four mice from macworld really is great.
The highest they give most times is 4.5... they sort of figure that nothing is perfect. A four means an excellent product... buy it in Macworld.

5 out of 5 for Computer Arts is Fantastic!

Fashmir
09-28-2007, 05:52 PM
ArtRage 2.5 in ImagineFX magazine.
And whose handsome face is that in the Artist review column??

[In my best southern belle accent] Why Ayandeee, the things you say. Why Ah declaya Ah'm blushing fit 't burn my eayas off. :lol: BTW I didn't actually get a magazine from them. Did they print "The March Hare's Arrival"? That was the plan last time I talked to them.

ENCHANTER
09-28-2007, 08:03 PM
AS one reviewer said
"A rare gem"
:D

ailime
11-05-2007, 04:35 AM
Woot for Art Rage 2 - it does deserve the best critiques and awards !! :D It's user friendly yet both the professional and the beginner can achieve a great deal of success while having the fun they both seek for.

AndyRage
11-07-2007, 11:46 AM
Computer Buyer:
ArtRage 2.5 scores 5/5 and wins the ‘best buy’ award.

AndyRage
11-07-2007, 11:49 AM
MicroMart Magazine:

ArtRage 2.5 scores 9/10.

Netti
12-27-2007, 05:10 PM
Congrats! Whoot! I wouldn't dream about using anything but ArtRage. You really have done it guys, it's a fantastic program!

AndyRage
01-29-2008, 12:05 PM
Nice online review of ArtRage at MacApper:
http://macapper.com/2008/01/28/artrage-video-review-and-giveaway/

screenpainter
01-29-2008, 01:07 PM
Wow, he did a simply great job on the presentation. Thanks for sharing. :D

akita96th
03-10-2008, 09:51 AM
ArtRage is great when you want to whip up something quick and simple or maby take more time for extra details..I personaly use it in conjunction with photoshop and adobe flash CS3 ..having all 3 programs gives me the flexability to create whatever I need for a project..I create the basic painting in artrage add whatever text I need for it in photoshop ..Then I take it to flash for finalizing so I can add nice borders or even animation..
The sky is the limit and your imagination...ArtRage is a thumbs up application...Best money I ever spent...

Tony D
www.flashwrkz.com

D Akey
03-10-2008, 10:33 AM
How cool is that. And he barely scratched the surface. . . well he smudged it a bit, heh.

Very nice presentation. Congrats!

Hope it brings in come customers.

AndyRage
03-28-2008, 11:03 AM
ArtRage review on Mac|Life.com
http://www.maclife.com/article/artrage_2_5_9

Alexandra
08-03-2009, 10:56 PM
I am just now getting to this post. I was so thrilled when I found AR on the internet. Great job Andy-and thanks to all the creators. I find it the most user friendly software that I have used.
I have to say to Fashmir-I had the biggest laugh over your southern translation and expression. Originally an AF brat at growing up in Germany, Phillipines, and Colorado, then settling in Georgia-I am afraid that some of the dialect has rubbed "offa mea byat" -but after all these years here-I am still asked if I am a "damned yankee." (all in fun here-no offense intended):D:):D
Much love to all!:)

StephenFoster
09-17-2009, 11:23 PM
I only found out about it because it came with my Wacom.

I sware that if I didnt know the price I would still think its the bees knees.

The User Interface is about as good as it gets, simple for the newbie and not getting in the way as you progress. If I ran a magazine It would be 9.9/10

screenpainter
11-10-2009, 02:17 PM
Gee, I guess that would make Painter about a 5.0 then.

Someonesane
11-10-2009, 06:42 PM
The review was of the free version of 2.5.... that could be why the marks are lower. I just don't see the point of reviewing it now??

They reviewed the free version? That really doesn't make much sense at all. They're missing half of what the true version can really do. If you think about it, if the Started edition received a 7 from them and it's missing half the features the full version allows, then a score from them on the full version could likely add up to twice the score they gave. If that were the case, the full version would score off the charts. :D

Aged P
11-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Hi Guys,

Maybe they're changing the name of the magazine from Corel Painter, so they'll have more than 2 or 3 subscribers after ArtRage V3 launches?:):):):)

Phil

lasikeyes
11-19-2009, 03:39 AM
Advanced Photoshop magazine:

ArtRage scores 4/5.

Overall comment:“Fun but at times, can seem limited in options compared to Photoshop. However, it’s single-minded approach to application makes the applied media options and stylish working area a real pleasure to use”.

:) thanks for inforamation:)

Nickillus
11-23-2009, 04:58 AM
Hi Guys,

Maybe they're changing the name of the magazine from Corel Painter, so they'll have more than 2 or 3 subscribers after ArtRage V3 launches?:):):):)

Phil

Ha- that's funny. The just announced a magazine name change. I do subscribe, for my sins (having used Painter since version 5). I'm hoping that it becomes a more wide ranging mag, which seems to be the implication in the announcement.
Lame to review AR2.5 free at this stage though. They need to keep up. At least they didn't just use the opportunity to slate it. I do think their hearts are in the right place.

AndyRage
01-13-2010, 02:52 PM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/technology/news/article.cfm?c_id=5&objectid=10619919

Not so much a review, but a nice article all the same.

Flynn_the_Cat
01-13-2010, 10:47 PM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/technology/news/article.cfm?c_id=5&objectid=10619919

Not so much a review, but a nice article all the same.

Dammit. You beat me to it! :D

kenmo
01-28-2010, 03:39 AM
Just recieved an e-mail from Bob Nolin's Digital Magazine e-mail group. There's an AR review in his digital mag....

http://www.digitalimagemagazine.com/blog/

kenmo
05-06-2010, 04:53 AM
Anyone catch issue #5 of Digital Artist?

There's a great watercolor tutorial using ArtRage by the very talented John Hodgson....who posts on our forum....

ivanatwork
09-30-2010, 06:54 AM
Great !
Now I have to learn ArtRage well LOL

Bobbyray
02-22-2013, 10:58 AM
http://www.digitalartsonline.co.uk/news/interactive-design/artrage-4-allows-digital-painting-using-windows-8-multi-touch/

kenmo
02-22-2013, 11:53 AM
Good read...many thanks for sharing... Never realized the fill tool now allows for gradients...

Bobbyray
03-13-2013, 03:30 AM
http://www.petillant.com/article280.html

Article on ArtRage 2.6 (in FRENCH).....

Orkhan
03-26-2013, 12:02 PM
Illustrator Nick Harris give a hint on ArtRage in his article about creative processes in SketchBook Pro.

Orkhan
03-26-2013, 12:31 PM
In the Letters section ArtRage is recomended by editor Ian Dean, alongside SketchBook Pro, as "brilliant, simple but deep packages te get start with", to a fresh starting digital artist.
Also reference to ArtRage in tips section, link here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVVBareM29w)
Also mentioned in Artist Portofolio of Arthur Bozonnet, as used software, alongside Photoshop

Victor Osaka
04-14-2014, 07:47 PM
Though I am still new to ArtRage I gave it a big thumbs up in a recent workshop given to my fellow teachers at Santa Monica College. The topic was the iPad stylus and I talked about and demonstrated a bunch of stylus from Nomad Brush's Compose to the Wacom Intuos Creative Stylus.

I could not keep myself from gushing about ArtRage. I showed my handful of paintings and let attendees play with ArtRage.