PDA

View Full Version : Tree(which background)wip

Bumble
09-27-2007, 12:53 PM
I started this a few days ago...didn't have the time to return to it until today(my four kids keeping me very busy at the moment :lol: :roll: )
Was in a totally different mood from when I started it.......and decided to change the sky. I can't decide if that was a good idea or not????

screenpainter
09-27-2007, 01:27 PM
Both are beautiful.
It will be interesting to see how you develop the lighting on the tree.

RobertSWade
09-27-2007, 01:34 PM
Six of one, half dozen of the other. I'll sit on my hands. There's a lot good to be said of both. :)

dawalrus
09-27-2007, 02:22 PM
I'm afraid I have to agree. Both have interesting stories to tell. The first has that airy warm spring breeze feel while the stormy b/g catches that re- emergence of sunlight after a spring shower. I almost want to turn around and look for the rainbow. Excellent as always "B".

Paul

ENCHANTER
09-28-2007, 07:18 AM
WOW!
I think everything gels in the first pic....the second one...i think the lighting is a bit off.....but thats My opinion Bumble.........both are fantastic :D

DoodLS
09-28-2007, 07:38 AM
I think the first one is the best. But it's amazing how much a different background changes the initial catch. DoodLS

Rick
09-28-2007, 08:34 AM
Gotta go with the first one.. But both are very good..

pai
09-28-2007, 09:36 AM
It's already a very beautiful start. I love them. :) As others have mentioned before, both versions give different atmostphere and really depends on what you're going to add in the painting.

Bumble
09-28-2007, 11:03 AM
Thank you very much everyone for your comments....done some more on the first version..probably will end up doing both versions :lol:

Rowena
09-29-2007, 09:33 AM
Hi Bumble,

I'm so glad to see your paintings again! :D :D

Its a such lovely tree you have painted and I love what you've done with the spring leaves.
Another thing which amazed me was the grass!!! :shock:
Its one of the things I really struggle with, and yours looks so realistic!

Any tips on how to do realistic grass painting? :D

Bumble
09-29-2007, 10:24 AM
Thanks Rowena...I'm glad you like it. I used the glitter tool on a very small setting for the grass on top of a base layer of oils different shades of green blended then I used the brush very thin to do odd blades of grass coming out of the top....took me awhile to get it to look right :lol:
Done some more..... :D :D

Bumble
09-30-2007, 08:35 AM
Done some work on the other version.... :D :D I would like to thank Enchanter very much for the help he gave me with the lighting on this one :D :D Thanks Enchanter :D :D

ENCHANTER
09-30-2007, 11:23 AM
:oops: Im sure you could have got their by yourself :D
I think this is indescribly beautiful (is there such a thing?)
for some reason I love stormy skies.....maybe I was born in a storm :roll: :D

Bumble
09-30-2007, 11:44 AM
Thanks Enchanter :D :D :D
I have done a little more..... :lol:

jacktar51
10-01-2007, 11:03 PM
Wow...I hadnt seen this WIP page of yours Bumble, I saw your picture in the main Gallery. but didnt know you had two versions going at the same time, love the bright sky, but there is something special about the darker skies picture, there I am with Bob, something about a stormy sky. the trees blossom looks nicer too against a dark backdrop, I Imagine a mummy rabbit with two babies playing under that tree, great grasses under there by the way, you got that very well done, I would like to see a little more in the darker sky picture, I know that you can finish off once a little more has been added,keep going its looking really good....Jack.

Jon
10-05-2007, 10:23 AM
The mood in that dark one is very good!

Bumble
11-19-2007, 05:07 PM
Thanks Jon..... :D :D
Another Season...not sure about the colours....thought I'd see what you think :lol: :lol: This is very much a Work in progress..... :oops: :lol:

ENCHANTER
11-20-2007, 03:11 AM
a wintersun set or sunrise........beautiful :D

alildevil
12-21-2007, 09:35 PM
Id say that I prefer the darker one, just seems to draw me more to it.

FurrTrap
12-23-2007, 03:52 AM
Both beautifully painted, wonderful expression in the sky, flowers, tree and grass. Both enchanting with their quite distinct moods.

The only thing I'd say just from a personal POV is that the main body of the tree is quite dark in comparison to the rest of the scene. This may be a definite effect that you want to achieve however.

The Spring one is charming and the moody darker one holds quite a lot of charismatic tension.

More power to your pixels :D

Twig
12-24-2007, 07:25 PM
I like the stormy tree the best. And the winter tree has quite a nice feel. Like a sunrise on a calm December morning. Good colour choice in my opinion.