PDA

View Full Version : wip.. RED SLEEVE

jimandersonz
09-27-2007, 10:07 AM
taking a path ive adopted from tinzo (no layering).. still needs modeling and smoothing and cropping and detail work.

screenpainter
09-27-2007, 01:21 PM
Looks to be fantastic when finished. What a great portrait.

RobertSWade
09-27-2007, 01:36 PM
Looking good James. :)

tinzo
09-27-2007, 08:50 PM
Nice one Jim, great start to this work. :lol:

D Akey
09-28-2007, 02:21 AM
Has sort of a Renaissance quality. I half expect him to be surrounded by books and charts and a globe. It's the outfit for sure, not counting the beads around the neck and so on. I'm not saying that is as a result of your painting.

To see this guy dressed this way had to stand out in his own time. Red Sleeve had to have been imminently recognizable in a crowd. Sort of the Tom Woolfe of his day, who dresses in white suits as a signature.

Either he was just that tough that nobody would mess with him, or he was beloved or protected in some way and wanted to not be confused with somebody else. Or he was flat out eccentric.

As for the painting, it's looking great. I think you got the face and so forth pretty good.

Nice one.
:D

ENCHANTER
09-28-2007, 07:19 AM
excellent :D

jimandersonz
09-28-2007, 09:28 AM
thanks everyone for your comments,, D Akey, renaissance man? maybe so. wanting to stand out? absolutely! i guess the artist paints how he sees himself even in subjects he takes out of historical archives. ha ha, i cant deny that. i suppose all portraits might be considered self-portraits.

jacktar51
10-01-2007, 11:06 PM
This is really good JIm...well done mate,you did a brilliant job here.... Jack.