PDA

View Full Version : Selbys imagination station

Pages : 1 [2]

D Akey
08-02-2007, 11:13 AM
Wow. Best batten down the hatches.

The apartment owners are lucky to have you guys as a form of gale insurance. Should be paying you to hang onto the roof handles, keep it from blowing away to Oz.

You stay snug and dry young lady. And be good to Todo too.

Selby
08-02-2007, 11:30 AM
well im being good to pudda...does that count? the cat in its enthusiasm is getting through 5 cans of cat food most days and spending his retirement mostly sitting on a plush blue blankie being lord of all he surveys.....as for holding on the roof...a great idea :!: maybe they will give me a subsidised rent for that :D

Selby
08-02-2007, 11:55 AM
ok nothing like jumping in to learn to swim right :?: :!: soa few quick sketches to get the cramps out of my creativity

Selby
08-02-2007, 11:58 AM

RobertSWade
08-02-2007, 12:40 PM
I especially like Magnolia, Straight Up and the two stencil thingies. Looks like you're back with a vengance. Cool!

Selby
08-02-2007, 04:36 PM
thanks Robert :D ....yep i decided total artmersion was the answer :D

felfish
08-02-2007, 06:04 PM
stenciltastic is cool and i like the squigglyness of the lines on the cat drawings (hope the mouse got away.) the scary dude with missing teeth with the beaker full of bubbling green stuff...
you could make a series of the squiggly line cats-

Selby
08-02-2007, 07:39 PM
thanks felfish :D ya i could do a cat series...makes it easy when you have a live in model who works for cat chow :D...if only all models worked so cheap :wink: :lol:

ÄlveKatt
08-02-2007, 10:43 PM
You really have a way of giving your fast sketches elegance.

The stenciltastic one really appelas to me. Is it made only with the stencils that come with Artrage or did you make custom stencils? If you managed to compose that with just the standard Artrage stencils you get even more awe from me!

Selby
08-03-2007, 01:45 PM
Thanks ÄlveKatt-glad you liked the sketches.

for the stencil one-just the stencils that come with art rage :D I used two frenchcurves for the "petals" (overlapped) and inverted them and them used them the right way out and then a different french curve inverted for the stem with a ruler to mask the top off

Selby

mehran
08-03-2007, 07:10 PM
that moagnolialike piece is really pretty..I like the colors on that one.... keep up the good work...
cheers

screenpainter
08-04-2007, 05:52 AM
I was just looking at your cat sketch doodle today in "the paint my cat" thread. It was amazing how you appeared to have walked away with the prize there for what you called a quick doodle. Still one of my all time favorites.

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=166&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

pai
08-04-2007, 03:11 PM
Hi Selby,

Nice gallery. You've a unique style. Like your simple sketches. They're so cute especially the cat sketches. I like the Magnolia tree. Beautiful. :D

Selby
08-05-2007, 01:17 PM
thanks Mehran :D glad you like the magnoilalike...was a fun one to play in.

Gzairborne thanyou :D a wonderful compliment

Pai thanks :D glad you liike my sketches and magnolia..its a nice thing on this forum that people appreciate art of all styles...not like in some art classes ive taken :?

Selby

D Akey
08-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Still having the time of my life when I come to visit. Your stuff is really creative. Now that you got your liquor license, and you're serving martinis, maybe you can add a buffet with nachos and buffalo wings and we'll have the happiest hour ever here at the ArtRage Watering Hole.

:P :lol:

Selby
11-11-2007, 10:23 AM
sounds great DAkey :D I'll start making some guacamole for the Nachos now.

Selby

Selby
11-11-2007, 10:33 AM
In September I had to say goodbye to a good friend of 13 years Pudda (my cat).He got really ill very fast and had to be put to sleep. Been finding it hard creatively to do stuff since then,my heart has been sad and i miss my furry cheerleader terribly, so here are some quick sketches in memory of my good friend to get the ball rolling again.

Selby

D Akey
11-11-2007, 10:37 AM
The amazing adventures of Pudda!

This would accompany a nice witty kitty around the house style story with a James Thurber kind of feel.

:D :D :D

Selby
11-11-2007, 10:41 AM

Selby
11-11-2007, 10:44 AM

Selby
11-11-2007, 10:54 AM
thanks DAkey :D both for the kind words and for introducing me to James Thurber..rather prolific fellow wasnt he? (and an interesting life story) I shall be happy if im half that productive :D

Selby

Peter Pinckney
11-11-2007, 11:02 AM
Bon Courage Selby.......................maybe after some time you'll find a new friend...................I remember when my first cat died I found an ad where someone was giving kittens away and I ended up with two!!

Keep painting!

D Akey
11-11-2007, 11:08 AM
Oh, wow. I missed that about Pudda not being with us any more. Peter said it well. New fuzzy friends are good too.

Selby
11-11-2007, 11:17 AM
yes i look forward to a new furball one day :D might need to wait till we move to a different place though..hehe it was one thing having a stately old fellow in a second floor apartment but a kitten would be mayhem :shock:

I keep painting just needed a little push to get going :D

Selby

screenpainter
11-11-2007, 05:35 PM
wow, your sketches are fun and playful Selby. Simple but they seem to capture the entire expressiveness. Have you thought about the fact that they would make stencils too? What fun. :D

Selby
11-11-2007, 06:39 PM
thanks gz :D no i hadnt thought of the stencil idea..i was forgetting we could do that...it would be fun :)

Selby

RobertSWade
11-11-2007, 07:08 PM
I know your pain Selby. I recently lost a dog to a car.
The sketches are a wonderful tribute to your long time friend.

Selby
11-11-2007, 09:15 PM
thanks Robert :) I wanted to do something to remember...kept thinking of rather finished stuff and being intimidated as its not my strength.. but these in the end show him for his best fluid and gracefull and lively and a thousand moods ,which doing just one piece would not have done justice to.

sorry to hear you lost a good friend too recently..its hard being the one left behind .

Selby

Selby
11-11-2007, 10:23 PM
ok it was time to push oneself outside the comfortable place of doing what im used to...so i had a go at Bumbles great sky tutorial and these are the results.

Selby

pai
11-11-2007, 10:59 PM
I really like how you sketch Pudda's life. Just love them. They all show memories there. And you're doing an excellent job in the Bumble's sky. I guess we can see some more coming. :D

Selby
11-12-2007, 12:42 AM
thanks Pai :D yes spending 13 years with Pudda gave many happy memories to draw...ive had other friends who werent nearly so steadfast :shock: :wink:

hehe yep the skys the limit as they say and now ive tried that the door is open to play with other adventures...maybe next i can do land and then next thing ya know ill have a landscape hehe:lol: what can i say these innovations dont come fast to all.

Selby

Nika
11-12-2007, 01:21 AM
Very nice sketches full of life. :)
The sky 's beautiful. :)

Peter Pinckney
11-12-2007, 01:41 AM
The sky is beautiful Selby! And we all have our own pace......tortoise and hare? Tortoise won!LOL!

ENCHANTER
11-12-2007, 02:59 AM
IM SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT PUDDA.....I HAVENT BEEN ON HERE MUCH...... :cry:

RobertSWade
11-12-2007, 07:32 AM
Your skies are dynamite Selby. :)

Bumble
11-12-2007, 08:19 AM
I love the kitty sketches...and wonderful job on the skies, Excellent :D :D

Selby
11-12-2007, 12:07 PM
thanks Nika :D it is a great compliment if you can see the life i try to capture with only a few lines.

thanks Peter :D hehe :lol: :) :lol: yep slow and steady thats me.

thanks Enchanter..have missed seeing your cheerful face around here :) hopefully we will find more time to play here soon its such a nice playground play at..besides i always find i work better at other things if i know i have good playtime scheduled in.

thanks Robert :D i was pretty happy especially for a first try at something so different to my default simple line style

thanks Bumble :D ..well you know i did have an excellent tutor on the sky work you should look her up she really is exceptional :D

Selby

ENCHANTER
11-12-2007, 01:41 PM
Hi SElby.......ive ahd a few days where i can sit down at the pc and paint.......(make that a few early mornings)......im working on something at the mo.......a bit rusty though.......havent painted for 3 months.......

see you in the playground :D

ClaraG
11-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Lovely Selby...it looks like a surreal landscape. :)

screenpainter
11-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Those are beautiful Selby.

(Yes, Bumble there is an excellent tutorial on skies. You should try it.) :D

Selby
11-12-2007, 03:40 PM
Enchanter-cant wait to see the results of playtime :)

Thanks Clara :D ...could be the land where dreams are born? :D

Hi GZ -thanks for looking..glad you like :)

Selby

hinket
11-12-2007, 06:30 PM
Hey Selby,

Made me kind of sad to see your beautiful and expressive drawings of Pudda, and to know he was no longer with you. :(

And to change the topic - nice skies! (I really gotta to find the time to practice Bumble's tutorial also).

Selby
11-12-2007, 07:12 PM
hiya Hinket-it is the beauty of art when one can touch anothers heart :) thanks for your kind thoughts.

as for the skies go forth and try em i say i had heaps of fun giving them a go :D

Selby

Levent Suberk
11-15-2007, 02:55 AM
All are very beautiful, dear Selby.

barnburner
11-15-2007, 03:44 AM
Very nice gallery Selby. Losing a pet is always difficult, as they quickly become part of the family. Hope your artwork serves as a healing agent.

Selby
12-21-2007, 10:52 AM
thanks Levent and Barnburner-sorry i missed your replies ive been a bit snowed under with one thing and another

Levent -glad you liked :D

Barnburner- yep he sure was family..dont know how some people have pets and dont find it so. your right my art is helping with the healing.

Selby

Selby
12-21-2007, 10:55 AM
late last night i remembered a comp which was closing at 1am my time to win a cintique from wacom asia pacific.

I put an entry together quickly using one of my attempts at bumble skies and although i wasnt completely happy i thought you might like to see what i did.

the theme was thank you and the dimensions were set but all else was left open in the brief.

Selby

EB
12-21-2007, 02:20 PM
May you always do well in the competition!

RobertSWade
12-21-2007, 03:23 PM
That's one agile little airplane. :) Love the sky.

D Akey
12-21-2007, 09:02 PM
Selby, you are like the Florence Nightengale of the skies, with your Red Cross on high.

Thank you, dear lady. You've got that healing energy and compassion for all on different levels, methinks.

Nika
12-22-2007, 02:19 AM
What a lovely image! :)

Caesar
12-22-2007, 03:34 AM
These are among the skyes I like the most and the colours I tend to paint too on them!!! Brava!!! 8)

Selby
12-22-2007, 11:30 AM
thanks EB :D

thanks Robert :D

D'Akey you always make me smile :D thankyou (just what i needed today)

thanks Nika glad you like :D

thanks Ceasar,fair skies and good painting my friend :D

Selby

waheednasir
12-23-2007, 03:54 AM
uve got a very interesting thread to go thru, i always enjoy the trip...:), keep going.

merry christmas.

Selby
12-26-2007, 11:28 AM
thanks waheed :D a merry christmas to you also and im glad to know you like my thread :) its nice to know that others enjoy my playings.

Selby

Rowena
12-27-2007, 12:06 AM
Such wonderful creative work Selby! :D :D

I really enjoyed my browse through all your unique and imaginative work.
Fine stuff!! :D :D

Selby
12-27-2007, 10:41 AM
thanks Rowena :oops: :D glad you liked.

Selby

Miffle
12-27-2007, 01:45 PM
Why hello there Selby!

Just swinging by to say thanks for the comment and I really like the sketch pudm8.png I know how hard it is to lose the bloody animals, two of my childhood dachsunds died of old age and I sitll remember it now

You've got a fludity which I can only get on paper, its very creative

rmmr1218
12-27-2007, 01:49 PM
looks like im seeing boreal aurora! :)

Selby
12-27-2007, 03:36 PM
thanks Miffle :D ..loosing pets is always so very hard...but i also think its what makes it worthwile..to love someone so much you really miss em when they are gone

sketchiing on the puter didnt coe easy at first - i would draw left handed in real media(my correct hand) and then scan and redraw with the mouse...its much easier these days using a tablet so i can use my correct hand.

rmmr1218 :D thanks glad you like the lights

Selby

Netti
12-28-2007, 04:15 AM
scarydude :lol:

Great paintings! This is a very fun gallery. I love your clouds, cats, drawings, everything!

Selby
12-28-2007, 12:17 PM
thanks Netti :D glad you like this playground where my imagination comes to run freely about

Selby

D Akey
01-08-2008, 10:37 PM
I have been looking and waiting for an opportunity to comment on your new avatar and it just never appeared.

What a beautiful face! Many was the time I looked at your old avatar and wondered what you actually looked like. It was like seeing a possibly very beautiful girl in a crowd and wishing she would turn my way so I could get a better look at her. . .

And you finally did and I'm elated.

Thank you so much for that. You've always represented dearness and have been a bright support to all through your sweet posts.

Thank you so very much.

I'm going to try hollering from the opposite ends of the Earth. Go outside and see if you can hear me: "YOU'RE CUTE!!!!"

Caesar
01-08-2008, 10:48 PM
Dear DA, You're certainly a great ladies' appraiser!! :wink:
Not to interfere, but I would agree, and participate as Your esquire to Your courtly poem, Sir DA. More modestly I noticed her too and found a a very interesting and classic aspect on an old statue inspired to Selby (do You remember). The curls, shoulder ... much of a classic beauty, isn't it? :shock:
Homages, domina Selby! :)

Selby
01-09-2008, 10:51 AM
thanks D'Akey and Ceasar :oops: :D its nice to be made special by my friends here :) and as for your gracious offer to holler praise from the far ends of the earth, what lady could resist, dashing fellows i shall repair to the balcony at once :wink: :D

...thanks both for making my heart smile.just what i needed today. Sorry i havent given you any more chance to visit my gallery recently...have not quite had the heart to paint recently but i hope to find the will to do some very soon.

Selby

Selby
06-26-2008, 07:02 PM
hello movers and shakers...ok with some trepidation after a long time of no creating i dip my toes back in the paint:).

For your perusal i have planter...a planter box in my courtyard that is growing nastursums(or however you spell those thingies) and marigolds and alsyms...they are all little which is why there arent any flowers yet:)

and a cartoonish sort of a fish

Selby

Caesar
06-26-2008, 08:37 PM
Hi Selby! Nice to have You back into the battlefield with Your war painting and a couple of nice pieces!

Selby
06-27-2008, 12:18 AM
ya i return to fight the good brush fight:)

Selby
04-24-2011, 09:45 AM
too long I havent been in here...soon I hope to have some new work to add:)

screenpainter
04-24-2011, 10:02 AM
Hello Selby. now there's a name from the archives of artrage forum history. :) good to see you again. you were pretty much here at the beginning of this forum I would guess... yes? would love to see pics of that beautiful baby and hope you are all well and happy and doing great!

Peter Pinckney
04-24-2011, 10:14 AM
Echoing what Caesar and Albert have said ..... it REALLY is good to see you back Dear Selby!:):):):):):):):):):):)

Alexandra
04-24-2011, 01:34 PM
Hi Selby, best wishes for Easter for you and your family!

byroncallas
04-24-2011, 05:42 PM
Selby - hey - a reemergence - I'm sure everyone awaits your next appearance in paint. :):):):)

coops
04-25-2011, 01:01 AM
Good to see you again Selby and a Happy Easter to you and your family:)

waheednasir
04-25-2011, 07:05 PM
good seeing u around Selby..:). nice work on the fish, it would be good if u turn it into a finished piece.

Selby
05-03-2011, 06:05 PM
thankyou all dear friends...lovely to be so warmly welcomed home after such a long time absent asd I shake the road dust from my coat and hang it once again in these hallowed halls.

Im soon to start work on a collaborative hopefully one day selfpublished picture book project with a friend so Im planing to share some of that journey here.:)

Selby
05-03-2011, 06:11 PM
As requested a photo of my baby... well now my 15 month old toddler, Tristan and I on our vigourous daily walk in the local parklands.

Caesar
05-03-2011, 09:39 PM
It looks like Your number one masterpiece with a legendary name is an absolutely beautiful baby and, as far as I can see, much alike to his mom!:)
Warmest congratulations and watch, now that he just started walking, is the period to be the most anxiously careful .... worries almost killed me in those days (when I always had to be ready to dive like a goalkeeper to catch them out of some trouble) and it happened twice (I've got two).:D Kidding.

screenpainter
05-03-2011, 10:58 PM
what a beautiful baby girl and wow what a smile. what a joy that must be.
after four daughters I vaguely remember. :) adorable pic Selby.

Alexandra
05-04-2011, 09:54 AM
What a beautiful photograph Selby, beautiful Mom and baby!

Peter Pinckney
05-04-2011, 10:09 AM
Speechless...............................

:):):):):):):):):):):):):)

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

I have four children and five grandchildren and the moments portrayed in your photo are priceless Selby.

Selby
06-04-2011, 06:15 AM
ok time to dip my toes back in the water- I think this is nearly the first ive really done any attempt at artplay since my son was born:)

very shaky beginnings but with practice i hope it shall return confidence to my hands soon.

D Akey
06-04-2011, 07:01 AM
SELBYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How ya doin', kid? er. . . what I mean to say is "How is your kid doin'?" :D WOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a good lookin' lad! My grandson just turned 1 a little bit ago and oh my goodness, are they CUTE!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy for you, as your joy projects clear across the planet!

Now if you please, quit lollygagging and GET PAINTING!!!!!!!! :D and your drawings are cute as a bug, as my grandma used to say about little kids, keeping with the theme.

By the way, your new avatar looks like a painting by John Singer Sargent. Tres elegant, madame! And congratulations again on your wonderful family.

Alexandra
06-04-2011, 10:44 AM
Ohhhh, those are excellent drawings of some coool bugs Selby!

coops
06-05-2011, 04:13 AM
Great to see you again Selby, these drawings are so cute and so is your precious little one too:)

Caesar
06-06-2011, 08:30 AM
Nice to have You back, dear Selby!
I think that both as artist and as a mom You cannot refrain anymore from drawing and painting and You started with this funny cartoon drawing Your kid appreciates for sure!
I would agree with our ineffable D Akey about Your charming and aristocratic look Sargent would have loved to portray. It's just a pity an Avatar is too small as a reference ...

Selby
06-09-2011, 09:51 AM
thanks lovely friends:) will reply further tonight but for now the baby kindly requests his breakfast:)

Selby
06-11-2011, 05:31 AM
@DAkey-Thanks DAkey:) its lovely to have been so warmly welcomed back and glad to hear you like my new avatar- it was a photo from my wedding anniversary in January when my husband and I reaffirmed our marriage vows to one another infront of family and friends a choice some people found hard to comprehend but to us it was simply a way of affirming our choice to be together and saying i once said i do, and i still do:)

@Alexandra- :)
@Coops-thankyou.. felt good to have you see my bugs as cute-its as i hoped theyd come out IYKWIM
@Ceasar-yes tristan is such an adventurous spirited child too which is both lovely and a little concerning for his mum who loves to see his boldness and some days fears his confidence is a little too much, like when he decides to launch off the lounge at full pelt fogetting to me it seems, he is only quite little compared to the lounge, and a more circumspect decent may be warranted- so like you i too have already made a few goalkeeper like dives:)

Selby
06-11-2011, 05:52 AM
@Caesar- i think if you now visit the behind the brush thread you will find my photos a little bigger and easier to see

Selby
07-18-2011, 05:09 PM
once again ive been waylaid by things not arty in nature- were moving house but hopefully soon it will be done and i can come play:)

Selby
03-04-2012, 03:19 AM
Has it been that long since I've been here? how embarrasing:o (blush)
hehem sorry!
once more to the brush dear friends...or however it goes:)

Selby
03-04-2012, 04:39 AM
In our garden zinneas stand against a sunbleached wooden fence gone grey from wear- their cheerful faces inspired this

D Akey
03-04-2012, 06:53 AM
That color really sings! Great choices. Looks very virtuoso in a Matisse sort of way, although he may or may not have ever considered this canvas gray to be so good for setting out the colors, especially the lime green. It works.

So at the very least, the move has produced a house in bloom.

Caesar
03-04-2012, 10:46 AM
Welcome back, dear Selby! We're waiting for spring here so, in the meanwhile, we may enjoy the blooming of Your painting!

coops
03-05-2012, 12:07 AM
Delicate colours and a real feeling of Springtime, well done Selby:)

screenpainter
03-05-2012, 06:49 AM
In our garden zinneas stand against a sunbleached wooden fence gone grey from wear- their cheerful faces inspired this

and how your cheerful face doth inspire us. :)

I like your flowers very much. the weathered fence sounds interesting as well. :)

mannafig
03-05-2012, 08:35 AM
Very pretty dear Selby:):)

SCP
03-05-2012, 08:44 AM
Great to see you back Selby.Colourful flowers for everyone is a nice way to come back.;):):)

Selby
03-06-2012, 08:22 AM
D Akey- thankyou what a beautiful compliment:)
and yes the house is in bloom indeed! infact the garden we have gotten with this house although wanting quite a bit of love from being i think perhaps ignored too long before we came is rather amazing and even more so as its a rental. The garden was what initially drew me to consider this house- as you drive up the street you see a sage green federation style wooden and metal fence and gate arch covered in the most beautiful roses all rambling and wild in whites pinks burgundys and apricots framing a pretty little white cottage with sage trim on the eaves and the photo in the ad of the front of the house had me inlove at first sight.

Caesar, Coops , Screenpainter, mannafig, SCP:):) thankyou all for such a lovely welcome home here.

Selby
03-06-2012, 08:29 AM
wow!! talk about while i was sleeping:) I had totally missed that ar now had an iphone version and all i can say is yehah! and hurrah! very very excited esp as my home monitor has now gone a permanent shade of part green and part pink with a tiny bit of correct colour in the middle this is a very exciting find.

so on the iphone we have a quick paint scetch of an red apple to get started with.

Belvrog
03-06-2012, 08:37 AM
Hi Selby. That photo is great. Wonderful moment captured. He's so very cute. Nice shades of purple in your flowery painting. Welcome back.

Selby
03-22-2012, 05:09 AM
Thanks Belvrog:) its so nice to be here again and puddling.

Selby
03-22-2012, 05:12 AM
A little pottering on my iphone while I waited for the physio.

Caesar
03-22-2012, 10:33 AM
You're so joyfully playing with such brilliant colors that You made me wish to give a try to pure color combination studies ...

screenpainter
03-22-2012, 10:45 AM
yay! that's cool... you are mobile now... great seeing the new iphone stuff. kind of going back to the old days with artrage 2.0 :) should be fun to be able to do some sketching anywhere on the go. it will be fun to see more of them. keep us posted. you can snap some awesome pics for references too I imagine. that would be cool if you can do that in the iphone version.

Belvrog
03-22-2012, 01:20 PM
Like lying in the grass. Nice !!

EB
03-22-2012, 08:21 PM
I like them

Earle

Selby
03-28-2012, 01:09 AM
thanks for the lovely compliments fellas:)

Belvrog- funny you should say that, thats what i was dreaming of while sitting pottering:)

new offering from the physios waitingroom

Alexandra
03-28-2012, 01:20 AM
Very beautiful combinations Selby. I would love a scarf with these beautiful splashes of color.

screenpainter
03-28-2012, 01:22 AM
splendid colors there.

coops
03-28-2012, 04:02 AM
Beautiful colours Selby, well done:)

SCP
03-28-2012, 11:21 AM
Wow colours are gorgeous Selby ,amazing you got that from a physios waitingroom.I think all my memories from my physios was Reds and Blacks :eek::( Well done.;):)

Caesar
03-29-2012, 12:23 AM
You're evidently exploring color schemes and merging implications ... and following a sort of chromoterapy too maybe ...:D
They look wonderful in Your combinations and I guess that also Your kid likes these works very much. Looking forward to see him too soon on ArtRage at Kidz Corner! :p

D Akey
03-29-2012, 04:25 AM
"Pottering"? "Phisios waiting room"? Is this some sort of artist-in-the-making-in-utero vision Selby?

:):):)

Selby
03-31-2012, 07:03 AM
Thanks for all the lovely replies guys:)

@Alexandra- wow that would be fun- Id love to wear my artrage art like that!: )

SCP- I was messing about trying to capture the red hot pain feelings in my hip/back and imagine that i was painting them towards a positive cooler brighter happier body feeling, sort of like a art meditation in the hopes that transforming the paint might help the body:)

Caesar- exactly right a "chromoterapy" kinda art play:)

D Akey- hehe you made me giggle. Dont quite know what im making of it all but its a nice kind of "little space" for artplay and exploration in my head while I sit n wait in an otherwise very dull and uninspiring room.

Selby
05-11-2013, 07:20 AM
Hello friends: )
Popping in to say hello- hoping that that means I'll get some time to make & post art soon:)

cheers
Selby

D Akey
05-12-2013, 12:01 AM
Hello friends: )
Popping in to say hello- hoping that that means I'll get some time to make & post art soon:)

cheers
Selby

Nice to see you again. Is the wee one not giving you much time then? How is the little one?

Alexandra
05-12-2013, 04:45 AM
Good to see you Selby, Happy Mother's Day.:cool:

Caesar
05-13-2013, 08:50 PM
Hello Selby! Nice to see Your charming classical figure and joyful wit in here!

pai
05-13-2013, 10:48 PM
it's so nice to see you back, Selby :) and love to see your sweet little girl, so awesome, she's gorgeous and so sweet smile. :)

Selby
05-15-2013, 04:34 AM
Thanks Guys:o:D such a lovely welcome home!

@ D Akey - hehe No thats right he gives me no Quater at all! My mother says its Karma as I never gave her a rest ever hehe and the universe is just letting me know what its like to parent those kinda high energy kids so ill understand why she always seemed quite tired in all the photos;):D

justjean
05-15-2013, 05:23 AM
Selby, Tristan looks like a real bundle of boy, you will have fun in the years to come :D

Selby
08-03-2018, 08:16 AM

It has been far too long but its lovely to be back with a computer that actually works! And soon Ill have AR fully installed too but for now a very quick play in the demo-feels very nice to be here again

Alexandra
08-03-2018, 10:34 AM
Hi Selby, great to see you! Great fun work!

DaveRage
08-03-2018, 12:05 PM
Welcome back, Selby! That's a very happy looking cat :)

Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have any problems with downloading / reinstalling and so on, I'll be happy to help of course!

Selby
08-03-2018, 10:20 PM
Thanks Alexandra & Dave so lovely to be warmly welcomed after such a long time away. I’m looking forward to catching up on all the news

gxhpainter
08-04-2018, 03:21 AM
Hi Selby, so great to have you back and posting, I am looking forward to seeing your new creations. And you will love all the new features of ArtRage....

D Akey
08-04-2018, 07:30 AM
Gee whiz! Did you finally catch up on your sleep after the high-energy kid is off to school?

So good seeing you after so long!!! Hope you can get back to having some fun with picture making. This is such a nice surprise.

Chuck_M
08-06-2018, 06:03 PM
Very cool cat illustration, I see lots of passion in those lines. Hope to see more. : )

Selby
08-07-2018, 08:45 AM
Thanks ghxpainter and DAkey its lovely to be back and Im very much looking forward to getting my teeth into the new software.

Dakey- no such luck on the sleep- haha we have had our second child our little girl Cath who is a delight but..as it turns out also believes sleep is only for the weak :eek:

Thanks Chuck_M I'm trying to come back from a long time away from making art here so hopefully i will do lots of new work as I get myself back into the creative space

Selby
08-07-2018, 11:01 AM
Hello All,
thought you might like to see the little puddle about I've been having this morning after downloading AR5- so nice to get a little time to play before my day gets taken up with more mundane things[ATTACH=CONFIG]95714

D Akey
08-08-2018, 06:54 AM
Oooh. Lovely. I love the directional patterns -- both very pleasing in relation. It reminds me a little of different states of water on the movement level. Above is the water in the atmosphere being pulled by gravity, while on the surface it's being influenced by the moon. Gentle and sweet abstraction.

Nice start to the day!

Selby
08-08-2018, 08:54 AM
Dakey-you are spot! :) on thats exactly what i was thinking about as I played- it was raining outside so thats the directional water and the water under the moons influence is a sea being pushed by wind rain and tides with a little light of sunshine coming down through the rain.

Funnlily enough my real name means "Goddess of the moon":)

pat1940
08-08-2018, 11:41 AM
Beautiful Shelby , love the softness and yet it shows the fast movement of the water, very nice

Chuck_M
08-08-2018, 05:40 PM
Excellent Shelby, I like how those blues represents the sky, wind and water. : )

Alexandra
08-10-2018, 01:41 PM
Very calming, Selby. I would love to see this on a wall!

Selby
08-12-2018, 02:27 PM
Thank you Pat , Chuck and Alexandra 😊

Alexandra- I think your right I think I might frame this and pop it above my desk as I I’ve just changed my space and was thinking the walls were a bit naked

Selby
08-31-2018, 08:28 AM
A little play this morning thinking of windswept grass on a hill against a dreamsky- im thinking i might revisit this later but for now im enjoying its loose unfinnished nature and the colour play

D Akey
08-31-2018, 10:37 AM
Indeed. Communicates the playfulness and the joy of surprise. I know it commercializes it, but I could think this the most upbeat gift wrapping paper ever. The gift that keeps on giving -- first to the artist, next to the recipient of the gift. The colors are like peals of joy at a kids' party or maybe an older crowd who could do with a reminder of how special the moment can be.

Go Selby!

Alexandra
09-04-2018, 01:30 PM
I agree with DA, very uplifting. I love it!

Selby
09-17-2018, 08:54 AM
Thank you Alexandra and DAkey:)

DAkey How fun would it be wrapping something in your own paper-such a lovely idea!:)

Selby
09-17-2018, 08:57 AM
well this morning what i thought i would make would be some sort of quick city sketch but what ended up determined to come out my brush was more like the view you get out a window in heavy rain95987

Kunanimate
09-17-2018, 12:08 PM
A little play this morning thinking of windswept grass on a hill against a dreamsky- im thinking i might revisit this later but for now im enjoying its loose unfinnished nature and the colour play

Agree with the comments, love the looseness.

Alexandra
09-19-2018, 02:17 AM
I like it. It reminds me of a nice much needed rain, and the colors add a beautiful aura.

D Akey
09-19-2018, 08:33 AM
Like watercolors in the rain. The Buddhist sand painters would embrace you mightily no doubt for the ideas of change and movement. You may have fostered a whole new philosophical school of art.

In these the colors are very fresh and alive and organic. I think maybe part of you is resisting the hard structure of metal and stone buildings in favor of the flowing nature of water and air elements.

Selby
07-18-2019, 08:36 AM

its been too long- little sketch while on the phone

D Akey
07-19-2019, 07:41 AM
That doggie hasn't a clue where he left his bone. Next time he'll leave a clue. Fun character, Selby!

Fashmir
07-23-2019, 12:41 PM
Hey, look! It's Selby! Hi!

Selby
11-09-2022, 12:05 PM
Hello friends its been far too many ages but I’m here now and with a little play I had at 0430 when I couldn’t sleep this morning102630