PDA

View Full Version : High Plains

RobertSWade
09-25-2007, 04:43 PM
I have a pretty good idea where I want to go with this but, I wouldn't recommend the procedure I chose unless you have the patience of a Saint: All brush, 100 pressure/0 thinner/100 loading/10-15 brush size.

tinzo
09-25-2007, 08:56 PM
Hi Bob, colour on black is a favourite way of painting for me sometimes. You can get a wonderful glow to the work. This is coming along fine, can't wait to see it finished.

Rowena
09-25-2007, 11:11 PM
Hey Bob :D

I love the texture you have given the sky! and the colors are perfect imo.
Are you working on more than one layer I wonder?

RobertSWade
09-26-2007, 01:45 AM
Thank you Brian. Working on black seems a little easier on my old eyes. :)

Just one layer at this point Rowena. Thank you. :)

D Akey
09-26-2007, 04:22 AM
I like the strokes and colors a lot. Has a semi impressionist feel, through it's pretty labored for that school of art. But I really like it. Feels very refined in an artsy way. Not seamless, but artistic.

Whatcha gonna do about the black areas?

:D

RobertSWade
09-26-2007, 08:13 AM
سأقوم ترسم الاشجار :lol:

D Akey
09-26-2007, 10:22 AM
سأقوم ترسم الاشجار :lol:

Rumi was quite a comedian, wasn't he? Hahaha. Thanks for the quote. Very memorable. . . if you speak whatever language that is. . .

In other words, what the heck did you write and to whom? :lol: :lol: :lol:

And did all that close work put your mind around the bend, Mr. Magoo?

pai
09-26-2007, 10:58 AM
Hi Bob,

That's require lot of patience to do all those small strokes and it's not easy when you've to mix with colors. To me, it's has to have a strong color combination and shape in mind to do each stroke. Very nice start. :)

BTW, What's that quote mean? :? :lol:

RobertSWade
09-26-2007, 01:36 PM
It means: I will paint trees. :)

Going to play with the sky some more ...

RobertSWade
09-26-2007, 02:02 PM
???

RobertSWade
09-26-2007, 02:34 PM
larger

RobertSWade
09-26-2007, 02:37 PM
:)

pai
09-26-2007, 04:46 PM
Hi Bob,

Actually, there's different feel before you blending smoothly for the sky. Both versions are beautiful but I like the brush strokes one. It has that semi impressionist as D Akey has stated before. :)

screenpainter
09-26-2007, 05:38 PM
so beautiful Robert. Fantastic work. a stunning beauty.

Caesar
09-26-2007, 07:52 PM
A step by step creation movie! A wonderfully balanced, coloured and "emotioned" painting by means of masterly strokes of controlled, though remarkable, energy and a very personal style!
Here's another master I would ask for an autograph!!

Nika
09-26-2007, 10:41 PM
Hi,Robert! You've done terrific work. I like the colours, the lighting, th style. In my opinion the second vesion is better because the sky and the rest of the picture look united stylistically. The sky with brushstrokes is beautiful on its own :) :)

Rowena
09-26-2007, 11:41 PM
This is just the type of thing that makes me love digital painting! :D
It's an amazing thing to be able to post different versions of the same painting!?!

Anyway Bob :) as to my 2 cents worth... :lol:
I am most impressed by the way you have painted these trees! beautiful job imo...

The sky is thought provoking, I love the impressionistic treatment of your first sky, but noticed that you get a greater sense of space on the other version because the texture of the trees seems to move away from the smooth texture of the sky.

Of course this kind of realism may not be the purpose of the painting (as it wasnt with many of the great Impressionist paintings) but either way I think this painting promises to be another of your beauties, and I look forward to seeing which way forward you decide to take. :D